• 04 Aug 2020 - 05:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Game Of Crime / Crimine a due (Romano Ferrara, 1964)  (Read 2527 times)

bdc

Just watched the Italian tv broadcast,there's also an English dubbed print floating around (but that one is lesser quality).
Nice early giallo from Romano Ferrara with lots of double-crosses and intrigues plus a great score by Berto Pisano.
[spoiler]We also get a monster-brother here! Actually it's a car accident victim,horribly burnt,that's paralysed and keeps confined to it's room.Pretty bizarre stuff... :D[/spoiler]
I especially liked the ending of this one.

PS A poster for this movie can be spotted at a local Italian cinema that Peter Sellers enters in After The Fox (1966).

giallo joe

Re: Crimine a due / A Game of Crime (Romano Ferrara, 1964)
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2009 - 20:56 »

I agree, a great little giallo. Excellent soundtrack by Berto Pisano and a wonderful denouement. Certainly an overlooked gem.

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2009 - 20:31 »

I was very impressed by this too!
I have the Italian sat rip on a disc along with Piu Tardi Claire Piu Tardi.

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever
« Reply #3 on: 24 May 2009 - 08:27 »

This is indeed a very good little film in spite of the occational dead spot in the film's middle section. It has a very nice atmosphere and some good twists at the end, and I really love the soundtrack; particularly the song "Ho bisogno di te", which is performed in the nightclub. I also believe that this film may have had some influence on the many later 60s gialli featuring Carroll Baker.

It's just too bad that it's so incredibly obscure because it really deserves more appreciation that it's been getting - as does the same year's DEATH ON THE FOURPOSTER, which also features John Drew Barrymore and Luisa Rivelli. Rivelli, btw, is a criminally underrated Eurocult starlet (probably because she got out of the movie business in the early 70s) but she's definitely someone to check out because she's a very talented, sexy and versatile performer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 33 queries.