• 29 Nov 2020 - 12:53
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Garringo (Rafael Romero Marchent, 1969)  (Read 6843 times)

LANZETTA

Garringo (Rafael Romero Marchent, 1969)
« on: 17 Jul 2007 - 21:32 »

Another newbie i caught up with yesterday,directed by Rafael Romero Marchent.

Peter Lee Lawrence plays a schizophrenic bandit(Johnny) who as a boy witnessed his father being shot by an army officer so inevitably  Johnny grows up hating authority and goes out of his way killing every officer in as sadistic way as he can while robbing stagecoaches etc and to his credit Lawrence does an admirable job in conveying this wickedness as well as being impressive showing a more gentler side to his lady friend in the movie.
Anthony Steffen is Lieutenant Garringo who's assigned to bring in Johnny and its a typically adequate but wooden performance from him.

Not an over-engaging sw  so i give it 6 out of 10.  :D

Mart85

Re: Garringo (Rafael Romero Marchent, 1969)
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jul 2007 - 11:31 »

I really liked GARRINGO.  I thought the almost serial killer like angle for Peter Lee Lawrence's character was pretty cool and Steffen does what Steffen does best.  Some quite brutal moments too.  Certainly worth watching.

LANZETTA

« Reply #2 on: 18 Jul 2007 - 11:51 »

Yes i used to have doubts but the more i see of Peter Lee Lawrence the more i like him. :-*

Mart85

« Reply #3 on: 18 Jul 2007 - 11:58 »

Yes i used to have doubts but the more i see of Peter Lee Lawrence the more i like him. :-*

I ain't too keen on him as Silver but he's pretty cool when he does the meek lad turned sadistic avenger.  Have you seen CLUMSY HANDS?  That's a pretty good one. Again directed by Marchent. Peter Lee Lawrence does his meek into bad ass turn after he's left in the desert to die and some villain pimps his girlfriend.

LANZETTA

« Reply #4 on: 18 Jul 2007 - 12:06 »

Have you seen CLUMSY HANDS?  That's a pretty good one. Again directed by Marchent. Peter Lee Lawrence does his meek into bad ass turn after he's left in the desert to die and some villain pimps his girlfriend.
No but it sounds like i need to check that one out.

I've also enjoyed him in KILLER CALIBRE .32,PISTOL FOR A HUNDRED COFFINS and VIVA SABATA which all of i'm intending to watch again asap and write down something here about them. :D

The Hunchback

« Reply #5 on: 19 Jul 2007 - 11:10 »

I ain't too keen on him as Silver but he's pretty cool when he does the meek lad turned sadistic avenger.  Have you seen CLUMSY HANDS?  That's a pretty good one. Again directed by Marchent. Peter Lee Lawrence does his meek into bad ass turn after he's left in the desert to die and some villain pimps his girlfriend.

I take it CLUMSY HANDS isn't a comedy then?

Much like FASTHAND IS STILL MY NAME. Despite the goofy title it is actually a really violent revenge spaghetti.

Everybody has problems with Lawrence for the same reasons they dislike Giuliano Gemma (whom is one of my favorites), "too young" or "too clean shaven". Bullshit. Those two are great.

My first Lawrence solo outing was A PISTOL FOR 100 COFFINS which is a damn good spaghetti.

Then I saw THE MAN WHO SHOT BILLY THE KID which is a rather slow moving movie but has some great action scenes and a good performance from Lawrence.

VIVA SABATA is really fun! Lawrence is a shifty bastard in that one :D

LANZETTA

« Reply #6 on: 19 Jul 2007 - 12:01 »

Everybody has problems with Lawrence for the same reasons they dislike Giuliano Gemma (whom is one of my favorites), "too young" or "too clean shaven". Bullshit. Those two are great.
My main gripe about Lawrence is that it seemed to me that he was milking out a movie career based on an unremarkable minor role in For A Few Dollars More,but now i gladly hold up my hand and say i was wrong. ???

The Hunchback

« Reply #7 on: 19 Jul 2007 - 12:14 »

My main gripe about Lawrence is that it seemed to me that he was milking out a movie career based on an unremarkable minor role in For A Few Dollars More,but now i gladly hold up my hand and say i was wrong. ???
[/quote]

Mans gotta make a livin' somehow.

Mart85

« Reply #8 on: 19 Jul 2007 - 14:18 »

No, it's a pretty good revenge driven film in a similar vein to DEATH RIDES A HORSE.  I think the Italian / Spanish title translates as  WHEN SATAN GRIPS THE COLT.  I guess the CLUMSY HANDS title refers to him being left handed and he gets trained by an old Asian guy much like many a Kung Fu film.

The Hunchback

« Reply #9 on: 20 Jul 2007 - 00:37 »

I guess the CLUMSY HANDS title refers to him being left handed and he gets trained by an old Asian guy much like many a Kung Fu film.

you hear that Commissario!
It's been done ;D

IL COMMISSARIO

« Reply #10 on: 05 Aug 2007 - 23:23 »

:)  DAMN!!   :)

IL COMMISSARIO

« Reply #11 on: 06 Aug 2007 - 23:36 »

But did the hero have boomerang knives? Did the chinese guy teach him martial skills?

The Hunchback

« Reply #12 on: 06 Aug 2007 - 23:58 »

But did the hero have boomerang knives? Did the chinese guy teach him martial skills?

LET IT GO! it's been DONE ::) :D

Mart85

« Reply #13 on: 07 Aug 2007 - 06:20 »

Here's a couple of grabs:

The old master nurses Peter back to health and trains his reflexes and gunfighting skills.

IL COMMISSARIO

« Reply #14 on: 07 Aug 2007 - 22:10 »

I got this movie recently only I've yet to watch it.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.