• 19 Oct 2020 - 21:23
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Westerns set in the snow  (Read 10928 times)

Mart85

Re: Westerns set in the snow
« Reply #15 on: 26 Feb 2008 - 17:08 »

Not that I've seen it, but isn't SONNY AND JED set on a snowy landsacape? There's also the Italian WHITE FANG flicks too.

It might have a scene in the snow but the rest of isn't snowbound.

That`s a terrific film (which I was able to see thanks to you, amigo!), love the isolated and bleak setting. Cut-Throats Nine is set in the snow, as Marc mentioned.  Track Of The Cat starring Robert Mitchum has an incredibly snow-bound atmosphere. The Great Silence is my favorite of the snowy westerns I`ve seen.  I`m sure I`ll think of some others...

I'll have to watch that one again.  It's been a while since I watched it and the only bits I can remember is Giordana's stalking and killing the bad guys in the forest like rambo.  :'(

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #16 on: 26 Feb 2008 - 17:23 »

I seem to remember a short chase scene in the snow in [amazondvd]RUN MAN RUN[/amazondvd] as well,really nice contrast to the heat and dust in the rest of the film.

Andrew Monroe

« Reply #17 on: 26 Feb 2008 - 19:33 »

I'll have to watch that one again.  It's been a while since I watched it and the only bits I can remember is Giordana's stalking and killing the bad guys in the forest like rambo.  :'(

Giordana and John Ireland have a good chemistry in this film, and I really liked the way they slowly became allies. I`ve mentioned it before, but I`m a big fan of Giordana, he does the tortured protagonist bit really well. [amazondvd]Taste Of Death[/amazondvd] has a genuine sense of snowy isolation, you can almost feel the wind cutting though you when you watch it. I love De Masi`s score too, actually had the Digitmovies cd before I got a copy of the film from you.

mook

• Almost Human
« Reply #18 on: 27 Feb 2008 - 15:05 »

Gotta love westerns set in snowy landscapes. [amazondvd]Pale Rider[/amazondvd] was a snowy one. My two favourites are [amazondvd]The Great Silence[/amazondvd] and [amazondvd]Track of the Cat[/amazondvd]. [amazondvd]Track of the Cat[/amazondvd] is weird and stagey to begin with, but once set outdoors it's great, and Mitchum's bright red coat stands out nicely against the snow.

mook

• Almost Human
« Reply #19 on: 27 Feb 2008 - 15:15 »

[amazondvd]Death Hunt[/amazondvd] with Charles Bronson. A little gem.

Ben Cobb

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #20 on: 28 Feb 2008 - 23:23 »

I seem to remember a short chase scene in the snow in RUN MAN RUN as well,really nice contrast to the heat and dust in the rest of the film.

Yes, you're right Stephen. I'm just watching it now...
"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."

Baruch Jorgell

« Reply #21 on: 29 Feb 2008 - 19:42 »

Not italian... But the ending of Altman's "[amazondvd]McCabe & Mrs. Miller[/amazondvd]" is snowbound... The whole snow thing and ending actually reminded me of [amazondvd]The Great Silence[/amazondvd] (my all time favorite western)...
I also wonder if the Leonard Cohen soundtrack/songs on this movie had an influence over Keoma (since Franco Nero mentionned Leonard Cohen in the dvd interview...)

LANZETTA

« Reply #22 on: 29 Mar 2008 - 09:16 »

I'll have to watch that one again.  It's been a while since I watched it and the only bits I can remember is Giordana's stalking and killing the bad guys in the forest like rambo.  :'(

Giordana and John Ireland have a good chemistry in this film, and I really liked the way they slowly became allies. I`ve mentioned it before, but I`m a big fan of Giordana, he does the tortured protagonist bit really well. Taste Of Death has a genuine sense of snowy isolation, you can almost feel the wind cutting though you when you watch it. I love De Masi`s score too, actually had the Digitmovies cd before I got a copy of the film from you.
[amazondvd]TASTE OF DEATH[/amazondvd] is excellent and i started a thread about it a short while ago.I'd be interested to know if theres a decent widescreen dvd available?

http://www.lovelockandload.net/forum/index.php?topic=910.0

[amazondvd]A MAN CALLED SLEDGE[/amazondvd] also starts very memorably with a stagecoach heist in a blizzard. :-X

mook

• Almost Human
« Reply #23 on: 11 Feb 2011 - 17:51 »

Just watched the new [amazondvd]True Grit[/amazondvd] and thought, hey, this is a snowy western and remembered this thread.

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #24 on: 12 Feb 2011 - 11:54 »

[amazondvd]CANNIBAL - THE MUSICAL[/amazondvd]
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook 
Letterboxd

Italo-West-Fan

« Reply #25 on: 29 Sep 2012 - 08:21 »

The Boldest Job in the West with Fernando Sancho an Piero Lulli is also a very cool snow Western with a great Story !

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #26 on: 29 Sep 2012 - 09:26 »

"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook 
Letterboxd
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.