• 19 Oct 2020 - 21:07
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hands of a Gunman (Rafael Romero Marchent, 1965)  (Read 3192 times)

LANZETTA

Hands of a Gunman (Rafael Romero Marchent, 1965)
« on: 17 Jul 2007 - 21:33 »

This sw opens with outlaw Dan Murphy(Craig Hill),wife and baby arriving in town by wagon,but theres a reception commitee of lawmen waiting for him,and when they pounce unfortnately the child ends up taking a bullet from Sheriff Rogers.But suddenly Murphy wakes ups,its a nightmare retelling an event which happened 4 years ago.Murphy(under assumed name Richard Markey) is now totally reformed having ditched his guns,and with his wife and child Andy have settled into a new community in another state.But things ain't that easy because the Castle brothers are causing havoc all over the territory,and Murphy is enduring being taunted and beaten up but decides to turn the other cheek.

However things are set to change very rapidly because we learn that Andy is actually Sheriff Rogers son, whom the Murphys had kidnapped in retaliation for the loss of their son,and had brought him up as their own.Out of the blue a represantative of Rogers comes looking for Andy,and reluctantly to avoid any further loss of life they allow Andy to be taken away to his true father.Meanwhile there has been mass murder of Murphy's friends at the hands of the Castles and with Andy (but is this the last we hear of his adopted son? )gone it seems theres nothing holding back Murphy from picking up his guns.

Although quite bleak,i found this western gripping and very enjoyable especially with there being two stories running parellel.Craig Hill is excellent(as are the other performances) at conveying the pain of losing not one but two sons,and at dealing out his own justice on his enemies,including a neat little duel involving russian roulette.

My rating,a very decent 7 out of 10.  ::)

Mart85

Re: Hands of a Gunman (Rafael Romero Marchent, 1965)
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jul 2007 - 11:32 »

Nice review.  An early and American style entry but a good one nevertheless.  Great ending too.  :-X

LANZETTA

« Reply #2 on: 18 Jul 2007 - 11:49 »

A quite unexpectedly abrupt ending but my version(75 minutes) is likely to be cut. :)

Mart85

« Reply #3 on: 18 Jul 2007 - 11:53 »

A quite unexpectedly abrupt ending but my version(75 minutes) is likely to be cut. :)

I haven't seen a longer one.  75mins does feel short.  That said I'm only aware of the DVDR I've got sourced from VHS and the Spanish DVD.  Both have the same cut, even though the credits on the Spanish DVD run over the montage of Hill and his wife escaping.

LANZETTA

« Reply #4 on: 18 Jul 2007 - 12:09 »

Thats sounds the same as my copy.

On imdb an 88 minute version is stated.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0059530/

Mart85

« Reply #5 on: 18 Jul 2007 - 12:11 »

Thats sounds the same as my copy.

On imdb an 88 minute version is stated.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0059530/

Thanks for the info.

IL COMMISSARIO

« Reply #6 on: 19 Jul 2007 - 22:47 »

This sounds like a good one!

Italo-West-Fan

« Reply #7 on: 29 Sep 2012 - 08:47 »

I don't like that one ! I found it boring and not really Spaghetti-Like ! Only the ending was pretty good...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.