• 04 Jul 2022 - 23:40
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Django Against Sartana (Pasquale Squittieri, 1970)  (Read 2442 times)

LANZETTA

I've had a pan and scan dvd of this for nearly a year now which i've never watched partly because i'm still inundated with several other sw's but also because i was convinced that this would be a total turkey.

But hey all of a sudden the Movies4Men channel has suddenly been screening a glut of sw's in pretty respectable widescreen prints including this one which i've just finished watching and astonishingly its real good entertaining stuff.

While its true that Tony Kendall is no Nero when it comes to playing Django (well who is apart from Terence Hill's admirable impression in Viva Django) he still comes over as pretty cool but with an added ruthlessness together with menacing eyes.I was really impressed by him.

George Ardisson as Sartana though also exerting a reasonable amount of the required coolness( despite his frilly trimmings on his attire) is the weaker character of the two though is the more likeable one that helps out Django in his vengeance.

This movie being more or less a parody regurgitates all the sw cliches but its still very well done and is a great looking picture and the action sequences are very satisfactory.The music is varied with the main theme along similar lines to the sung theme on Corbucci's film,but theres also good doses of flamenco,blues and jazz-rock.

My rating 7 out of 10. :)

Mart85

Re: Django Against Sartana (Pasquale Squittieri, 1970)
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jul 2007 - 11:27 »

Yeah, thought DJANGO AGAINST SARTANA was a decent lower tier effort with a few nice touches here and there.

WilsonBros

• Almost Human
Re: Django Against Sartana (Pasquale Squittieri, 1970)
« Reply #2 on: 15 Aug 2007 - 11:56 »

George Ardisson looked ridiculously camp in my opinion.

It seemed like the main reason he would shoot people would be if they sniggered at how effeminate he looks...  ;D

The movie itself was slightly better than I was expecting, but it looked as threadbare as hell.

Kev W
"Two blokes with with a fuck-load of cutlery!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.