• 20 Sep 2020 - 01:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Garringo (Rafael Romero Marchent, 1969)  (Read 6510 times)

Andrew Monroe

Re: Garringo (Rafael Romero Marchent, 1969)
« Reply #15 on: 25 Jan 2008 - 19:26 »

Just rewatched my copy of Garringo again last night. I really like this film - Lawrence is very good as the charming, mad dog killer who`s ultimately shown to be a coward. In fact, I thought he was almost Cagneyesque in the big showdown with his gang at the end, grovelling, snivelling, and pleading for his life. Steffen is fine too as the stoic Lt. sent to bring him in. As Mart mentioned, it`s a bit unusual having a spaghetti western about a fella that`s basically a serial killer, and this one doesn`t skimp on the violence. Nicely photographed and with an exeptional Giombini score, I`d say this is definitely an above-average entry.

I`ve quite enjoyed Peter Lee Lawrence in the films of his I`ve seen, with either this one or Killer, Adios being my favorite. I`d love to read a FAB Press-style book on his life, he was married to Cristina Galbo and also had a relationship with Erica Blanc according to IMDb. Shame he took his own life - due to depression over a brain tumor?

My dvd-r of Garringo is a fan-dubbed, must`ve used the Storm dvd as there`s a line or two still in Italian. Anyone know who did this one?

Mart85

« Reply #16 on: 25 Jan 2008 - 19:37 »

My SWWB mate Mark H did it.  Took him a while and was a nightmare to sync because each shot of the Millennium storm DVD had a few frames missing.  He did a great job.

Same here about a PLL book.  Sounds like an interesting fella and was in a few classics too.

Just waiting for that uncut FURY OF JOHNNY KID Koch were / are rumoured to release.

Andrew Monroe

« Reply #17 on: 25 Jan 2008 - 19:43 »

Thanks for the info, Mart. Your mate`s stuff really gets around - I bought this a year or so ago from a grey market outfit, they described it as being a really nice letterboxed copy. He did indeed do a great job btw.

A Gun For 100 Graves is another Lawrence sw I really like.

I`m with you 100% on Fury Of Johnny Kid (uncut), man, that`s probably my number one sw to see right now.  :P

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #18 on: 25 Jan 2008 - 19:44 »

Just waiting for that uncut FURY OF JOHNNY KID Koch were / are rumoured to release.
Also starring a youngish Paul Naschy sans werewolf outfit  ::)

Andrew Monroe

« Reply #19 on: 25 Jan 2008 - 19:49 »

Also starring a youngish Paul Naschy sans werewolf outfit  ::)

And don`t forget, Death Himself is supposed to show up at the end of the uncut version! Get on the stick Koch!  :)

Andrew Monroe

« Reply #20 on: 25 Jan 2008 - 20:06 »

By the way, I just have to say I think it`s rather shitty that these grey market dealers get hold of these fan projects and turn around and sell them for a tidy profit. It`s one thing to trade them among fans but quite another to charge $15 for them. The same one I bought Garringo off of last year has several mentioned on this forum in the latest catalog update. I have sworn off buying from them, there`s enough legit stuff around to keep me occupied, or I`ll trade for one I want.

Mart85

« Reply #21 on: 25 Jan 2008 - 20:34 »

Yeah, two of the guys who've done a fair few dubs now just keep them very close to their chest because they're sick of these fellas making money out of them.  They're cool with fans trading them and that but thing is sometimes its the same people.

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #22 on: 25 Jan 2008 - 20:47 »

I've seen a couple of your fandubs at at least 2 bootleggers site's Mart,shame these fuckers are making money off your hardwork.You gonna watermark your future projects?

Mart85

« Reply #23 on: 25 Jan 2008 - 20:49 »

I don't know how to watermark them but I haven't done any for ages.  Haven't had the patience.

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #24 on: 25 Jan 2008 - 21:06 »

I don't know how to watermark them but I haven't done any for ages.  Haven't had the patience.
Not so much watermark but put your name/nickname on the lbx blackbars during the opening/closing credits so everyone knows it's your project,seen this done on SILENT ACTION and STUNT SQUAD and i think Jonnys done it on his forthcoming QUEENS OF EVIL.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #25 on: 25 Jan 2008 - 21:36 »

Marc forgot to do it on Queens...  ???
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 23 queries.