• 27 May 2019 - 00:20
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: A Quiet Place In The Country (Elio Petri, 1969)  (Read 41312 times)

boxcutter

• Almost Human
Re: A Quiet Place In The Country (Elio Petri, 1969)
« Reply #45 on: 09 Apr 2011 - 17:33 »

heh, I was just searching for this DVD like I've been doing every so often for the past few months and this thread came up in the results. So far I haven't found any place willing to ship this to North America and as far as my DVD/BD buying experience in general goes Spain is second only to Brazil in terms of being a pain in the ass to deal with. I just don't understand it, there is no reason for this!

Gary B.

« Reply #46 on: 09 Apr 2011 - 21:27 »

DVDGO don't ship to the U.S. either!  it's strange indeed...  I order from the UK, Germany and Italy all the time with no issues.  If anyone finds a place that will ship this to the U.S. let me know!

Sundance

« Reply #47 on: 09 Apr 2011 - 22:32 »

Starscafe ships to USA, at least according to their shipping page. Here is the link for the disc http://www.starscafe.com/en/movie/un-tranquillo-posto-di-campagna.aspx
I have ordered from there once (not to USA though...), everything went fine at least then.

I'm pretty sure DVDGo used to ship to USA? But the last time I tried them (a year ago) they didn't even have an option to ship to Finland, even though I had used them several times in the past. >:(

boxcutter

• Almost Human
« Reply #48 on: 10 Apr 2011 - 02:56 »

Yep, found that same site after I posted that and placed an order. I'm pretty skeptical though, any time I order something from anywhere that has an availability of anything but "In Stock" (says it ships in 5 days) it never comes back in stock. We'll see...
The ebay sellers told me they wouldn't ship to the US anymore because not too long ago they had a lot of issues with stuff not arriving in North America and then today I was telling all this to someone I know who regularly sends things all over the world and they told me that not too long ago someone at the post office was telling them the same thing, that a lot of people are having problems with things they send to or have sent to them from Spain. Never had any issues here but it's been a while since I've ordered from this country.

boxcutter

• Almost Human
« Reply #49 on: 14 Apr 2011 - 16:07 »

Starscafe ships to USA, at least according to their shipping page. Here is the link for the disc http://www.starscafe.com/en/movie/un-tranquillo-posto-di-campagna.aspx

Just got a shipping confirmation on this a few minutes ago so it looks like they were able to re-stock it. Good news! The web site still says that this ships in 4 days though...

Gary B.

« Reply #50 on: 15 Apr 2011 - 02:37 »

Just got a shipping confirmation on this a few minutes ago so it looks like they were able to re-stock it. Good news! The web site still says that this ships in 4 days though...

Please let us know if/when it arrives!  If all goes smoothly, I'll order one as well.  Thanks!

broonage

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • j'aime tous les dvds.
« Reply #51 on: 15 Apr 2011 - 08:28 »

Is this how Nero met his wife, during the shoot?
Dig that groove baby.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #52 on: 15 Apr 2011 - 08:38 »

No mate, they met while making CAMELOT  :-X
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

broonage

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • j'aime tous les dvds.
« Reply #53 on: 15 Apr 2011 - 08:38 »

No mate, they met while making CAMELOT  :-X

Ok.  ::)
Dig that groove baby.

Filmbar70

« Reply #54 on: 21 Apr 2011 - 13:58 »

Does anyone know if Nero and Vanessa did the Eng dub? And how did that HD version compare with the Spanish disc?
Cheers.

Biondi

Franco Nero introduces A Quiet Place In The Country in London
« Reply #55 on: 10 May 2011 - 09:03 »

From the official Facebook page of the Italian Cultural Institute in London:

"On the evening of Friday 27th May at 8.30pm, the Italian Cultural Institute will be presenting an exclusive screening of Elio Petri’s rarely seen and disturbing avant-garde horror movie A Quiet Place in the Country. In this innovative but illusive classic, Franco Nero plays Leonardo Ferri, a tortured painter haunted by disturbing and sadomasochistic memories, which he attempts to evade by isolatin...g himself in a remote country retreat at the behest of his seductive female companion (played superbly by Vanessa Redgrave). Here, Ferri’s unsound mind is pushed beyond its limits when it appears that this ideal rural local and his female have become the target of a female spectre murdered during the fascist era.

Boasting an incredible psychedelic collage of imagery that perfectly reflects the male character’s fractured psyche, Petri’s stunning visual palette is complimented by a deliriously thumping soundtrack by Ennio Morricone, which adds to this unique cinematic experience. Part arthouse intrigue, part giallo precursor, A Quiet Place in the Country is pure Cine-Excess! We are delighted that Cine-Excess V Guest Franco Nero, who provides such a powerful performance in the movie, will be introducing this very special screening of Elio Petri’s lost classic.

A Quiet Place in the Country Screening is Courtesy of Park Circus
The film is dubbed in English language

This screening is open to cinema goers over the age of 18.

Still Courtesy of MGM/Park Circus

Organised by: Italian Cultural Institute

In collaboration with: Cine-Excess V

Tickets £7 - Early booking is strongly advised - 020 7396 4406"

boxcutter

• Almost Human
« Reply #56 on: 12 May 2011 - 18:49 »

Please let us know if/when it arrives!  If all goes smoothly, I'll order one as well.  Thanks!

Well, this isn't coming! From the tracking info it looks like UPS lost the package within 24 hours of receiving it and they just confirmed the other day that it was lost. Not sure how the vendor will handle this, hopefully they just send a new one, but I haven't heard from them and imagine it may be a couple of days before they get their refund from UPS. Unbelievable...

boxcutter

• Almost Human
« Reply #57 on: 13 May 2011 - 18:55 »

Well, this isn't coming! From the tracking info it looks like UPS lost the package within 24 hours of receiving it and they just confirmed the other day that it was lost. Not sure how the vendor will handle this, hopefully they just send a new one, but I haven't heard from them and imagine it may be a couple of days before they get their refund from UPS. Unbelievable...

Well, they were wrong; it came a few minutes ago! Judging by the label they found it last night. Finally!

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
« Reply #58 on: 13 May 2011 - 19:11 »

Does anyone know if Nero and Vanessa did the Eng dub? And how did that HD version compare with the Spanish disc?
Cheers.

I'm pretty sure they dubbed themselves.

BTW, do the Spanish disc and HD transfer have English credits?

boxcutter

• Almost Human
« Reply #59 on: 13 May 2011 - 19:54 »

The DVD has English credits:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 34 queries.