• 22 Nov 2017 - 21:10
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: A Quiet Place In The Country (Elio Petri, 1969)  (Read 26762 times)

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
Re: A Quiet Place In The Country (Elio Petri, 1969)
« Reply #60 on: 13 May 2011 - 19:12 »

The DVD has English credits:

Cool.  I wonder how it differs from the Italian disc (assuming that the Italians did not get their transfer from MGM - the HD master probably was not created when that disc was released).

Zarith

« Reply #61 on: 13 May 2011 - 20:16 »

Cool.  I wonder how it differs from the Italian disc (assuming that the Italians did not get their transfer from MGM - the HD master probably was not created when that disc was released).

If I remember correctly the Italian DVD has an English title sequence. I'll check tomorrow...

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Re: Re: Re: A Quiet Place In The Country (Elio Petri, 1969)
« Reply #62 on: 13 May 2011 - 20:36 »

If I remember correctly the Italian DVD has an English title sequence. I'll check tomorrow...

I posted caps from the Italian DVD earlier in the thread which show the Italian title on screen
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Zarith

« Reply #63 on: 13 May 2011 - 21:35 »

I posted caps from the Italian DVD earlier in the thread which show the Italian title on screen

???

Soukesian

• Anonymous Avenger
« Reply #64 on: 03 Jul 2011 - 13:36 »

Picked up a copy of the Spanish DVD on the basis of posts here - great, great movie! Thanks, guys!

gnorthcott

« Reply #65 on: 17 Aug 2011 - 17:31 »

This is coming out in the US in the next couple of weeks as part of the MGM limited edition series(basically a posh way of saying dvdr).Are there any differences in the US version to the European version.I dont know if theres any news on aspect ratio

Zarith

« Reply #66 on: 18 Aug 2011 - 09:01 »

This is coming out in the US in the next couple of weeks as part of the MGM limited edition series(basically a posh way of saying dvdr).

Are they truly releasing legal DVDs on DVD-r? It's odd. Duplicating DVDs professionally cost nothing... less than $1...
Is it because they are doing extremely small quantities? Say less than 200?

Does it happen often? I never received a film on DVD-r...

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #67 on: 18 Aug 2011 - 10:39 »

MGM, Warner, Sony and Universal have been doing this in the US for more than two years. They're 100% legal and because they're copied to order, cost a fraction of regular DVDs.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

babybreese

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #68 on: 18 Aug 2011 - 15:50 »

MGM, Warner, Sony and Universal have been doing this in the US for more than two years. They're 100% legal and because they're copied to order, cost a fraction of regular DVDs.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A fraction to produce, but not for the comsumer to purchase :(

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #69 on: 18 Aug 2011 - 17:41 »

A fraction to produce, but not for the comsumer to purchase
Indeed, I don't mind them though.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

gnorthcott

« Reply #70 on: 18 Aug 2011 - 18:57 »

Yeah i dont mind that its on a dvdr,its just the price that i dont think is fair sometimes.To be able to get nice prints of 'wild wild planet' and 'war of the planets' is cool by me,and if you look around you can get the warner archives discs for about £10.I really want to get pete walkers 'house of long shadows' from MGM (i think???) but heard its fullscreen and vhs quality

babybreese

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #71 on: 18 Aug 2011 - 19:17 »

Agreed - it's better to have them available than not at all...and the trend has taken root and is flourishing.

gnorthcott

« Reply #72 on: 18 Aug 2011 - 19:31 »

Exactly.a lot of these titles would remain buried by the studios so if it helps them get out there then thats cool,as long as the price is right,and quality of course

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
« Reply #73 on: 18 Aug 2011 - 19:50 »

Yeah i dont mind that its on a dvdr,its just the price that i dont think is fair sometimes.To be able to get nice prints of 'wild wild planet' and 'war of the planets' is cool by me,and if you look around you can get the warner archives discs for about £10.I really want to get pete walkers 'house of long shadows' from MGM (i think???) but heard its fullscreen and vhs quality

HOUSE shows around here on THIS-TV (a revenue-sharing station that has access to the 480i/p MGM masters) and it doesn't look like anything special (Darren Gross told me that the negative has not been accessed since the 1" master was struck for the early eighties tape edition).

Marc compared the DVDR with the UK Guild tape here.

gnorthcott

« Reply #74 on: 20 Sep 2011 - 18:53 »

Because the film has so many fans on here i thought i should mention(in case anybody is interested) there is a rather nice uk quad on ebay for £35,its not mine i just thought perhaps somebody might like it,and im nice like that  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.324 seconds with 21 queries.