• 19 Oct 2020 - 15:08
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Train For Durango / Un treno per Durango (Mario Caiano, 1968)  (Read 6774 times)

Mart85

I've only ever seen one of Fidani's efforts.  May well have been  A BARREL FULL OF DOLLARS.  Is that the one where Kinski plays a priest?

Andrew Monroe

I've only ever seen one of Fidani's efforts.  May well have been  A BARREL FULL OF DOLLARS.  Is that the one where Kinski plays a priest?

I don`t think Kinski is a priest in this one, from what I`ve read he`s the baddie who slaughtered the hero`s family. This one has a pretty good cast and supposed cinematography by Massaccesi, and seems to be held in fairly high regard by some of the folks at the sw database forums. I`ve seen a few Fidanis, and if you`re in the right mood - as in not expecting much, haha - they can be alright. AND NOW MAKE PEACE WITH GOD is typical of what I`ve seen, very mediocre but decent viewing with a spiked beverage.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

just ordered Train for Durango

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Mart85

I don`t think Kinski is a priest in this one, from what I`ve read he`s the baddie who slaughtered the hero`s family. This one has a pretty good cast and supposed cinematography by Massaccesi, and seems to be held in fairly high regard by some of the folks at the sw database forums. I`ve seen a few Fidanis, and if you`re in the right mood - as in not expecting much, haha - they can be alright. AND NOW MAKE PEACE WITH GOD is typical of what I`ve seen, very mediocre but decent viewing with a spiked beverage.

Ah I've got them mixed up then.  The one I was thinking off was WESTERN STORY.

I think some of the soundtrack of AND NOW MAKE YOU PEACE WITH GOD is on that WESTERN GOES POP CD.  Had some catchy songs from it.

paperbag

• Special Cop In Action

Got the Koch media disc.. such a great film I think, love the circle of death scene and the no bullet duel.. by far my favourite Antony Steffen movie.

Nice Mark Damon interview on the dvd as well, I didn't know he contributed so much to Italian films. (Did he really help Sergio Corbucci write Django?)

Andrew Monroe

Nice Mark Damon interview on the dvd as well, I didn't know he contributed so much to Italian films. (Did he really help Sergio Corbucci write Django?)

He makes many of the same claims in his book too, and (to be kind) I think he`s exaggerating a bit. He`s one of a few who claim to have recommended Clint Eastwood to Leone - Richard Harrison is another - and as for the co-writing DJANGO story, I`ve never heard that anywhere else.

The Hunchback

Is that the one where Kinski plays a priest?

No your thinkin' Giu La Testa, Hombre.
Probably Fidani's worst.

Ben Cobb

• Cane Arrabbiato

Just sourced a cheap 16mm print of this – solid colours, great condition and English language with Danish subtitles. Never seen the actual film before but am going to buy it. Have enjoyed all Caiano's other stuff I've seen – Night of the Doomed, The Fighting Fists of Shanghai Joe, Napoli Spara, Milano Violenta... don't remember much about Eye in the Labyrinth, need to watch that one again.
"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

Just sourced a cheap 16mm print of this
nice one Ben ::)

where do you check your reels out?

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Ben Cobb

• Cane Arrabbiato

I have a 16mm projector at home.
"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 22 queries.