• 08 Dec 2019 - 00:21
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Mania (Renato Polselli, 1974)  (Read 37831 times)

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
Re: Mania (Renato Polselli, 1974)
« Reply #45 on: 12 Sep 2010 - 12:53 »

Any updates?

"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #46 on: 13 Sep 2010 - 09:09 »

Jay's been away, out of the country. He might be back now though.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

mrblonde1369

• Anonymous Avenger
« Reply #47 on: 03 Dec 2010 - 14:43 »

i've just been through this discussion; are there any news about the Mania dvd screenshots? i'm desperately looking forward to watch this movie  :'(

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #48 on: 03 Dec 2010 - 14:48 »

i've just been through this discussion; are there any news about the Mania dvd screenshots? i'm desperately looking forward to watch this movie  :'(
Your not the only one who wants to see it.

I'll believe it's about when someone actually has a copy.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #49 on: 03 Dec 2010 - 17:43 »

Your not the only one who wants to see it.

I'll believe it's about when someone actually has a copy.

Yeah, it's looking quite unlikely anyone else has a copy of this one, except for the film archives in Rome (CSC)
"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

thuleviolenta

« Reply #50 on: 03 Dec 2010 - 20:01 »

heheh just thought some "big news" might be posted here..but..
as a so called polselli-fan i am quite interested in this movie-dont know why somebody says "i will receive the movie" and then there is nothing..not even the slightest info/explanation..about the "case"..
the so called "found" status is somehow laughable, as there is no difference to the "lost status" for the generall public/people who want to see the film..perhaps even more frustrating, as the print is (apparently) at the "film archives in Rome" and it is still no possible to see! Compare it with the state of being very very thirsty, infront of you a glass of water (or whatever) but you cannot reach it- a waste!

gnorthcott

« Reply #51 on: 03 Dec 2010 - 21:23 »

as a so called polselli-fan i am quite interested in this movie-dont know why somebody says "i will receive the movie" and then there is nothing..not even the slightest info/explanation..about the "case"..
the so called "found" status is somehow laughable, as there is no difference to the "lost status" for the generall public/people who want to see the film..perhaps even more frustrating, as the print is (apparently) at the "film archives in Rome" and it is still no possible to see! Compare it with the state of being very very thirsty, infront of you a glass of water (or whatever) but you cannot reach it- a waste!

?

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #52 on: 03 Dec 2010 - 21:41 »

That's not quite true - 'Lost' suggests the film hasn't been found and no prints exist. This is not the case with Mania or a number of other Italian genre films. They DO exist, they aren't lost and they're in very good hands (the Centro Sperimentale is set up to take care of film prints, unlike the average collector). Get to know someone at the archives and I'm sure you can watch it. There is every chance it will get a release in the future... unlike something that is 'lost'.

Heck, it's probably shit anyway!

thuleviolenta

« Reply #53 on: 04 Dec 2010 - 00:02 »

That's not quite true - 'Lost' suggests the film hasn't been found and no prints exist. This is not the case with Mania or a number of other Italian genre films. They DO exist, they aren't lost and they're in very good hands (the Centro Sperimentale is set up to take care of film prints, unlike the average collector). Get to know someone at the archives and I'm sure you can watch it. There is every chance it will get a release in the future... unlike something that is 'lost'.

To my knowledge: before the film was screened at a certain cinema it went hand in hand with the sensation that it was "finally found"..therefore it was considered prior to this lost-or?
and -even- IF the film was allways "there"...why did it never make it to video, or dvd ?
there was the "big sensation" when the trailer appeared for the movie, bit odd for a film that according to your statement is simply "there and well preserved"
It doesnt make in the end the particular big difference as still nobody can see it...completely independent if the film is "probably shit" or not. i think i am not the only one who likes polsellis films (who knows? perhaps for somebody else his other films are shit too) and likes to see it. there is the rumor that no-shame films wanted to release mania on dvd but couldnt "finish" the job as they went out of business, funny how no other dvd company mentions this movie, (the assumption is a complicated "rights" case-that nobody can release the movie unless its bootlegged) so i wouldnt be very optimistic about a dvd-release, and if i am wrong about this assumption...well even better(for me).. ;D

about the question mark posted by gnorthcott i can only double that back in your direction-but perhaps you could explain the reason for your question mark perhaps i can "help" you..

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #54 on: 04 Dec 2010 - 01:22 »

Hey, I was just joking about it "probably being shit"... I haven't seen it so I have no idea what it's like.

By the way - the 'certain cinema' was the Trevi cinema in Rome. There's a thread about it here (in Italian)

http://www.gentedirispetto.com/forum/showthread.php?9626-MANIA-di-Polselli

It's worth noting the very first line:

"Ieri proiezione "storica" alla Sala Trevi in copia riemersa dalla polvere ma tuttosommato accettabile."

"The historic screening at the Trevi Cinema... The copy was covered in dust but acceptable"

(it's late but that's the gist of what it says!)

Perhaps it's a no-go on dvd because the print is "covered in dust" and clearly in bad shape? That probably explains it. Saying that, I guess MYA wouldn't have any problems releasing it  ::) This might also explain why no one (appears) to have a copy - if the print is covered in dust I doubt the Centro Sperimentale will be knocking out copies for anyone, the potential to cause further damage to the film reels would be too great - that also makes sense to me - and also explains why it hasn't been screened since that one showing.

Zarith

« Reply #55 on: 04 Dec 2010 - 10:17 »

Perhaps it's a no-go on dvd because the print is "covered in dust" and clearly in bad shape? That probably explains it. Saying that, I guess MYA wouldn't have any problems releasing it  ::) This might also explain why no one (appears) to have a copy - if the print is covered in dust I doubt the Centro Sperimentale will be knocking out copies for anyone, the potential to cause further damage to the film reels would be too great - that also makes sense to me - and also explains why it hasn't been screened since that one showing.

If the print is in bad shape it would be even more important to scan it as soon as possible. The longer they wait, the worse it'll get...

gnorthcott

« Reply #56 on: 04 Dec 2010 - 10:41 »

the question mark is in relation to your rant,im surprised at how much your getting worked up about it.it had nothing to do with the lost/found status of the print.chill amigo

To my knowledge: before the film was screened at a certain cinema it went hand in hand with the sensation that it was "finally found"..therefore it was considered prior to this lost-or?
and -even- IF the film was allways "there"...why did it never make it to video, or dvd ?
there was the "big sensation" when the trailer appeared for the movie, bit odd for a film that according to your statement is simply "there and well preserved"
It doesnt make in the end the particular big difference as still nobody can see it...completely independent if the film is "probably shit" or not. i think i am not the only one who likes polsellis films (who knows? perhaps for somebody else his other films are shit too) and likes to see it. there is the rumor that no-shame films wanted to release mania on dvd but couldnt "finish" the job as they went out of business, funny how no other dvd company mentions this movie, (the assumption is a complicated "rights" case-that nobody can release the movie unless its bootlegged) so i wouldnt be very optimistic about a dvd-release, and if i am wrong about this assumption...well even better(for me).. ;D

about the question mark posted by gnorthcott i can only double that back in your direction-but perhaps you could explain the reason for your question mark perhaps i can "help" you..

gnorthcott

« Reply #57 on: 04 Dec 2010 - 10:44 »

the question mark had nothing to do with the lost/found status of the print but more to do with your rant.chill amigo

cacaro

« Reply #58 on: 05 Dec 2010 - 17:20 »

I honestly couldn't care less about the film quality (I too believe there's quite a high chance it may suck - especially considering Polselli's standards). Yet I've been looking for it for so long that if someone really had a copy it'd be fantastic. If only this guy gave us some updates (assuming he wasn't joking, of course)...

Perhaps it's a no-go on dvd because the print is "covered in dust" and clearly in bad shape?

Actually, as far as I know, ShameDVD WAS supposed to bring it out on DVD (similarly to what they had already done for other CSC obscure movies) but went bankrupt or something like that  :o

And, as you know, no other copy has ever surfaced (that's why I'd be really surprised if that guy really found one), unlike other very obscure movies such as Arcana, Viaggia Ragazza Viaggia, Terminal, Colpo Rovente and so on

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #59 on: 05 Dec 2010 - 18:54 »

Slightly off topic... An excellent copy of Arcana has surfaced in the last few days - it's a CSC copy and is fully uncut. Apparently, it came via director Giulio Questi himself! If only Renato was alive, perhaps then we'd have a more realistic chance of seeing his films in presentable quality.

Mania aside, wouldn't it be nice to see CSC quality prints of his other films?

As for the original posters claims about his 'copy in the post' - I suspect he was just having a laugh, nothing more. Now, if only that rumoured Zambian laserdisc of Mania would surface?!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 33 queries.