• 26 Aug 2019 - 06:38
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Five dolls for an August moon  (Read 3167 times)

Fray G

Five dolls for an August moon
« on: 22 Jul 2007 - 00:57 »

I learned recently that among the music on this film's soundtrack is two songs by italian prog giants Il Balletto di Bronzo, both from their first album Sirio 2222. The info i read also says that these tracks were not included on the Cinevox soundtrack album. I've never seen the film but am very tempted after finding this out. Can any of you tell me if this rings a bell? Is there 70's rock style music in the movie that you know is'nt on the released soundtrack? and is it more than just a few seconds long? I should just buy the film and find out for myself but theres a lot of italian films i'd buy before this given the choice.

Fray G

Re: Five dolls for an August moon
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jul 2007 - 01:00 »

Oh yeah, and I should say, what is the soundtrack of this film like? Is the Umiliani music any good?

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jul 2007 - 10:58 »

Oh yeah, and I should say, what is the soundtrack of this film like? Is the Umiliani music any good?

It's pretty decent, it's got quite a jazzy/lounge vibe about it which I happen to like. I have the Cinevox CD with 22 tracks on it, not sure if it's still in print or not. Cool CD though, I'd recommend it.
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

CJ

« Reply #3 on: 31 Jul 2007 - 02:09 »

I have the Cinevox CD too, and it does indeed miss the final rock track that is present on the film's closing credits. However, Piero Umiliani's score is the best soundtrack to a film...ever. This CD is played constantly - it's fabulous. So that more than makes up for the absence of the other track. Though, a score with everything present and correct would be an essential purchase IMO.  ::)

Saying that, on the Image DVD you have the option to play the movie with only the score, so you could...I suppose...rip that last track....

Fray G

« Reply #4 on: 31 Jul 2007 - 21:54 »

I have the Cinevox CD too, and it does indeed miss the final rock track that is present on the film's closing credits. However, Piero Umiliani's score is the best soundtrack to a film...ever. This CD is played constantly - it's fabulous. So that more than makes up for the absence of the other track. Though, a score with everything present and correct would be an essential purchase IMO.  ::)

Saying that, on the Image DVD you have the option to play the movie with only the score, so you could...I suppose...rip that last track....

That's cool. I've got the record Sirio 2222 that the rock track comes from( not an original, that's worth big bucks) so i'm familiar with it. I'm gonna buy this movie soon, what's the best dvd release of this? Image?

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #5 on: 31 Jul 2007 - 21:58 »

That's cool. I've got the record Sirio 2222 that the rock track comes from( not an original, that's worth big bucks) so i'm familiar with it. I'm gonna buy this movie soon, what's the best dvd release of this? Image?

Yeah, Image all the way as far as I know mate. I don't have this DVD but if CJ's right about the soundtrack only option you're onto a winner.
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Fray G

« Reply #6 on: 31 Jul 2007 - 22:04 »

Cheers. Another one goes on the list.

fdsmedia

« Reply #7 on: 11 Aug 2007 - 10:43 »

I would wait for the recently announced Bava box set volume 2 in which 5 Dolls for an August Moon will be included, release date October 23. Don't know if it will have the isolated soundtrack option, though...

Fray G

« Reply #8 on: 12 Aug 2007 - 17:50 »

I would wait for the recently announced Bava box set volume 2 in which 5 Dolls for an August Moon will be included, release date October 23. Don't know if it will have the isolated soundtrack option, though...

Good idea, i'll wait 'til that comes out. Cheers.

Daliah Lavi

« Reply #9 on: 28 Oct 2007 - 13:32 »

Nothing in the specs Tim Lucas posted on his blog mentions an isolated soundtrack...

http://videowatchdog.blogspot.com/search?q=5+dolls
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 34 queries.