• 09 Apr 2020 - 03:05
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Euro-cult movies similar to these two? (dinosaur valley, new york ripper)  (Read 2402 times)

Blastfighter

I've been trying to find movies that are similar to two of my favorite euro-cult classics; MASSACRE IN DINOSAUR VALLEY and NEW YORK RIPPER.

I really like MASSACRE because of the unique, to my knowledge, mix of adventure, sleaze, cannibal, gore and action, with a little bit of WIP thrown in for good measure. To me it feels like one of those old men's paperback novels from the 70s, taken to the extreme.

I've had difficulty finding anything that would be similar in tone. A lot of cannibal movies share the sexual and violent aspects, but are tonally completely different.

The same thing goes for RIPPER I suppose. It's a gialli, but with a very exploitative and sexual angle, and a comic book-ish quality to the characters. Maybe it's the whole "early 80s New York" setting that makes it unique as well, hard to tell, but I'd love to hear what movies some of you guys would place next to RIPPER.

broonage

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • j'aime tous les dvds.

Watch MIDV this week. Not bad at all, I really enjoyed the interview with Michael Sopkiw on my DVD
Dig that groove baby.

drmiaow

• Special Cop In Action

Good question! I've never seen MASSACRE IN DINOSAUR VALLEY but a few films that might sit well with NEW YORK RIPPER include TORSO, STRIP NUDE FOR YOUR KILLER, MURDER ROCK, NOTHING UNDERNEATH and TENEBRE...

cannibal man

THINK MASSACRE IN DINOSAUR VALLEY IS ALSO KNOWN AS CANNIBAL FEROX 2

I HAVE IT ON VIDEO
GREEK RELEASE.
NOT SURE OF LABEL.
NOT A BAD FILM AT ALL.

THE RITA HN

most comparable to NEW YORK RIPPER in it's rough and grimey 'tradition':

SO SWEET, SO DEAD
GIALLO A VENEZIA
CALLING ALL POLICE CARS
THE KILLER HAS RETURNED
FIVE WOMEN FOR THE KILLER

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 34 queries.