• 09 Dec 2019 - 09:57
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Neo Publishing (France)  (Read 16513 times)

Federico

• One Just Man
    • Freak-O-Rama
Re: Neo Publishing (France)
« Reply #15 on: 26 Dec 2009 - 08:54 »

I will be waiting a bit for these o drop in price.
Aren't the extras exclusive to the Neo discs?

Yes, I made them just for these releases.

Here's some screenshots from the two featurettes: "Histoire D'Un Vice" (History Of A Vice) and "Toutes Les Couleurs Du Giallo" (All The Colors Of The Giallo)

And, as a bonus track, George Hilton signing the first 200 copies of the dvds:

NEW SITE 2014 www.freakorama.org

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #16 on: 26 Dec 2009 - 10:42 »

Frederico, how do i get my hands on one of these signed copies?

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Federico

• One Just Man
    • Freak-O-Rama
« Reply #17 on: 26 Dec 2009 - 11:02 »

You have to buy it from Neo Publishing site hoping to be among the first 100 buyers (there are 100 signed copies of Mrs Wardh and 100 of All the Colors of the Dark).

2 days ago only 40 copies were left (20 + 20).

Zarith

« Reply #18 on: 26 Dec 2009 - 11:34 »

Thanks for the screenshots Federico.

I ordered the 2 DVDs yesterday. Hopefully I'll get a signed copy.

Zarith

« Reply #19 on: 08 Jan 2010 - 12:23 »

OK, got my DVDs... But not signed  :-[

I guess I was too late...

The extras are good, especially the interviews of Antonio Bruschini and Antonio Tentori. George Hilton doesn't have much to say about the movie though... He's talking about the location, how nice the actors were (he likes everybody, how boring  :-\). Nothing really interesting.

This is something I have noticed with almost every interview of Gialli actors (Edwige Fenech, Jean Sorel, Fabio Testi, etc...). Most of them don't remember the shooting. Back then, they didn't care much, I think. The most funny must be Edwige Fenech. In the interview included in No Shame's edition of Your Vice is a Locked..., it's really obvious that she is totally clueless. She doesn't even remember the plot!

Federico: listen again to your audio commentary of L'Etrange Vice de Mdme Wardh... at 12 min or so, something weird happens  :-*

Great job anyway. Thanks. I also like what you did for Neo's L'Ultimo Treno Della Note. The commentary with Aldo Lado is excellent.

I hope you will participate to many other Neo DVDs...

Federico

• One Just Man
    • Freak-O-Rama
« Reply #20 on: 08 Jan 2010 - 13:15 »

OK, got my DVDs... But not signed  :-[

I guess I was too late...

The extras are good, especially the interviews of Antonio Bruschini and Antonio Tentori. George Hilton doesn't have much to say about the movie though... He's talking about the location, how nice the actors were (he likes everybody, how boring  :-\). Nothing really interesting.

This is something I have noticed with almost every interview of Gialli actors (Edwige Fenech, Jean Sorel, Fabio Testi, etc...). Most of them don't remember the shooting. Back then, they didn't care much, I think. The most funny must be Edwige Fenech. In the interview included in No Shame's edition of Your Vice is a Locked..., it's really obvious that she is totally clueless. She doesn't even remember the plot!

Federico: listen again to your audio commentary of L'Etrange Vice de Mdme Wardh... at 12 min or so, something weird happens  :-*

Great job anyway. Thanks. I also like what you did for Neo's L'Ultimo Treno Della Note. The commentary with Aldo Lado is excellent.

I hope you will participate to many other Neo DVDs...

The interviews with the actors are always strange because they tend to say always the same things and when they start saying that everyone was nice and everyone was a sweetheart you know that you won't get any interesting info about the movie.
It happens pretty often, especially with actors.
Anyway, George Hilton has been a really nice guy and we've absolutely enjoyed his company.

Yes, there's a 20 seconds audio problem in the audiocommentary, I apologize for that.

I'm glad you've liked the dvds and my commentary on L'ultimo Treno Della Notte. I don't remember how many audiocommentaries I did since I've started doing this work but the one with Aldo Lado is certainly on top my preferences.

broonage

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • j'aime tous les dvds.
« Reply #21 on: 08 Jan 2010 - 13:26 »

Hey,

does Neo forsee putting out more English friendly releases, the giallo disks are awesome but I never buy them when I see them in Fnac etc due to the lack of English.  ::)
Dig that groove baby.

Federico

• One Just Man
    • Freak-O-Rama
« Reply #22 on: 08 Jan 2010 - 13:44 »

Hey,

does Neo forsee putting out more English friendly releases, the giallo disks are awesome but I never buy them when I see them in Fnac etc due to the lack of English.  ::)

I'm afraid that Neo Publishing will keep on having no English friendly releases.
The subtitles for the extra features will always be just in French and the audio track of the movie will always be in French and Italian because of the deals they make with the licensor. When the Italian track isn't available they use the English one (like for MIO CARO ASSASSINO or LA CORTA NOTTE DELLE BAMBOLE DI VETRO).

broonage

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • j'aime tous les dvds.
« Reply #23 on: 08 Jan 2010 - 14:07 »

That's a real shame.
I'm sure there are more in the same boat, Neo would certainly gather a larger fanbase!
Dig that groove baby.

Federico

• One Just Man
    • Freak-O-Rama
« Reply #24 on: 08 Jan 2010 - 14:33 »

That's a real shame.
I'm sure there are more in the same boat, Neo would certainly gather a larger fanbase!

Yes, I know... But getting rights for having English friendly dvds would cost too much for them and for the moment Neo Publishing will keep on focus on the Frech public.

Anyway, a bunch of Neo Publishing featurettes have been used in some Danish dvds and they have English subtitles.

djvaso

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #25 on: 08 Jan 2010 - 17:59 »

Hey,

I'm afraid that Neo Publishing will keep on having no English friendly releases.
The subtitles for the extra features will always be just in French and the audio track of the movie will always be in French and Italian because of the deals they make with the licensor. When the Italian track isn't available they use the English one (like for MIO CARO ASSASSINO or LA CORTA NOTTE DELLE BAMBOLE DI VETRO).

I would like that they have used Koch Media practice.

Zarith

« Reply #26 on: 08 Jan 2010 - 19:01 »

Yes, there's a 20 seconds audio problem in the audiocommentary, I apologize for that.

I thought it was funny  ;D

Federico

• One Just Man
    • Freak-O-Rama
« Reply #27 on: 08 Jan 2010 - 19:14 »

I thought it was funny  ;D

Yes, I guess it was  :D

I apologize again...

I hope that the commentary was interesting anyway. It wasn't easy talking about the movie for almost 100 minutes (and not in my native language!) trying to say interesting things...  ;D

Zarith

« Reply #28 on: 31 Mar 2010 - 11:58 »

Neo Publishing is officially dead.

reasons: The DVD market is dying, VOD doesn't grow fast enough, rights owners are too greedy, the French national film fund doesn't like genre movies, etc...

It's really sad. It was a fantastic label. I will miss them  :-[

A few highlights:

broonage

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • j'aime tous les dvds.
« Reply #29 on: 31 Mar 2010 - 12:30 »

I admired them but hardly bought their releases due to the lack of English. Perhaps another reason of their demise?
Dig that groove baby.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 34 queries.