• 24 Jan 2021 - 17:18
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Rainbow Thief (Alejandro Jodorowsky, 1990)  (Read 9917 times)

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
Re: The Rainbow Thief (Alejandro Jodorowsky, 1990)
« Reply #15 on: 16 Jan 2010 - 09:26 »

I met him, albeit very briefly, when I was working on the Stallone flick JUDGE DREDD.

Sheila Keith is great too. She has such a great, stone-faced look. She's not in RAINBOW THIEF much but her glare is instantly recognisable to those that love HOUSE OF WHIPCORD and FRIGHTMARE.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

pricey

• Almost Human
« Reply #16 on: 03 Jun 2010 - 10:25 »

Excuse the thread bumping, but does anyone know anything about this? - http://www.quietearth.us/articles/2009/10/27/Alejandro-Jodorowskys-ABEL-CAIN-is-officially-happening Sounds like it might be quite cool if it actually happens.

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #17 on: 03 Jun 2010 - 11:06 »

Hmm – don’t know, mate. I read a new story that originated around the same time as that article too. While I remain optimistic it is worth mentioning that Jodorowsky was supposed to be making a film (the title of which escapes me) for David Lynch’s production company Absurda – the project was officially announced at the 2009 Cannes Film Festival but has since vanished without a trace.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

pricey

• Almost Human
« Reply #18 on: 03 Jun 2010 - 11:28 »

I'm not holding my hopes up either, but it is listed on his IMDB page as 'In Production', although these things can often turn out to be bullshit.
Talking of Jodorowsky, I love his comics with Moebius, and stumbled upon this clip http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4xkdj_l-incal-moebiusjodorowsky-film-teas_creationfrom an animated adap of L'Incal. Looks pretty interesting.

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #19 on: 03 Jun 2010 - 12:30 »

Yeah, the Lynch-produced flick was listed on IMDB for a while before disappearing  :-[

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #20 on: 03 Jun 2010 - 12:32 »

It was to have been called KING SHOT and you can read about it here.

pricey

• Almost Human
« Reply #21 on: 03 Jun 2010 - 13:19 »

Stupid internet film rumours. They piss me off sometimes.  :)

Ben Cobb

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #22 on: 03 Jun 2010 - 15:12 »

Yeah, sorry to say that he does not have a film in production at the moment. He can't raise the funds. It's a sad state of affairs when legends like Jodo and John Waters can't get their projects financed. Cinema needs characters like them more than ever!
"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."

pricey

• Almost Human
« Reply #23 on: 04 Jun 2010 - 08:02 »

It is indeed sad. Even in recent memory, I remember visiting the cinema much more often than at the moment. 99% of films at the moment seem to be either incredibly dull and un-interesting, or just fucking in-your-face blockbusters that are great, but not re-watchable or nourishing for the soul in the slightest (or maybe I'm just getting jaded). I blame it on the internet (Scapegoat of the week).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 22 queries.