• 19 Jan 2021 - 16:26
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Shout (1978) on TCM U.S.A. Tonight  (Read 2726 times)

Mr. Arkadin

The Shout (1978) on TCM U.S.A. Tonight
« on: 15 Jan 2010 - 16:36 »

Ever had an unpleasant guest who overstayed their welcome? If so, you’ll definitely feel right at home with The Shout (1978), which makes its debut on the American Turner Classic Movies Underground segment late tonight (1/15).

When Rachel and Anthony Fielding take in an impoverished stranger who claims mystical powers, a test of wills ensues as he slowly gains control over their lives. But is Charles Crossley for real, and if so--can he be stopped?

This film is not available in the U.S.A. (and will probably not be shown again), so set those recorders and cover your ears!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFZC6JDRzEM

Michael Blanton

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Michael Blanton
Re: The Shout (1978) on TCM U.S.A. Tonight
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jan 2010 - 17:31 »

Ever had an unpleasant guest who overstayed their welcome? If so, you’ll definitely feel right at home with The Shout (1978), which makes it’s debut on the American Turner Classic Movies Underground segment late tonight (1/15).

When Rachel and Anthony Fielding take in an impoverished stranger who claims mystical powers, a test of wills ensues as he slowly gains control over their lives. But is Charles Crossley for real, and if so--can he be stopped?

This film is not available in the U.S.A. (and will probably not be shown again), so set those recorders and cover your ears!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFZC6JDRzEM

If you have a region free PAL compatible DVD player you can pick up a new or used UK copy fairly cheap (starting at £4.50 from amazon.co.uk).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shout-DVD-Alan-Bates/dp/B00004CJZD/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt
"I like to remember things my own way...how I remember them, not necessarily the way they happened."
SNAPORAZ!

Mr. Arkadin

« Reply #2 on: 15 Jan 2010 - 21:53 »

Yes, I have the DVD. :'(  I was just posting this as a heads up to any other American posters (btw am I the only one?), as the film rarely shows in the States and this would be a good opportunity to catch it.

Michael Blanton

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Michael Blanton
« Reply #3 on: 15 Jan 2010 - 23:00 »

Yes, I have the DVD. :'(  I was just posting this as a heads up to any other American posters (btw am I the only one?), as the film rarely shows in the States and this would be a good opportunity to catch it.

There are quite a few of us from the States, myself included (I live in Olympia, WA).

Check this thread out!  :-X

http://www.lovelockandload.net/forum/index.php?topic=2195.0
"I like to remember things my own way...how I remember them, not necessarily the way they happened."
SNAPORAZ!

Mr. Arkadin

« Reply #4 on: 16 Jan 2010 - 00:28 »

Thanks for the link, that helps a lot.  Seems like the majority are from USA or UK.  You and I are at other ends of the map. I'm in Texas :-X (And yes, the use of a smiley w/cowboy hat is intentional!).

Michael Blanton

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Michael Blanton
« Reply #5 on: 16 Jan 2010 - 05:13 »

Thanks for the link, that helps a lot.  Seems like the majority are from USA or UK.  You and I are at other ends of the map. I'm in Texas :-X (And yes, the use of a smiley w/cowboy hat is intentional!).

Do you live in Austin? 

Great town for film and music fans.
SNAPORAZ!

Mr. Arkadin

« Reply #6 on: 16 Jan 2010 - 11:53 »

I live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.