• 07 Dec 2019 - 22:58
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Four Lions (Chris Morris, 2010)  (Read 10643 times)

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
Re: Four Lions (Chris Morris, 2010)
« Reply #15 on: 23 Jan 2010 - 10:22 »

Notice nothing was said about Rich's "fingers crossed" comment which could be read as "fingers crossed ...... (insert whatever words you want) do kick off"

I'm being singled out again as usual.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #16 on: 23 Jan 2010 - 10:24 »

I asked for you not to make generalisations, as your post read like a sweeping statement. "Them" certainly doesn't sound specific to extremists, does it? I've made my point. I will just deleted anything that I consider to be offensive going forward.
Delete what you want, feels good to flex your modding powers does it.

It's ok for you to express views on Marc's forum isn't it, yes i read it because there was a link put to it on pre-cert.

Grow up. This is typical of your behaviour. No one can ever say anything to you without you kicking off like a baby: my post merely called for you not to make generalisations. Your first post in this thread read like a generalisation. Like Jonny said, if a casual reader was to stumble onto this thread they might be led to believe that you're some kind of racist bigot because your post could be interpreted as something written by one.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #17 on: 23 Jan 2010 - 10:27 »

Notice nothing was said about Rich's "fingers crossed" comment which could be read as "fingers crossed ...... (insert whatever words you want) do kick off"

I was being facetious.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook          Twitter        Google+
Letterboxd

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #18 on: 23 Jan 2010 - 10:32 »

I asked for you not to make generalisations, as your post read like a sweeping statement. "Them" certainly doesn't sound specific to extremists, does it? I've made my point. I will just deleted anything that I consider to be offensive going forward.

It's ok for you to express views on Marc's forum isn't it, yes i read it because there was a link put to it on pre-cert.

Grow up. This is typical of your behaviour. No one can ever say anything to you without you kicking off like a baby: my post merely called for you not to make generalisations. Your first post in this thread read like a generalisation. Like Jonny said, if a casual reader was to stumble onto this thread they might be led to believe that you're some kind of racist bigot because your post could be interpreted as something written by one.
I can't be bothered to argue anymore as i can feel myself getting more and more stressed.

I might as well leave. it's obvious you don't really want me coming on here.

if anyone wants to contact me get my email from Jonny.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #19 on: 23 Jan 2010 - 10:40 »

Official Warp page for the film with photos and blog entries can be found HERE

Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

TheMissus

« Reply #20 on: 23 Jan 2010 - 10:56 »

Shall we all just have a nice cup of tea?  :-X

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #21 on: 23 Jan 2010 - 11:43 »

I can't be bothered to argue anymore as i can feel myself getting more and more stressed.

I might as well leave. it's obvious you don't really want me coming on here.

if anyone wants to contact me get my email from Jonny.

Your level of paranoia really is something. This has nothing do to with whether or not anyone wants you to post around here or not, and everything to do with you making flippant comments about minorities that could be perceived to be racist by people that don’t know you. Since you brought up the subject of Pre-cert, we’ll use that as an example.

There was a thread on the Pre-cert forums back in October that became the soap box for a bunch of bigoted people to air their views about our country’s minorities. Some pretty awful things were said in that thread and because the admin was really ill (and offline), these comments were left without any moderating. I was so angered by what I read there I no longer post at Pre-cert and now hold a very dim view of some of its members. As Tanzi pointed out, I aired these grievances on the Cult Movie Forums last week. Had that original thread on Pre-cert (which raged for pages) had been nipped in the bud early on, I would have been none the wiser and would have been happy to carry on posting in the bliss of my ignorance.

Comments like the one Tanzi made at the start of this thread, no matter how inoffensive they may be in the mind of the person writing them are an invitation for those with more questionable beliefs to elaborate further. Comments like these will not be tolerated by me on here and will be removed without warning or notification. This is a film forum: if you want to discuss politics and religion I suggest you air your views about them elsewhere.

Thanks.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #22 on: 23 Jan 2010 - 12:43 »

that could be perceived to be racist by people that don’t know you.
Correct me if if wrong but a racist is someone who doesn't like another because of the colour of their skin, Muslims can be from any country and be any colour so i can't see how it is racist. Same as any religion you get white, black etc etc.

My comment was innocent and wasn't supposed to be controversial but mark my words, your telling me there won't be complaints when this is aired, i'd put money on it that there will be.

and if anyone wants to know, i'm agnostic (sort of).

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #23 on: 23 Jan 2010 - 12:46 »

Some pretty awful things were said in that thread and because the admin was really ill (and offline), these comments were left without any moderating.
I didn't join in the debate myself but i'm sure Andy (Robomod) was about at the time.

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #24 on: 23 Jan 2010 - 12:51 »

Correct me if if wrong but a racist is someone who doesn't like another because of the colour of their skin, Muslims can be from any country and be any colour so i can't see how it is racist. Same as any religion you get white, black etc etc.

My comment was innocent and wasn't supposed to be controversial but mark my words, your telling me there won't be complaints when this is aired, i'd put money on it that there will be.

and if anyone wants to know, i'm agnostic.

I took exception to you using the generic term "them" to describe Muslim extremists, Aarron. If you want to make a point about extremists taking offence to the Morris flick, then by all means do so but don’t make remarks that could be construed as an attack on a whole group of people.
You really didn’t need to get so wound up about it. My original post in response to yours was polite, after all.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #25 on: 23 Jan 2010 - 16:48 »

and if anyone wants to know, i'm agnostic.

I took exception to you using the generic term "them" to describe Muslim extremists, Aarron. If you want to make a point about extremists taking offence to the Morris flick, then by all means do so but don’t make remarks that could be construed as an attack on a whole group of people.
You really didn’t need to get so wound up about it. My original post in response to yours was polite, after all.
Fair enough but i'm sure you knew what i meant though surely :D

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #26 on: 24 Jan 2010 - 09:19 »

And to get us back on topic.....

The first review is in :-

clicky

Warning - spoilers aplenty.

Letterboxd

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #27 on: 24 Jan 2010 - 10:14 »

I like the fact that the reviewer wasn't to keen on the thick UK accents. Should be winner!
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #28 on: 24 Jan 2010 - 11:32 »

I managed to pick up Brass Eye on DVD for £6.00 yesterday. I loved it when I saw it the first time around and after seeing the clip for FOUR LIONS, I'm really looking forward to seeing it again.

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #29 on: 24 Jan 2010 - 12:44 »

Make sure you pick up the 2-disc set of JAM too.

Letterboxd
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 34 queries.