• 16 Aug 2022 - 12:16
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Night of Death / La Nuit de la Mort (Raphael Delpard, 1980)  (Read 3215 times)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Review of the Synapse DVD is now on the main site...

Night of Death - Synapse DVD review

indravayu

I wanted to like this movie, but ultimately it defeated me - I lost interest in the last act. Normally I have the patience of a saint with older horror movies, but for some reason I couldn't stay focused with this one - it just seemed like ti took far too long for there to be any action - and then that action wasn't all that exciting. Might have to give it another shot in the future, though - perhaps I was just in the wrong mood for it.

Philleh

It’s definitely a sombre effort, but it’s not too far removed from the French horror norm prior to the recent onslaught like Inside and Matyrs. I can certainly see why someone would want to switch off if they aren’t drawn in by the atmosphere and bizarre characters. You should certainly give it another try though, possible when your in the mood for something of a chamber nature… If you fancy a Franco or a Rollins movie, give this one a try.  :P

Michael Blanton

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Michael Blanton

If you fancy a Franco or a Rollins movie, give this one a try.  :P

I do and I've ordered a copy.  :-X
"I like to remember things my own way...how I remember them, not necessarily the way they happened."
SNAPORAZ!

indravayu

It’s definitely a sombre effort, but it’s not too far removed from the French horror norm prior to the recent onslaught like Inside and Matyrs. I can certainly see why someone would want to switch off if they aren’t drawn in by the atmosphere and bizarre characters. You should certainly give it another try though, possible when your in the mood for something of a chamber nature… If you fancy a Franco or a Rollins movie, give this one a try.  :P

Yeah, I'll try it again some time in the near future...I like some Rollin (have only seen a few - Iron Rose is my favorite so far - seemingly not one of his most popular films and certainly low action, but I loved the atmosphere - Grapes of Death was also pretty good - but I had a hard time getting into Requiem for a Vampire); I have only seen a few Franco films (Count Dracula, Virgin Among the Living Dead, Vampyros Lesbos), but would consider myself a fan already.

Philleh

If you fancy a Franco or a Rollins movie, give this one a try.  :P

I do and I've ordered a copy.  :-X

Good man! Looking forward to hearing your opinion on it!  ::)

Yeah, I'll try it again some time in the near future...I like some Rollin (have only seen a few - Iron Rose is my favorite so far - seemingly not one of his most popular films and certainly low action, but I loved the atmosphere - Grapes of Death was also pretty good - but I had a hard time getting into Requiem for a Vampire); I have only seen a few Franco films (Count Dracula, Virgin Among the Living Dead, Vampyros Lesbos), but would consider myself a fan already.

I have a love/hate relationship with both Franco and Rollins, they are undeniably talented men but some of their movies are true endurance tests, and I mean that negatively!   :-*

I think it was probably my brush with their Euro-cine material that drove me away from continuing to collect their filmographies. The movies made for that company really did test my patience! I can see why people can find entertainment in them, but I couldn't bare them!  :-*
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.