• 09 Jul 2020 - 18:29
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Los Angeles Italia 2010  (Read 1991 times)

Garbage Can

Los Angeles Italia 2010
« on: 27 Feb 2010 - 14:06 »

http://www.losangelesitalia.com/

http://www.losangelesitalia.com/los%20angeles%20italia%202010%20prog.pdf

February 28  - March 6 at the Mann's Chinese in Hollywood

"Mann’s Chinese 6 Theatre, Hollywood
Honoring the legendary artists Vittorio Gassman, Sergio Leone, Silvana Mangano and “the producer” Dino De Laurentiis

Special tributes to the legendary director Enzo G. Castellari, to the Academy Award® winning directors Gabriele Salvatores and Grammy Award® winning tenor Andrea Bocelli. And also to the Oscar®-winning and 2010 Nonimee Quentin Tarantino.

Italian Guests: The 2010 Oscar® Nominees Mauro Fiore, Aldo Signoretti e Vittorio Sodano, Marco Beltrani, Alessandro Camon, Michael Giacchino and Armando Iannucci. Together with Christian De Sica, Maria Grazia Cucinotta, Fabio De Luigi, Massimo Ghini, Rosabelle Laurenti-Sellers, Franco Nero, Isabella Ragonese and also Gisella Marengo, Marco Bonini, Agostino Penna.

Special Guests: Forest and Keisha Whitaker, Samuel and LaTanya Jackson, Joe Mantegna, Peter Fonda, Jacqueline Bisset and Rosanna Arquette, Sofia Vergara, Elsa Pataki, Tony Musante, Sofia Milos, Sandy Powell, Pietro Scalia, Antonio Sabato Jr. Luis Prieto, Moran Atias, Andrea Osvart, Francisco Queen. And also producers Lawrence Bender, Mark Canton, Matha De Laurentiis, Ryan Kavanaugh, Avi Lerner; music producers David Foster and Humberto Gatica. And many more to announce."

Anyone else going? It sucks that Street Law / Il cittadino si ribella, High Crime / La polizia incrimina la legge assolve, etc. will be showing during work hours next week, but I might go Sunday and a couple of weeknights just to get out of the house and check out the other stuff the fest has to offer. I predict it will be packed with all the Quentin-ites coming out of the woodwork with the IB/Oscars hoopla and whatnot (read: PARKING! Ugh!), but it looks fun.

Mr. SC

Re: Los Angeles Italia 2010
« Reply #1 on: 02 Mar 2010 - 06:07 »

Anyone know if those afternoon Castellari screenings are film prints or digital projections from tape or DVD sources? I suspect the latter.

Garbage Can

« Reply #2 on: 02 Mar 2010 - 06:38 »

I can't speak on all the screenings this week, but the Enrico Mattei bio, the Anne Frank one and Enzo's IB were DVDs projected onto the big screen, with comical malfunctions at times. I might take a few hours off for a "doctor's appointment" for High Crime on Friday.

Mr. SC

« Reply #3 on: 03 Mar 2010 - 06:41 »

I have a feeling they're all gonna be digital. I just can't see them securing 35mm prints of all those films and not even charging admission. How has the attendance been at the screenings you attended?

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #4 on: 03 Mar 2010 - 08:05 »

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Mr. SC

« Reply #5 on: 03 Mar 2010 - 20:59 »

Well, my buddy attended Day Of The Cobra today and he said it looked like a VHS projection and there were about 25 people in the audience. Aside from the presence of Mr. Castellari and Mr. Franco, I'd rather watch these on the couch!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 35 queries.