• 06 Dec 2019 - 02:45
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Doppia coppia con Regina / Alta tensiòn (Julio Buchs, 1972)  (Read 13967 times)

ciavazzaro

• Almost Human

And stephen at the end you got the spanish vhs too ?

Stephen Grimes

And stephen at the end you got the spanish vhs too ?
No sorry,i only have the TeleNorba version at the moment.

JoseADiego

• Special Cop In Action

Jose your vhs is the italian or spanish version ?

Ciao ciavazzaro,  spanish version  ::) ::)

ciavazzaro

• Almost Human

Thanks jose you have a Pm !

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action

English fansubs are almost done but I'm holding out for a copy of the Spanish VHS - given the running times and vague posts - can anyone confirm there are actually 2 different versions of the film or not? The running times appear to be almost identical reading the posts in this thread 1:17 vs 1:18.

I ask because the first love scene does look like it might be trimmed - (which is what inspired me to head over here and dig up this old thread  ::) )
"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

daraioargento

spanish version is on  emule, has been for ages, maybe diego got his there :lol:

its an avi tho

i'll send you a wetransfer djangoli :)

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action

Magic, as always! Cheers dude.
"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

alan tozer

• Almost Human

Yes definitely two versions edited very differently but from memory I don't think one was any stronger than the other.

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action

Hello Jose,i wanted to ask you a thing,i didn't understand if you have the spanish version of the movie.
If you have it runs 77 minutes ? and most important thing,it have a different ending than the italian version ?
In the italian version the ending is:

[spoiler]Marisa has just heard Gallardo telling her you damned,she put her hands on the table and then the worker give the electricity ,there is a lamp a flare,which means that marisa dies,and then a freeze-frame on marisa's face,and then the ending titles.[/spoiler]

Maybe the spanish ending is more longer ?,i ask this because at the time it was not unusual for this co-production having different ending,both 2 maschi per alexa and Dopodichè uccide il maschio e poi lo divora have a different ending in the spanish version.

So if you can help me thanks a lot ,let me know !

Thanks to DarioArgento I was able to do a quick comparison of the two versions:

I can confirm that both films end the same - here are some notes I made, copied and pasted for your pleasure...

------------

Spanish Alt Tension - at 07:32 (all the way to 09:45 - the shot of the red car being washed and the following scenes in the garage are entirely missing from the Italian print and would fit in perfectly in the Italian version following the same scene after the murder in the house/telephone call. It also explains how Juan Luis Galiardo was stuck in a dead-end job and so desperately wants to get rich quick...

The rest is more or less the same - no extra footage. The only real difference is that the opening of the Spanish version plays out like a 'flashback' which is explained later in the film. The Italian version simply plays things out chronologically, as they happen.

[SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

[spoiler]The final reel 1h:15m includes a crucial 10 - 15 second chunk omitted from the Italian print that sees Marisa Mell threaten Juan Luis Galiardo with a gun if he tries to leave - probably missing from the Italian print due to antenna interference (noticeable in various other spots, but no major hassle - but this short sequence is essential to the main plot and should be reinstated!)[/spoiler]

-------

So, there's no reason to go digging out the Spanish version unless it's (a) better quality than the almost perfect Italian TV capture, or you want the Spanish dub track. By re-instating the missing scene mentioned above you'd have all the footage, and bring the running time up to a more respectable 80 minutes.

I'll be sending fansubs to Dario soon - I'm committed to getting a batch of subs ready before anything gets sent out (I have 2 other gialli for him... a poliziesco for LordRetsudo... and part 2 of the Ray Lovelock interview almost ready - I want these all to go out together)

Almost there...  :P

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action

Thought I'd update this thread one last time - The 'crudelia' TVRip (xvid) that's on CG isn't the same as the Telenorba (DVDR) print that's circulating - and it has the last part which I mentioned above intact (Marisa Mell drawing the gun) It's also a lot less 'orange' than the Telenorba print, but lacks the definition.

daraioargento

Fansubbed composite soon to be uploaded at CG in two versions.

The telenorba print, slightly colour corrected with inserts from the spanish version, runtime is now 82 mins, fansubbed by the mighty Djangoli. Due to antenna probs this print was missing some of the end!!!. Thats been added using the spanish print as the Aspect ratios are closer.

The other print, with spanish inserts , this version is slightly longer by 20 odd seconds but is cropped more severely.

Version 1

Version 2

Strigoyu

• Almost Human

A great job, indeed, mate! Thanks for all!

aerodynamics

• One Just Man

Excellent, thanks for putting this together.  I'll look forward to downloading this one.

daraioargento

It's uploading at CG now!

udobroemme

• Anonymous Avenger

I've just finished a new composite and uploaded it to CG. I used the Telenorba print and inserted the missing shots from the RAI version. Some colour corrections have been applied to correct the oversaturation of the TN and the yellowish tone of the RAI print:

A bigger challenge was the sequence which only was available in Spanish, but I think I was able to make it fit to the rest as much as possible:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 33 queries.