• 16 Dec 2018 - 08:29
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For a Few Dollars More / Per qualche dollaro in più (Sergio Leone, 1965)  (Read 4239 times)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

When El Indio shoots that guy and is sat there all calm he gets a bit itchy waiting for his smoke... When he gets the ciggy he goes all calm and chilled out. What do you think is in the smoke?
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

When El Indio shoots that guy and is sat there all calm he gets a bit itchy waiting for his smoke... When he gets the ciggy he goes all calm and chilled out. What do you think is in the smoke?

It's works a bit quick but i reckon it's...

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

It's works a bit quick but i reckon it's...

Indeed! My thoughts exactly!
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

....and not forgetting Jack Palance in Companeros with his "Loco Weed"  ::)

Garbage Can

My parents went to Europe for two weeks and gifted me with this from the Girona Museu Del Cinema in Barcelona  :-X

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

"Are you a fan of Western movies of the 60s? The watchmaker Boegli has a new pocket watch for you. A new model, named the Far West , which is inspired by the musical pocket watch that Clint Eastwood is holding in the unforgettable film by Sergio Leone "For a Few Dollars More" 1965.

When the lid is lifted it activates a musical mechanism that plays the melody of the final duel, composed by Ennio Morricone.

The design evokes the charming and dusty atmosphere of the old west, with the characteristic motifs of the guitars on the western quadrant.

Fully polished gold plated to 10 microns, Far West is a limited edition of only 99 numbered copies. A must for any fan of the Spaghetti Western!."

More info HERE

Mark (UK)

• Special Cop In Action

"Are you a fan of Western movies of the 60s? The watchmaker Boegli has a new pocket watch for you. A new model, named the Far West , which is inspired by the musical pocket watch that Clint Eastwood is holding in the unforgettable film by Sergio Leone "For a Few Dollars More" 1965.

When the lid is lifted it activates a musical mechanism that plays the melody of the final duel, composed by Ennio Morricone.

The design evokes the charming and dusty atmosphere of the old west, with the characteristic motifs of the guitars on the western quadrant.

Fully polished gold plated to 10 microns, Far West is a limited edition of only 99 numbered copies. A must for any fan of the Spaghetti Western!."

More info HERE

I suppose it's a bit tacky, but ever since I first saw those films I wanted one of those watches..... & at just 1560 Euros I can finally get a couple  :-\

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

Anybody know anything about this release?

Even though the new German Blu-ray of For a Few Dollars More is far from perfect (optic failures like green stripes and white dots in the picture), the disc by Universum/Tobis is in fact the first release worldwide which is fully uncensored. Fans of the film will surely rejoice and consider a purchase of the Blu-ray.

The cover already announces that the film is uncensored but since that would have been a first time in the film's history, we wanted to make sure if that announcement lives up to the expectations. And it does, in fact. The new German DVD will most likely contain this uncensored version, as well (the old one was cut).

The German Blu-ray is region-free and offers an English audio line and English subtitles.

medway garage

Anybody know anything about this release?

Even though the new German Blu-ray of For a Few Dollars More is far from perfect (optic failures like green stripes and white dots in the picture), the disc by Universum/Tobis is in fact the first release worldwide which is fully uncensored. Fans of the film will surely rejoice and consider a purchase of the Blu-ray.

The cover already announces that the film is uncensored but since that would have been a first time in the film's history, we wanted to make sure if that announcement lives up to the expectations. And it does, in fact. The new German DVD will most likely contain this uncensored version, as well (the old one was cut).

The German Blu-ray is region-free and offers an English audio line and English subtitles.

According to posts on the Leone forum it is indeed complete, i don't have it yet but it sounds a 'must buy', there are a few minor problems;

http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=11528.45

1] The quote "Where life has no value..." is translated into German on the Universum BD, and there's no way to view it in English.

2]  'The thunderclap', when Clint raises his head and we can see his head for the first time, there's a thunderclap. On the old remastered MGM DVDs and the Paramount DVD, this sound came too early. It was corrected for the MGM BD. However it comes too early on both English soundtracks of the Universum BD, while it is correct on the German soundtracks and also of course on the Italian soundtrack of the Mondo BD.***This may not be a fault if this is the placement of the thunder in the original English mono mix ? Anyone know for sure ?***

3] Dirt and speckles on the source, though apparentely not that bad.

The pluses outway the minuses on this release, oh and you get the original english 'mono' mix without the revisionist tampering [but sadly no Italian option].I've heard negative things about the German 'Fistful of Dollars' Blu, but the Italian one is apparentely definitive with a very nice restoration...it even credits 'Bob Robertson' as director as per the original release, includes the original mono mix, both in English and Italian [with English subs for the Italian though they are apparentely dub titles] and it also includes the original Italian trailer including some exculsive footage and a unreleased early version of Morricone's main theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OkF6zrpJAQ

Mark (UK)

• Special Cop In Action

I watched the Universum BD a few days ago & while the PQ may not be brilliant, it's nice to see it in this longer version.
Reasonably price from Amazon.de http://www.amazon.de/F%C3%BCr-paar-Dollar-mehr-Ungeschnittene/dp/B00A990CSC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362218063&sr=8-1

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

Cheers Fellas.  ::)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.307 seconds with 19 queries.