• 12 Jul 2020 - 22:21
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Euro Cult movie locations... Anyone been to any?  (Read 9543 times)

Pollanet

Re: Euro Cult movie locations... Anyone been to any?
« Reply #30 on: 11 Jun 2008 - 21:18 »

I'm not a fan of westerns... but my family have an house in which generally i spend my holidays in august in the middle of Italy

near my house there is a place in mountain called Campo Imperatore (Abruzzi), famous in the story of Italy because there was the prison of benito mussolini in 1943, not far from Rome

this place in the 60's-70's was the location of a big number of westerns, especially low budget movies but also some very famous as Keoma and Lo chiamavano Trinità...

... if someone is programming a visit in italy... from this place are close also some locations from Non si sevizia un paperino as the pair of bridges and the cemetary in which Florinda bolkan is killed, even if i can't discover the exact place

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #31 on: 11 Jun 2008 - 21:41 »

from this place are close also some locations from Non si sevizia un paperino as the pair of bridges
Amazing location,2 huge modern concrete structures running through the beautiful countryside.A bit like the massive Viaduc de Millau bridge near me here in France which just appears out of nowhere!

IL COMMISSARIO

« Reply #32 on: 12 Jun 2008 - 04:18 »

All beautiful locales. How hot was it out there on your trip, Aarron? It's been borderline 100 degrees out my way for over 7 days straight save for today. I imagine it must have been sweltering out there.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #33 on: 12 Jun 2008 - 12:16 »

All beautiful locales. How hot was it out there on your trip, Aarron? It's been borderline 100 degrees out my way for over 7 days straight save for today. I imagine it must have been sweltering out there.
Cheers Brian, i had a fantastic time, it was hot but it was bearable, the same heat in England would have been hard to take but the air is different in Spain and it is easier to breathe.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Pollanet

« Reply #34 on: 12 Jun 2008 - 12:28 »

from this place are close also some locations from Non si sevizia un paperino as the pair of bridges
Amazing location,2 huge modern concrete structures running through the beautiful countryside.A bit like the massive Viaduc de Millau bridge near me here in France which just appears out of nowhere!

some years ago i was also for a marriage party in Monte S.Angelo, that was the principal location in Non si sevizia un paperino

a really strange place... really strange

I'm almost sure that Lucio Fulci didn't choose this little city only for his 'architecture' but also for the strange 'air'

I'm not a religious man, i don't like so much any religion even if I have no trouble with any religion or religious man, but the land around Monte S.Angelo is famous for magic works since when men live there, and catholic religion couldn't stop these works...

Mart85

« Reply #35 on: 12 Jun 2008 - 17:09 »

Well done Martin, spot on! ::)

:P

Class photos.  Looks like you've had a great time there.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #36 on: 13 Jun 2008 - 13:02 »

Well done Martin, spot on! ::)

:P

Class photos.  Looks like you've had a great time there.
I had the time of my life
cheers Martin :P

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #37 on: 11 Oct 2008 - 18:29 »

I want to go back to Spain!

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #38 on: 13 Oct 2008 - 09:32 »

Great posts folks, I've always been curious about the locations to some of these films. Does anyone have any video footage from Almeira in Spain? I'd like to edit some of it into my "10 rounds with Enzo Castellari" interview as he mentions it a lot and with such enthusiasm.

I did my first bit of location scouting recently, filming Lago Di Vico near our home here. The intention is to cobble together a short one or two minute montage which I'll add to a (fan-produced) dvd of 'No, Il Case e Felicemente...' sometime soon. It may not feature so much in the film (well, it's briefly glimpsed here and there...) but it looked so great when I filmed it a few months ago, the weather really was spot-on.

Pollanett didn't mention it, but there's some great location shots from Polizesco films on the gentedirispetto forums. Quite a few of the classics are up there, with a fair few shots from harder to find place in Milan.

Pollanett - where is this place that Fulci chose for the location in 'Don't Torture a Duckling' ? If it's not too far I may go and see if I can grab some shots/video for the forum here. Could you tell me the name of the locations exactly? (Thanks in advance!)

"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

Distorty

« Reply #39 on: 20 Oct 2008 - 01:11 »

I am also curious about where Mario Bava is buried?

Edit: It's in Tim Lucas' book. Bava is buried at the Prima Porta cemetery in Flaminio Rome.

Pollanet

« Reply #40 on: 16 Nov 2008 - 11:30 »

Great posts folks, I've always been curious about the locations to some of these films. Does anyone have any video footage from Almeira in Spain? I'd like to edit some of it into my "10 rounds with Enzo Castellari" interview as he mentions it a lot and with such enthusiasm.

Pollanett - where is this place that Fulci chose for the location in 'Don't Torture a Duckling' ? If it's not too far I may go and see if I can grab some shots/video for the forum here. Could you tell me the name of the locations exactly? (Thanks in advance!)

Castellari's Keoma was located in Campo Imperatore, also perhaps Cipolla colt even if I'm not sure

The principal location of Don't Torture a Duckling was Monte S.Angelo (FG) in the middle-south of Italy... in the movie the little town is called Accendura, but it's another little city in the south of Italy

The location with the double bridge is on the italian freeway A24-A25 Roma-L'Aquila-Pescara, I think around the long Gran Sasso tunnel, but i can't discover where exactly, I was on and under this freeway but i didn't find it...

Someone said me that also the cemetery in which Florinda bolkan is hurted  is near the bridge... but i don't know where exactly  :(

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #41 on: 15 Jan 2009 - 23:38 »

fdsmedia

« Reply #42 on: 17 Feb 2009 - 10:36 »

Anyone been to Portmeirion?

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #43 on: 17 Feb 2009 - 10:59 »

Anyone been to Portmeirion?

My kids have! No pics though I'm afraid.
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #44 on: 19 May 2009 - 07:19 »

Had to attend a seminar for work yesterday – I work in the centre of London, so a nice little jaunt into Berkshire made quite a nice change. When we got to the hotel where the seminar took place, it looked really familiar. Turns out that it's the exterior (and some of the interiors) of Frank N Furter's house in THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW. It's called Oakley Court. When I looked it up this morning, I was staggered by how many other films were made there:

The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)

Murder by Death (1976)

Dracula (1958)

Vampyres: Daughters of Darkness (1974)

The Curse of Frankenstein (1957)

The Belles of St. Trinian's (1954)

The Brides of Dracula (1960)

The Plague of the Zombies (1966)

-- And Now the Screaming Starts! (1973)

Die, Monster, Die! (1965)

The Evil of Frankenstein (1964)

The Great St. Trinian's Train Robbery (1966)

Blue Murder at St. Trinian's (1957)

Half a Sixpence (1967)

The Reptile (1966)

The Wildcats of St. Trinian's (1980)

Nightmare (1964)

The Pure Hell of St. Trinian's (1960)

The Old Dark House (1963)

Witchcraft (1964)

Girly (1969)

The House in Nightmare Park (1973)

Siege of the Saxons (1963)

Man in Black (1949)

The Crimson Blade (1963)

Mr. Thunderbird: The Gerry Anderson Story (2000 TV documentary)

The Lady Craved Excitement (1950)

The Professionals: Blind Run (1978 TV episode)
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 35 queries.