• 16 Jul 2020 - 16:57
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Euro Cult movie locations... Anyone been to any?  (Read 9560 times)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Re: Euro Cult movie locations... Anyone been to any?
« Reply #45 on: 19 May 2009 - 08:13 »

It's called Oakley Court. When I looked it up this morning, I was staggered by how many other films were made there:

Are you saying you'd not heard of Oakley Court before yesterday mate? It's slap bang next to Bray studios and should be familiar to any fan of Hammer Horror.
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #46 on: 19 May 2009 - 08:25 »

It's called Oakley Court. When I looked it up this morning, I was staggered by how many other films were made there:

Are you saying you'd not heard of Oakley Court before yesterday mate? It's slap bang next to Bray studios and should be familiar to any fan of Hammer Horror.

No, I hadn't heard of it before.  :-*

I only got into watching Hammer flicks about five years ago. Very impressive building.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #47 on: 19 May 2009 - 08:45 »

Fookin' hell! No wonder you were knocked back when you looked it up! Is it quite swanky these days?
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #48 on: 19 May 2009 - 08:52 »

Fookin' hell! No wonder you were knocked back when you looked it up! Is it quite swanky these days?

Yeah, it's right on the river, with beautifully maintained grounds. The interior of the main building--where we had a brief coffee--is great and has an authentic feel, but we were soon transferred to one of the modern conference rooms which was pretty non-descript to be honest.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #49 on: 19 May 2009 - 09:05 »

Yeah, it's right on the river, with beautifully maintained grounds. The interior of the main building--where we had a brief coffee--is great and has an authentic feel.

Seeing as you're the only person I know that's been inside the place, could you check out MUMSY, NANNY, SONNY & GIRLY and let me know if the interiors were actually filmed inside Oakley Court? I suspect they were but can't find any info to verify this.

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #50 on: 19 May 2009 - 09:14 »

Yeah, it's right on the river, with beautifully maintained grounds. The interior of the main building--where we had a brief coffee--is great and has an authentic feel.

Seeing as you're the only person I know that's been inside the place, could you check out MUMSY, NANNY, SONNY & GIRLY and let me know if the interiors were actually filmed inside Oakley Court? I suspect they were but can't find any info to verify this.

No problem - will check it out for you  :D

eiren

« Reply #51 on: 19 May 2009 - 09:41 »

Thanks for that! My wife and I were watching Dracula yesterday and she seemed to think the house was extremely familiar. Now I know why!

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #52 on: 17 Sep 2009 - 11:31 »

Here is one from the opening of Milan Calibre 9.

Nice one! Cool tee shirt too mate!  :P

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #53 on: 17 Sep 2009 - 11:46 »

Anyone recognise this location where an infamous Euro-Cult/Italian Arthouse film was shot?  A similar shot is in the opening scenes of the film

And, this may not be Euro-Cult but here is me standing where CLIFFHANGER was filmed in the Italian Dolomites, 4000m above sea level.  Also modelling the Lovelockandload summer catalogue  ;D

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 34 queries.