• 17 May 2022 - 11:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: New Western featuring former Spaghetti Western stars!  (Read 9910 times)

Col. Mortimer

A new Western featuring eurocult favorites Brett Halsey and Dan Van Husen is in the works.  However, the film is in need of funding and could use your support. Donations are being accepted on the film's Kickstarter page:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/966139435/feature-length-western-the-scarlet-worm

Spread the word and help support the Western genre!

Funktion

• Violent Professional
Re: New Western featuring former Spaghetti Western stars!
« Reply #1 on: 20 Nov 2011 - 15:12 »

Sorry for bumping this thread, but did anyone ended up backing this film, and heard anything from the people behind it?

I backed it, and just noticed the film is getting a DVD and Blu-Ray release in just a couple of weeks, but so far heard nothing from the people behind the project, which is disappointing considering I was supposed to get a free copy of the film.

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #2 on: 20 Nov 2011 - 15:28 »

Have you tried sending a message via the Kickstarter page?
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook 
Letterboxd

Funktion

• Violent Professional
« Reply #3 on: 20 Nov 2011 - 16:09 »

Have you tried sending a message via the Kickstarter page?
Yes, I've sent a message yesterday.
Here's hoping I'll receive a reply.

Of all the Kickstarter "campaigns" I backed, this one was surely different, unfortunately for the worse.
Not once was there any project update, and no news were ever sent out, not to mention the question of the rewards promised.

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #4 on: 04 Dec 2011 - 08:13 »

Did you get any joy in the end?

Facebook 
Letterboxd

Funktion

• Violent Professional
« Reply #5 on: 04 Dec 2011 - 13:09 »

Did you get any joy in the end?
After posting a number of messages at Kickstarter, Facebook, ..., I finally received a reply on Kickstarter saying he would contact me closer to the films release (which, by the way is next Tuesday).

Lets see if I will get something. Of all the Kickstarter campaigns I backed, none were like this, since the people behind it at least try to keep supporters informed about what's going on.
In this case, they didn't post a single update. I found out the film was finished, and getting a retail release through other channels.

Funktion

• Violent Professional
« Reply #6 on: 02 Jun 2012 - 11:06 »

Sorry for bumping this thread yet again, but I just wanted to provide a little update to the issue I previously posted about, since this topic was what made me aware of this Kickstarter campaign.
The film received a retail release a couple of months ago, but no DVDs were ever sent out to the campaign backers.

The campaign creator never updated the campaign once, and never replied to any further messages (I've been trying for months to get an answer, with no luck).

It's great to see Kickstarter being used more and more to fund little film projects or possible DVD/BD releases (such as the campaign to release The Opening of Misty Beethoven on BD, or The Lost Films of Herschell Gordon Lewis Restoration Project), but while the majority of my experiences with Kickstarter have been positive, as everything there's a possible bad side to it, in that it allows for something like this to happen.

Since you are entirely dependent on the goodwill of the people who run the campaign to provide the promised rewards, it allows for some unscrupulous people to basically take the money and leave, and sadly it seems this is what happened with this campaign.

Orgasmo

« Reply #7 on: 03 Jun 2012 - 22:32 »

This is sad to hear such things. I was thinking of using Kickstarter for my next project, I'll be careful to inform people, it's indeed the least you can do. This and meet your engagement with the rewards.

But you know, some people are more organized than others. I'm pretty sure at 97.6533% these people are not lacking of goodwill or unscrupulous but rather overwhelmed by their project and struggling with their priorities. It's no excuse I agree but it's often the case with small independent producer. It's should not be that bad if they can't find the time to make detailed follow-up of the project with the funders but at least feed them a little about the release and promise free stuff shipping.

Hopefully, you should receive your rewards as soon as they will get the head above the water.

Orgasmo

« Reply #8 on: 03 Jun 2012 - 22:35 »

Just out of curiosity, what was the 2 500$ funds intend for ? It's a ridiculously small amount of money for a film production.

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #9 on: 04 Jun 2012 - 08:22 »

Sorry for bumping this thread yet again, but I just wanted to provide a little update to the issue I previously posted about, since this topic was what made me aware of this Kickstarter campaign.
The film received a retail release a couple of months ago, but no DVDs were ever sent out to the campaign backers.

The campaign creator never updated the campaign once, and never replied to any further messages (I've been trying for months to get an answer, with no luck).

It's great to see Kickstarter being used more and more to fund little film projects or possible DVD/BD releases (such as the campaign to release The Opening of Misty Beethoven on BD, or The Lost Films of Herschell Gordon Lewis Restoration Project), but while the majority of my experiences with Kickstarter have been positive, as everything there's a possible bad side to it, in that it allows for something like this to happen.

Since you are entirely dependent on the goodwill of the people who run the campaign to provide the promised rewards, it allows for some unscrupulous people to basically take the money and leave, and sadly it seems this is what happened with this campaign.

Show your love and download it for free - A simple Google search of the title (Scarlet Worm) and the rls group's name 'Geckos' will help you find what you're looking for - At least this way you'll get what they promised you.

As for them being 'busy' - it only takes three seconds to post on FB and other similar sites that they've been using so, unless they had their hands cut off in an accident -and live isolated in a box - then there really is zero excuse. Of course, they may have been kidnapped by aliens?

By the way, if you look at his stats - The thread starter visited this forum less than 3 days ago... and didn't bother posting anything.
"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #10 on: 04 Jun 2012 - 08:44 »

Maybe Mike Malloy can shed some light on this as he's in the film and has mentioned it a lot on FB, I'm sure it's just an oversight as the Blu-ray has been out for a while and the people involved haven't exactly gone underground and disappeared.

Has the money pledged been taken?

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #11 on: 04 Jun 2012 - 08:48 »

By the way, if you look at his stats - The thread starter visited this forum less than 3 days ago... and didn't bother posting anything.

The thread starter is not the same person who did the Kickstarter page.

Facebook 
Letterboxd

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #12 on: 04 Jun 2012 - 08:57 »

The thread starter is not the same person who did the Kickstarter page.

Perhaps not, but I would assume he knows the people who are behind the release. If I'm wrong, then I apologize now, if not...

If the pledge money hadn't been taken then I suspect Funktion wouldn't have actually bothered posting anything in the first place.

Just remember one thing, it only takes 5 seconds to post a message on the web. Either you're on your deathbed, or you're a liar - take yer' pick.  :-X

"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

Funktion

• Violent Professional
« Reply #13 on: 04 Jun 2012 - 13:20 »

I'm sure it's just an oversight as the Blu-ray has been out for a while and the people involved haven't exactly gone underground and disappeared.

Has the money pledged been taken?
I'm sorry to say, but I don't think it's an oversight. The campaign was never updated, and no contacts were made regarding offering the promised rewards. So, like I previously mentioned, I contacted the director Michael Fredianelli through a number of channels (twitter, facebook, and kickstater itself), and finally received a reply last November saying I would get my rewards very soon. Since then I've sent numerous messages these past months, but I have not received a single reply.

If the film was not completed, I wouldn't be all that bothered, there was always that risk when I contributed to the campaign and I was aware of that, but the film was finished over a year ago, and they got a distribution deal (the film was released on DVD and BD in April), so not going through with what they promised, and never giving any updates about what is going on is quite shady, to say the least. It seems to me they are hoping the people who contributed forget about the campaign, so they don't have to send out the rewards.

Fortunately this is an exception, since with every other campaign I've contributed I've been constantly updated, most of them already made their rewards available, and in most cases the final results were very pleasing, more so than I expected.
And I'm looking forward to the results of the "The Lost Films of Herschell Gordon Lewis Restoration Project" and "The Opening of Misty Beethoven Goes Blu-Ray!" campaigns, which I recently backed.

By the way, I obviously paid the campaign already. Pledgers are charged when a campaign ends successfully reaching its target. I pledged $50 for it, and among other things I was supposed to receive a DVD.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #14 on: 04 Jun 2012 - 18:19 »

I was just playing devil's advocate before because I didn't know what the score was.

Be nice if this could be sorted without a ruckus on here though.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.