• 25 Sep 2022 - 04:11
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 55   Go Down

Author Topic: Code Red (USA)  (Read 305144 times)

bdc

Re: Code Red (USA)
« Reply #136 on: 01 Aug 2012 - 19:01 »

More overstock added to the CR storefront!  :D

http://codereddvd.bigcartel.com/products

bdc

« Reply #137 on: 08 Aug 2012 - 19:15 »

Bill removed some overstock titles and replaced them with new ones in the store,just a heads up. ;)

http://codereddvd.bigcartel.com/products (3 pages)

bdc

« Reply #139 on: 17 Aug 2012 - 19:45 »

Ghostkeeper is back up at the Code Red store (2nd pressing).

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #140 on: 17 Aug 2012 - 19:46 »

....STOP PRESS....NEWS JUST IN....STOP PRESS....NEWS JUST IN....STOP PRESS....NEWS JUST IN....STOP PRESS....

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

the blob

• Violent Professional
Code Red (USA)
« Reply #141 on: 17 Aug 2012 - 19:47 »

....STOP PRESS....NEWS JUST IN....STOP PRESS....NEWS JUST IN....STOP PRESS....NEWS JUST IN....STOP PRESS....

I just sent it to the news desk at the BBC website.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Re: Re: Code Red (USA)
« Reply #142 on: 17 Aug 2012 - 20:14 »

I just sent it to the news desk at the BBC website.

Hehehehe!

willfalls

« Reply #143 on: 20 Aug 2012 - 03:23 »

A heads up if interested in Madman 30th and hate that pesky blue tint (loved Code red's response on another forum as to it):
http://www.amazon.com/Madman-30-Year-Anniversary-Edition/dp/B003TX8Q6K
These have usually a pretty high price tag recently.  Maybe amazon found a box?

In no way associated with Code Red, personally I question the "love".

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
Code Red (USA)
« Reply #144 on: 20 Aug 2012 - 06:58 »

Question the love for MADMAN or CR? I have a few of CR's discs and am very happy with those but MADMAN is a truly awful film.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

willfalls

« Reply #145 on: 20 Aug 2012 - 15:30 »

The link originally was listed as in stock… :-*

I question Code Red’s (CR) love (I like Madman and their release, just taste though- mine is in my mouth)  but this is just my own opinion.
I do think they put out some good releases but it is a feeling I get that they are looking out for something else.
Prices for certain titles rose when they were “closing” their doors. Many titles that the company said are oop have hefty price tags on the internet (some of the titles still listed oop  on the old Code Red website can be had on the cheap now on the big cartel website).  And the issue with one of the latest releases being pulled for “uncut” being printed on the cover due to a few complaints. This was available publically for just a few days and, as people on other forums point out, a seller on ebay seems to have a deep stock of copies and sells them at inflated prices.  I am not saying that the owner of the company is living in a bank (like a stock broker who talks up or down certain investments maybe not with the interest of the client foremost)  but they are in a way supporting price gouging.

I think small runs of dvd’s is an interesting idea and  opens up the market some for a title by  attracting individuals infatuated with what is seen as “RARE”.  I think the reproduction of something old and obscure rereleased in limited amounts is a more meaty topic to think about.  Do these small runs meant to keep in line with the original rareness of a film? What do these second or third, etc class (or generation, not meant as degradation in quality) products do for/to the original.  Who makes up the biggest audience?...

Back to why I question the heart of Code Red. It is a feeling that I can’t shake personally that they are gearing their releases up more and more not for the fan, but the buyers with the appetite for the “RARE” and the seller.

the blob

• Violent Professional
« Reply #146 on: 20 Aug 2012 - 15:42 »

Back to why I question the heart of Code Red. It is a feeling that I can’t shake personally that they are gearing their releases up more and more not for the fan, but the buyers with the appetite for the “RARE” and the seller.

I'm sure Bruno will have a nice long say but I completely agree with that part I quoted. I'm not sure what percentage of these new direct limited releases actually make it to people who want the film.

bdc

« Reply #147 on: 20 Aug 2012 - 18:30 »

Do these small runs meant to keep in line with the original rareness of a film?

I'll just comment on this.  :D
There is no "big" audience for these films.

willfalls

« Reply #148 on: 26 Aug 2012 - 01:24 »

wanted  ti=o reply to bdc.  Never said "big" audience... Was asking who is the biggest audience purchasing: fans, collectors, sellers, people with code red brown stains all over their chin and chest, etc?

love tis post on another forum it's all love for film:
CodeRedDVD
  #1   [-]

(08/25/12 20:31:48)
Reply Quote More
My Recent Posts
Matthew David wrote:
Okay, this has now catapulted toward the top of my want list!  this 1983 film had an ultra-obscure Japanese VHS release, but remains unreleased in the US.  Maybe some enterprising company will rectify that situation

AIP later used a bunch of the BABIES footage for ISLAND FURY, which was touted as an Action (!) film, but I still need to see the original killer cockroach cut.  Looks like one crazy movie.

CODE RED REPLY:
I can release it, but the rights owner only have a 1'nch tape.  I will get those nasty people yelling....VHS! VHS! VHS! to the point let the movie be lost.  (sorry, I am still jaded over spending $400 to make TOMCAT 3/4inch to play, when vhs would've been cheaper and heavy pissing people posted about vhs).  Mr. britton will get on his soapbox and mention "Can't believe Code Red would release such inferior product".  Mr. Britton doesn't understand the word 35MM DO NOT EXIST ANYMORE.

feared impresario behind CODE RED DVD, whose loving no restorations of non-obscure and non-controversial films have earned them the moniker " #3 Criterion of cult" releasing easy to find films.

bdc

« Reply #149 on: 26 Aug 2012 - 09:01 »

I wouldn't know who buys CR discs,probably people with strange tastes?  :D

Collectors/sellers only seem to jump on them when they're oop or about to go oop (which took years for most releases in the past).
Nothing new there as they jump on all oop genre releases it seems.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 55   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 21 queries.