• 08 Aug 2022 - 20:16
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 55   Go Down

Author Topic: Code Red (USA)  (Read 299357 times)

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
Re: Code Red (USA)
« Reply #615 on: 22 Dec 2014 - 19:00 »

I used to buy from Bill's Big Cartel site all the time and have collected most of the code reds that i could manage to get. I live in the uk and it stinks that the he decides to only post to the U.S now , as all the worldwide support he had and he threw it back in our faces. He certainly doesn't care about customers or fans. Sorry for the rant but it has left me bitter , apart from that Hope everyone on here has a good christmas :) .
I'm not a Bruno sticking up for Code Red whatever tip but if you message him he will still send stuff  :D

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #616 on: 22 Dec 2014 - 19:01 »

I can't be arsed jumping through hoops just to get discs off him.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook 
Letterboxd

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #617 on: 22 Dec 2014 - 19:04 »

Couldn't agree with you more Kevin , i did laugh when he mentioned that it is due to rights issues that he can't post to the UK and his solicitors advised him not to post to UK either  :(.  Lets hope for some nice releases from other labels next year.

I asked him about Police Connection the other day and he said he doesn't have rights to sell it to the UK. And when it was up for sale hardly anyone from the UK bought it.

So.. erm.. which is it?

He deleted a couple of my threads so I'm probably on his shitlist now. Not that it's a problem really as I can just use another email address. The benefits of not using your real name on the net.

Facebook 
Letterboxd

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #618 on: 22 Dec 2014 - 19:08 »

I just asked on one of the threads if he will start posting to the U.K. again and he asked me to pm him, I did and he send he'd send if you buy at least 3 or 4, told him what I wanted and he sent a paypal invoice, maybe I caught him at a good time?

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #619 on: 22 Dec 2014 - 19:14 »

As it goes I've just gone down to half pay so I'm not really in a position to buy anything for another couple of months or so unless I start flogging stuff off to pay for it. I really can't be arsed with his histrionics and whingeing though.

Facebook 
Letterboxd

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #620 on: 22 Dec 2014 - 19:21 »

As it goes I've just gone down to half pay so I'm not really in a position to buy anything for another couple of months or so unless I start flogging stuff off to pay for it. I really can't be arsed with his histrionics and whingeing though.
That's what I do, flog my stuff to get other stuff, it's like a vicious circle  ;D

Funktion

• Violent Professional
« Reply #621 on: 22 Dec 2014 - 19:22 »

Couldn't have said it better.
I have his first 7 BD releases, but after what happened with the Nightmare BD, I'm not wasting my time, or money, to support this idiot.

First, I was supposed to keep checking the website, to see if it was up, and not in maintenance. If it was up, I had to prey for the titles to be available as "in stock".
Now, I'm also supposed to contact him. All, in order to pay inflated prices, with inflated shipping, for the laziest releases possible (no menus, rarely any extras, bad compression, ...). Not to mention the discs look like their were made in a back alley, since they are frequently already scratched (even if still sealed), and the covers usually have such poor quality my printer would print out something better. And all the while while having to read his descriptions where he keeps insulting his customers, and knowing if something gets lost or damaged during shipping, I'm shit out of luck.

No thanks, I prefer to support labels who actually put effort in his releases, while not treating their customers like retards. Labels like Vinegar Syndrome.

I'm surprised you are willing to tolerate this crap, Tanzi. You boycott a label like Arrow, because a couple of idiots that used to promote the label insulted you (and I fully respect that), but don't have a problem with a moron that insults pretty much everyone, from his customers outside of the US (which are apparently all scammers), to customers who dare ask him questions, not to mention of course representatives of other labels.

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #622 on: 22 Dec 2014 - 19:24 »

Couldn't have said it better.
I have his first 7 BD releases, but after what happened with the Nightmare BD, I'm not wasting my time, or money, to support this idiot.

First, I was supposed to keep checking the website, to see if it was up, and not in maintenance. If it was up, I had to prey for the titles to be available as "in stock".
Now, I'm also supposed to contact him. All, in order to pay inflated prices, with inflated shipping, for the laziest releases possible (no menus, rarely any extras, bad compression, ...). Not to mention the discs look like their were made in a back alley, since they are frequently already scratched (even if still sealed), and the covers usually have such poor quality my printer would print out something better. And all the while while having to read his descriptions where he keeps insulting his customers, and knowing if something gets lost or damage during shipping, I'm shit out of luck.

No thanks, I prefer to support labels who actually put efforts in his releases, while not treating their customers like retards. Labels like Vinegar Syndrome.

I'm surprised you are willing to tolerate this crap, Tanzi. You boycott a label like Arrow, because a couple of idiots that used to promote the label insulted you (and I fully respect that), but don't have a problem with a moron that insults pretty much everyone, from his customers outside of the US (which are apparently all scammers), to customers who dare ask him questions, not to mention of course representatives of other labels.

Word.

Facebook 
Letterboxd

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #623 on: 22 Dec 2014 - 19:30 »

I'm fairly sure that there's a touch of this about him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%BCnchausen_syndrome

Facebook 
Letterboxd

Funktion

• Violent Professional
« Reply #624 on: 22 Dec 2014 - 19:33 »

jimm

• Almost Human
« Reply #625 on: 22 Dec 2014 - 20:20 »

I had a good laugh at that chaps   :P
I have emailed Bill many times and he has not even bothered to reply , i agree why jump through hoops to buy his stuff. A lot of the new releases are tempting but having heard about the poor version of Amuck and the 15 min of Italian lang with no eng subs on super stooges vs wonder woman. It just goes to show the movies are getting rushed out and does he bother to even check the final disc content?!. I was suprised when i bought Voices from beyond BD to find that it had no menu and my chapter skip didn't work on the disc either. It may have been suggested before but i wish there was a blog where people could vent their angry views on Bill and his attitude. Anyway sorry again chaps all this anger is no good before christmas.  ???

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #626 on: 22 Dec 2014 - 20:43 »

There's a hell of a lot more to my hatred of Arrow than a couple of their old promoters insulting me but that was a part of it.

Like I said, I'm not on a Bruno mission sticking up fro Bill, just saying what my experience is, yes it is a pain in the arse to try and get his stuff, yes he is a loon etc etc, I've just not had any bad experiences myself, but in future I will wait till Diabolik get the stuff in though, because it's always in the back of my mind with each order "what if they don't turn up"?, will he think I'm full of shit? But luckily that hasn't happened.

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #627 on: 22 Dec 2014 - 22:34 »

Tons of better labels out there worthy of support than Code Red whose output is 70% obscure shite anyway (there's good obscure shit and then there's just shit - which most of these titles are). Sometimes I feel that the only reason why he is championed so heavily is because of his independent, DIY ethos which some (blindly) think he deserves instant kudos and respect and choose to ignore that his business savvy is non-existent and tolerate his shit service just in case he stops putting out more crappy, scratched lost 70s US 'gems'. There are about a dozen or so really great titles in the catalogue but the rest is frankly not worth the bother and shit you have to go through to get them.

broonage

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • j'aime tous les dvds.
« Reply #628 on: 23 Dec 2014 - 08:50 »

Tons of better labels out there worthy of support than Code Red whose output is 70% obscure shite anyway (there's good obscure shit and then there's just shit - which most of these titles are). Sometimes I feel that the only reason why he is championed so heavily is because of his independent, DIY ethos which some (blindly) think he deserves instant kudos and respect and choose to ignore that his business savvy is non-existent and tolerate his shit service just in case he stops putting out more crappy, scratched lost 70s US 'gems'. There are about a dozen or so really great titles in the catalogue but the rest is frankly not worth the bother and shit you have to go through to get them.

Exactly why i don't bother with them any more! One BR i wanted was the Voices of Beyond, but couldn't be bothered with the drama...lol I sold my last DVD on ebay for 30 quid though...wish i bought more!!
Dig that groove baby.

jimm

• Almost Human
« Reply #629 on: 23 Dec 2014 - 10:30 »

Exactly why i don't bother with them any more! One BR i wanted was the Voices of Beyond, but couldn't be bothered with the drama...lol I sold my last DVD on ebay for 30 quid though...wish i bought more!!

Now Now only one per Hoarder! lol "another one of Bill's idiotic quotes that makes me laugh"
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 55   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 23 queries.