• 06 Dec 2019 - 01:55
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Man Called Noon (Peter Collinson, 1973)  (Read 4543 times)

fdsmedia

The Man Called Noon (Peter Collinson, 1973)
« on: 09 Jul 2010 - 18:33 »

A british/spanish/italian co-production, coming from Odeon Entertainment on August 23...

A gunslinger known as The Man Called Noon (Richard Crenna) loses his memory after being shot during a surprise attack. As he searches for his identity, it becomes clear that he is on a mission to avenge the deaths of his wife and child. He meets and befriends outlaw R. B. Rimes (Stephen Boyd) and he receives comfort from a lady named Fan (Rosanna Schiaffino). Together, they try to piece together the clues and discover who shot him and just who he is. The villain proves to be Judge Niland (Farley Granger), and the trio go to extraordinary lengths to put him out of action.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
Re: The Man Called Noon (Peter Collinson, 1973)
« Reply #1 on: 09 Jul 2010 - 19:02 »

It was previously cut in the U.K.

Horse falls maybe?

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

fdsmedia

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jul 2010 - 10:18 »

The BBFC database says "details are not available" regarding the cuts.. . no info on the Odeon disc yet, fingers crossed it will be uncut.

loops

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jul 2010 - 14:14 »

It's been passed without cuts :'(

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/AVF043377

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #4 on: 28 Jul 2010 - 14:27 »

It's been passed without cuts :'(

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/AVF043377
It concerns me that it doesn't say "Previous cuts waived" as it could be the same cut version resubmitted.

loops

« Reply #5 on: 28 Jul 2010 - 14:29 »

I didn't notice that. I reckon it will be uncut as I can't imagine them submitting a pre-cut print. At least I hope not..

Scherpschutter

« Reply #6 on: 28 Aug 2010 - 16:58 »

Phil H will be publishing a review of this DVD on SWDB very soon

Watched the film a few years ago
Can't say that it made much of an impression
Story is based on a Louis Lamour novel, so they say, but I imediately thought of Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Identity: it's the familiar story about loss of memory, a man who thinks he's a ruthless killer etc.
Maybe Ludlum copied his story from Louis Lamour

mark meakin

« Reply #7 on: 07 Oct 2010 - 10:36 »

There are quite a few films on the BBFC website that have had cuts waived but there is no mention of the fact.The cuts were certainly originally for violence as they rarely cut horsefalls before the release of Heaven's Gate & The Long Riders in 1980.

babybreese

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #8 on: 07 Oct 2010 - 20:42 »

I watched this a month ago from a VHS source and there was not much violence, almost no blood and no nudity.  I could not fathom how it was rated R by the MPAA.  Did I see a cut version?

mark meakin

« Reply #9 on: 08 Oct 2010 - 13:52 »

I watched this a month ago from a VHS source and there was not much violence, almost no blood and no nudity.  I could not fathom how it was rated R by the MPAA.  Did I see a cut version?
I've only seen the Movies4Men print shown on UK satelite TV & I'm not 100% sure if their print is uncut.It does seem quite a tame film & the BBFC often cut films that were given a 'PG' in the states even if they were given an 'X' here !.

Gary B.

« Reply #10 on: 18 Nov 2010 - 02:33 »

I just watched this via the new UK Odeon disc and it looks great.  I had never seen this film before and was blown away by the incredible looking shots/landscapes on display.  Some seriously epic visuals that must be seen to be believed.  The audio on this DVD is weak and muffled sounding though, and I had to rewind a few times to hear the dialogue.  There were a few violent scenes, including horses falling and death by gunshots + blood.  But overall it's a pretty tame movie compared to many of the genre.  Definitely one of my new favorite SWs.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #11 on: 23 Mar 2014 - 20:50 »

Watched it this afternoon for the first time, thought it was pretty good. As I said before I was dubious about getting the U.K. disc so bought the Spanish one.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 34 queries.