• 09 Aug 2022 - 19:44
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Night of the Sorcerers / La noche de los brujos (Amando de Ossorio, 1974)  (Read 3402 times)

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

Some expeditionists go to Africa but not far from their camp there is a tribe that practices voodoo, the women are captured by the tribe, tied up and whipped and then beheaded at the altar only to return as Vampires scantily clad in leopard skin!

I found this one to be really slow, some nice shots here and there (some of the slow mo with women running through the trees reminded me of Rollin for some reason) but overall a slight dissapointment considering it's De Ossorio.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

babybreese

• Special Cop In Action

I like the women in this one but the film is very repetitive and slow moving.  The BCI disc at least is a nice way to see the film after years of murky, cruddy copies circulating.

Michael Blanton

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Michael Blanton

I like the women in this one but the film is very repetitive and slow moving.  The BCI disc at least is a nice way to see the film after years of murky, cruddy copies circulating.

I love the women in this.  8)
"I like to remember things my own way...how I remember them, not necessarily the way they happened."
SNAPORAZ!

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

True.  I've had the cut TV print Unicorn tape (quite rare these days), a DVDR of the uncut Dutch subbed version (horrendous quality), and a Something Weird Video tape that had quite nice color but was also pretty cut up, and a Japanese subbed DVDR.  Nice to see it HD-mastered even though the English track is out of sync.

THE RITA HN

i had the SWV tape of this back in the 90s during my more obvious ossorio-blind-dead-fan phase and also didn't think it was that good.  over the last few years i got back into it after giving it another try... i have to admit that it is now my all time favourite ossorio film (Loreley's Grasp and Ghost Galleon the follow-ups), plus it started a really unnatural obsession with Loli Tovar for some time.  like some other slow burn but really abstract and crude spanish horror films, such as the masterpiece Curse of the Vampyr, there's something really smokey and nightmarish-like about Night of the Sorcerers.  heavy heavy spanish film stock atmosphere.  i also compare it to something like rollin's Les Demoniaques for the french equivalent in mood and construction.

romantico

I really love this film .  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 22 queries.