• 26 Jun 2017 - 03:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Face to Face / Faccia a faccia (Sergio Solima, 1967)  (Read 18742 times)

gnorthcott

Re: Face to Face / Faccia a faccia (Sergio Solima, 1967)
« Reply #30 on: 15 Jan 2011 - 14:33 »

excellent  :)

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #31 on: 02 Feb 2011 - 10:45 »

Oh dear...

IMPORTANT ACTION REQUIRED – All versions of FACCIA A FACCIA to be cancelled UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Unfortunately I regret to inform you that we are having to pull ALL FORMATS of FACCIA A FACCIA (FACE TO FACE) from the release schedule. 

In the last week, some further unforeseen production issues have arisen regarding this particular title, which has led to us making the decision that it would be in everyone’s best interests for the title to be cancelled completely for the foreseeable future, until all these production issues have been resolved. 

We hope you appreciate our continued commitment to producing product of the highest possible quality, and will accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and amend your records accordingly – full details below

EKA70020 - Dual Format edition (containing both a Blu-ray and a DVD) – CANCELLED
EKA70020 – Blu-ray – CANCELLED
EKA40324 – DVD only – CANCELLED
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #32 on: 02 Feb 2011 - 10:58 »

Fuck sake, I came to terms with it not coming out only for them to announce it again  :-[

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #33 on: 02 Feb 2011 - 11:18 »

I'm sure it will happen, it’s just a case of being patient. Again.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

gnorthcott

« Reply #34 on: 02 Feb 2011 - 12:26 »

I have not seen this film before and was really looking forward to it,other than the koch sollima boxset,are there any other worthwhile releases of this?i know there are a few out there but need some idea of what would be the best disc to pick up.

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #35 on: 02 Feb 2011 - 12:29 »

I have not seen this film before and was really looking forward to it,other than the koch sollima boxset,are there any other worthwhile releases of this?i know there are a few out there but need some idea of what would be the best disc to pick up.

I have the OOP Japanese disc and it's pretty shit, in all honest. The soundtrack is almost inaudible.

I would suggest you just hang tight and wait for the Eureka release.

fenriz

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #36 on: 02 Feb 2011 - 15:43 »

I have the remastered french dvd!
french and italian audio with french subs!

R-T-C Tim

• Special Cop In Action
  • Rosalba Neri's personal trainer...
    • Mondo Esoterica
« Reply #37 on: 02 Feb 2011 - 20:15 »

Bone, I was really looking forward to this, just picked up Koch's release of 'Big Gundown' and was going to watch the whole trilogy.
Mondo Esoterica - Cult film and DVD reviews from Karl May to Bruno Mattei

paperbag

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #38 on: 03 Feb 2011 - 08:32 »

I have the OOP Japanese disc and it's pretty shit, in all honest. The soundtrack is almost inaudible.

I would suggest you just hang tight and wait for the Eureka release.

Its only inaudible in the opening scene of the english track, really. Italian track was fine for me.

Bogan The Wanderer

« Reply #39 on: 03 Feb 2011 - 10:24 »

Over at Criterionforum.org, Eureka's Peerpee wrote -

"We bit off more than we could chew (and it wasn't cooked properly). Sorry.

All hope is not lost, but we thought it best to take it off the schedule completely instead of continuing to muck about."

So it sounds like they're on the hunt for better materials or something.  Maybe it'll pop up again down the track - it needs a good release.

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #40 on: 14 Apr 2011 - 14:32 »

All production issues have now been resolved for the following title, so has now be rescheduled for release – details below

PRESS RELEASE: FACCIA A FACCIA, a film by Sergio SOLLIMA is to be released on DVD ONLY on 20 June 2011

- Long-awaited spaghetti western - a beloved classic of aficionados - never before released to an English speaking market on DVD
- Starring Italian legends Tomas Milian (Traffic, JFK) and Gian Maria Volonte (Le Cercle Rouge, A Fistful of Dollars)
- Directed by spaghetti western maestro Sergio Sollima (The Big Gundown, Run Man Run, Revolver, Violent City)
- Music by the legendary Ennio Morricone (The Good The Bad and the Ugly, Cinema Paradiso)
- Featuring English and Italian soundtracks, both fully subtitled

SYNOPSIS:

One of the best films from Italian genre master Sergio Sollima (The Big Gundown), Faccia a Faccia (Face to Face ) is a gangbusting western saga and a gripping parable of the rise of fascism. Upstanding history professor Brad Fletcher (played by the incomparable Gian Maria Volonte) is forced into retirement by his poor health and moves west for the warmer climate. Almost as soon as he arrives, however, he is taken hostage by famed bandit Solomon Bennett (the great Tomas Milian) in an accidental confrontation, and by necessity is forced to take up with his cohorts. But the learned man's growing identification with the gang encourages him to stage a takeover from Bennett, and a new crueller system of leadership is put into place.

Produced by Sergio Leone's longtime partner Alberto Grimaldi, featuring stunning Techniscope cinematography, and a pounding score by il maestro Ennio Morricone, this long-requested Italian western makes its first appearance on Blu-ray anywhere in the world from a beautiful high-definition master, with both English and Italian soundtracks. 

Faccia a Faccia (Face to Face ) is to be released as on DVD on 20 June 2011

- Original Italian audio with newly translated English subtitles,
- US & Italian Theatrical trailers,
- Interview with director Sergio Sollima, lavish 16 page booklet containing new essay by spaghetti western expert Howard Hughes

Label: Eureka Entertainment

Catalogue No: EKA40324
Barcode: 5060000403244
Release Date: 20 June 2011
Certificate: 12
Run Time: 92 min
Format:  2.35:1 OAR/ Colour
Genre: Spaghetti Western
Director: Sergio SOLLIMA
Year: 1967
Language: Italian
Subtitles: English (Optional)

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #41 on: 14 Apr 2011 - 14:34 »

DVD only now  :-[

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #42 on: 14 Apr 2011 - 14:37 »

DVD only now  :-[

I would imagine the material were too shitty for an HD release.

I'll check the reviews before I buy this - I'm interested most about the sound because, as I've mentioned before, the English audio on the Japanese disc is terrible. I'm sure this release is going to be leaps and bounds above the one from Japan.

R-T-C Tim

• Special Cop In Action
  • Rosalba Neri's personal trainer...
    • Mondo Esoterica
« Reply #43 on: 14 Apr 2011 - 19:41 »

Really want this, but a bit wary that they might announce a BR disc 3 months down the line.
Mondo Esoterica - Cult film and DVD reviews from Karl May to Bruno Mattei

Graham

• One Just Man
« Reply #44 on: 15 Apr 2011 - 04:32 »

The press release still mentions it receiving the first bluray release anywhere in the world. Probably a mistake. Shame, but at least it's coming out on DVD.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.236 seconds with 20 queries.