• 29 Feb 2020 - 06:57
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Game for Eveline / Un gioco per Eveline (Marcello Avallone, 1970)  (Read 3846 times)

quidtum

• One Just Man

Here's a pretty unusual and strange movie, which seems to belong to Lenzi's jet set thrillers genre while resembling locations à la "5 dolls for an August moon", but having a strong originality because it plays ambiguously on supernatural elements. It's a movie rather hard to be categorized, straddling drama and light eroticism, by a director who later will apply himself to horror (Maya, Spettri) with changing results. Infact this very decent work shows already some essential gothic atmospheres, imbued by moods having disturbing effects. The title is often misspelled, with the "y" letter in the place of the letter "i" onto the female name, making a mistake yet legitimated progressively by a plot [spoiler]which actually plays on a double identity of a little girl with such a name. After a car accident which constrains them to ask for hospitality into a close villa, Pierre and Natalie (Erna Schurer), as a young married couple, are ensnared into an ambiguous and sick ménage à quatre with the owners, Miou (Adriana Bogdan) and Philippe (Marco Guglielmi, also screenwriter of the movie), behind whose behaviours something terrific seems to hide[/spoiler]

JoseADiego

• Special Cop In Action

WOWWW. Hallucinating, I take years looking for it  ;) ;)

babybreese

• Special Cop In Action

Yes, I noticed this on a torrent site yesterday, and had never heard of it before.
Certainly looks like an interesting feature.  Hopefully soem fansubs will be coming along soon.

quidtum

• One Just Man

WOWWW. Hallucinating, I take years looking for it  ;) ;)

I thought you might have a copy: it was unexpectedly a nice surprise as a psyco-horror...
Hopefully soem fansubs will be coming along soon

...which fansubs will let you understand, as the final great quotation from Samuel Beckett suggests

"In such a confusion, somewhere, my thought, even itself far from the right point, hammers away at, and in its turn it's looking for me where I am not, it cannot calm down"

Snake Plissken

I've seen it a couple of days ago and it's a very fascinating movie. It's very psychological, and knowing a bit of psychoanalysis helped me greatly in understanding the movie fully, in particular the notion that, for some psychoanalytical schools, the child is the "incarnation" of the relationship between the two parents.
The movie is very melancholic and the great soundtrack adds a lot of atmosphere to it.
The ending is very appropriate, and it fits perfectly the Beckett's quote that appears at the end. 
If you have a chance to see it, definitively do it! you won't regret that decision. :)

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever

Here's a pretty unusual and strange movie, which seems to belong to Lenzi's jet set thrillers genre

That alone sounds like a good reason to seek it out in my book, as I can never get enough of those delightful pre-Argento gialli that were so popular in the late 1960s.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 34 queries.