• 19 Jan 2021 - 11:51
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Wicker Tree (Robin Hardy, 2010)  (Read 7248 times)

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
Re: The Wicker Tree (Robin Hardy, 2010)
« Reply #15 on: 21 Jan 2012 - 10:21 »

I finally caught up with this last night...

Lots of talent behind the camera - but sadly none in front of it.

:-\

I'm actually really looking forward to seeing it, just because of the bad reviews it's had.

...and it can't be any worse than the WICKER MAN remake.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #16 on: 21 Jan 2012 - 10:56 »

I finally caught up with this last night...

Lots of talent behind the camera - but sadly none in front of it.

:-\

I'm actually really looking forward to seeing it, just because of the bad reviews it's had.

...and it can't be any worse than the WICKER MAN remake.

My biggest gripe is that it feels too disjointed - you never really focus your attention on anyone - and why on earth a Texan pop star (turned Christian) would go from a stretch limo to knocking on people's doors in Scotland is beyond me... The humour falls flat - the dialogue is badly mixed meaning some parts are almost unintelligible - and the dialogue feels too forced, too often (almost like a badly dubbed Argento flick - but not quite that bad, to be fair)

In its defence - it does look great - the cinematography is (for the most part) quite stunning... but that's all I can say is good about it.

It left me scratching my head in the same way 'Battle Royale 2' did - You just wonder who gave the project the green light and then approved both the final script and, more importantly, the final edit. I guess some people have money to burn...

I really need to check out the Cage remake just to see how badly it fares in comparison... Heck it wouldn't take much to be better than this mess.
"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

Funktion

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #17 on: 22 Jan 2012 - 13:35 »

I never expected this to be on the same level as The Wicker Man, so when I finally watch it I will not even try to do so.

Even with all the bad reviews, I'm still looking forward to watch it, which personally I find a bit surprising (since nowadays I rarely get even remotely "excited" to watch an upcoming film).

Mark GW

« Reply #18 on: 22 Apr 2013 - 13:01 »

Oh dear.  This is truly dreadful.  Not even amusingly bad like the THE WICKER MAN re-make, just extremely tedious.  Not even worth watching for the brief Christopher Lee cameo.

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #19 on: 22 Apr 2013 - 13:48 »

Oh dear.  This is truly dreadful.  Not even amusingly bad like the THE WICKER MAN re-make, just extremely tedious.  Not even worth watching for the brief Christopher Lee cameo.

I watched most of it in fast forward.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook 
Letterboxd

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #20 on: 22 Apr 2013 - 13:49 »

Didn't even bother with it myself.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #21 on: 22 Apr 2013 - 20:23 »

I had to read my own post above to actually remember that I watched it, honestly.

God, that really was a shit film.

"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.