• 21 Oct 2017 - 03:12
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Cry of a Prostitute / Quelli che contano (Andrea Bianchi, 1974)  (Read 28174 times)

Fray G

I could have sworn I saw a thread for this but after a look discovered there was'nt one.

Anyway, I got a new dvd player in the post this morning and can finally watch this for the first time, i'm gonna put it on tonight after my missus goes to bed. I've been looking forward to seeing this for ages and will doubtless post a few thoughts on it over the next couple of days.

Few things excite me more than knowing i'm gonna see a new Bouchet movie 8)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Here's some screen grabs from the new Italian DVD...

You can't beat this shot of Bouchet sucking off that banana, teasing Henry like crazy! She's going to get it!

Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Fray G

Now i really can't wait to see this.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

It's a treat of a film Fray! If you dig Henry you'll love it, if you dig Barbara Bouchet... You'll love it! Which copy you got mate? The Italian DVD has no English options...  :)

Something I will remedy in the next few weeks  :D
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

How you getting on with the Violent Rome? :-\

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

I didn't finish the dub because I got a really cool subtitled version from Lefteris, I sent you a copy via Comp.  :-X

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

I didn't finish the dub because I got a really cool subtitled version from Lefteris, I sent you a copy via Comp.  :-X
cheers mate :-\

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Fray G

It's a treat of a film Fray! If you dig Henry you'll love it, if you dig Barbara Bouchet... You'll love it! Which copy you got mate? The Italian DVD has no English options...  :)

Don't know yet Jonny, it's of the grey market variety obviously. I hope it's not cut. I avoided that US boot you can get on Amazon cos I read that was cut, fingers crossed it's not a boot of that.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

Don't know yet Jonny, it's of the grey market variety obviously. I hope it's not cut. I avoided that US boot you can get on Amazon cos I read that was cut, fingers crossed it's not a boot of that.

It will be cut, the new Italian DVD is longer than any version I've come across before. If it has the title 'Cry of the Prostitute' and Joe Brenner in the titles it's the re-edited US version. Still a cracking film and you must watch it! The import version under the title 'The Ones Who Count' is also shorter than the Italian DVD so don't be put off watching it. It's a winner even in it's shortened version!

Fray G

I wish i'd known about Trash-Online when I was looking for this as I would have went there. What's their version like? I have some other stuff on order with them now.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
Re: Quelli che contano/Cry of a Prostitute(Andrea Bianchi,1974)
« Reply #10 on: 31 Jul 2007 - 23:27 »

I wish i'd known about Trash-Online when I was looking for this as I would have went there. What's their version like? I have some other stuff on order with them now.

Trash-Online is none other than our fellow board member vigilanteforce. Give him a shout, no problems at all. He'll point you in the right direction, if not give me a PM and I'm sure between the two of us we can help you out with any questions you might have.

vigilanteforce

« Reply #11 on: 31 Jul 2007 - 23:29 »

I am not going to be doing any shameless self-promotion on this (or any other) forum but since you mentioned it, we have upgraded to the Swedish print that Johny just mentioned. It is longer than the US cut!

I can't wait to see Johny's custom print! ::) Johny, you should use the English audio from my Swedish DVD-R and just subtitle the rest 4 minutes in English. Perhaps it would be less trouble.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #12 on: 01 Aug 2007 - 22:24 »

I can't wait to see Johny's custom print! ::)

I've done the first 30 minutes this afternoon, got a copy of the Finnish VHS this morning via Marc, should have the whole thing done by the weekend. You can be sure as shit that you guys on this forum will be first to be able to get a copy! I'll keep you all up to date.  :P

vigilanteforce

I'd really like to know what exactly was missing from the European and US versions. Apparently the Italian disc is 4 minutes longer than the Swedish tape which was the longest one before the DVD surfaced.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

I'd really like to know what exactly was missing from the European and US versions. Apparently the Italian disc is 4 minutes longer than the Swedish tape which was the longest one before the DVD surfaced.

So far it's all talky stuff that's missing, though there's a couple of shots of gore missing from the opening car crash sequence where the smuggler gets his head chopped off when he crashes his car at the beginning...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.561 seconds with 20 queries.