• 11 Dec 2017 - 08:15
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Cry of a Prostitute / Quelli che contano (Andrea Bianchi, 1974)  (Read 28762 times)

vigilanteforce

Sounds very interesting Sir! A contact of mine has a composite print in his list but I think I will just wait for your custom print!

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Sounds very interesting Sir! A contact of mine has a composite print in his list but I think I will just wait for your custom print!

Well so far my version has parts that are in Italian language only, hopefully I'll be able to subtitle those parts. The rest will be in English, the Italian only bits are very minor so it's not that big a deal.
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Fray G

There's a whole bunch of stuff at Trash-online i'm going to be getting over the next wee while, it's only since being here that i've known about vigilanteforce's cool list of stuff.

I watched Cry of a Prostitute last night(that was the title), man what a mean and distasteful movie this is. I loved it! Silva plays a fairly similar character to Lanzetta of Il Boss fame, only this time his motivation for playing warring mafia clans off each other is a "hatred for Americans who think they are Sicilians". He only takes time away from engineering the downfall of these families to abuse and debase the ex-whore wife of the American Don( a greaseball who gets his jollies from tales of his wife's past sexual encounters) played by Bouchet. Barbara really delivers on the sleaze in this, whether it's with pig's blood or milk or a banana she goes way further than any other movie i've seen her in before.
Henry is such a bad ass in this, he's equally proficient with a gun or his fists or his belt, and his delivery of the words "Motherfucker" and "Bitch" ar unsurpassed. I was only disappointed in him when he seemed to be going soft by helping the feud-divided lovers to escape but a deftly thrown knife soon put paid to that. There's a pleasing twist ending to the film which ties up the loose end of Silva's recurring flashbacks, overall I was well impressed and will need to seek out a longer and widescreen cut of this.

vigilanteforce

You forgot to mention the steamroller scene Fray!!!

Fray G

Henry runs over hoods in a steamroller!!!! :P

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

...overall I was well impressed and will need to seek out a longer and widescreen cut of this.

Won't be long now Fray...  :D
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Fray G

...overall I was well impressed and will need to seek out a longer and widescreen cut of this.

Won't be long now Fray...  :D

::)  :P

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

Have you seen Mart85's 'Motherfucker' video on youtube?

It's a treat! "Clean my shoes!"

Fray G

I'll check it out on broadband tomorrow, using dial-up at the mo.

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

Have you seen Mart85's 'Motherfucker' video on youtube?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lv9ZCOwP9g

It's a treat! "Clean my shoes!"

I saw this a while ago - didn't you have it on your MySpace page? It's fucking great - or should that be motherfucking great?
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

I found a great scene in the Italian DVD this afternoon whilst carrying on with the dubbing project, this scene isn't in any of the versions I have...

It's after the big shootout in the woodworking shed, the nutso woman who looks after her crippled kid picks up one of the dead bodies and proceeds to band saw his head down the middle!!!

vigilanteforce

Wow!!! That is not a big surprise considering that Bianchi went on to make NIGHTS OF TERROR where that kid bites off his mother's nipple! Did you notice director Mario Landi (GIALLO A VENEZIA) in a mafioso's role?

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

Did you notice director Mario Landi (GIALLO A VENEZIA) in a mafioso's role?

I've no idea what he looks like mate so no I didn't spot him.

vigilanteforce

The bearded guy whose son gets in a fight with Henry!

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

The bearded guy whose son gets in a fight with Henry!

You mean this guy? Is this Mario?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.269 seconds with 21 queries.