• 19 Jun 2019 - 20:06
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Door into Silence / Le porte del silenzio (Lucio Fulci 1991)  (Read 2286 times)

R-T-C Tim

• Special Cop In Action
  • Rosalba Neri's personal trainer...
    • Mondo Esoterica

Produced by Joe D'Amato, this small horror film was to be Lucio Fulci's last and so it has earned a curious fascination among Fulci fans. It is now available on a nice R1 DVD from Severin and is sadly likely to disappoint most fans of the director as it is completely free of gore (or sex, a surprise considering the producer), instead playing out like an over-long Twilight Zone story.

There are some interesting ideas there and it is never a 'bad' movie, it just lacks anything to make it good.

Door into Silence - freshly reviewed.
Mondo Esoterica - Cult film and DVD reviews from Karl May to Bruno Mattei

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

For anyone interested (and why would you be), the Severin disc is a PAL-NTSC conversion (which is strange since most of their recent stuff has been properly transferred).  It does not use the same master as the Raro disc; well, if it does, it at least replaces the opening credits as the Severin disc has English credits which cite the editor as Filmirage regualar Kathleen Stratton (the Italian credits Rosanna Landi), costume designer as actress Laura Gemser (who is credited under her Filmirage pseudonym Laurette Gemser in the Italian version), production designer Massimo Lentini as Max Slowing, the writer as Jerry Madison and the director as H. Simon Kittay (the Italian print credits Fulci with both of these roles). 

Both prints begin with "A Filmirage Production" before the pre-credits sequence and the credits then have "Filmirage presents" ("La Filmirage presenta" on the Raro) before the title and "A Filmirage production" ("una produzione Filmirage" on Raro) before the director's credit.

For US readers, I would say rent the Netflix disc if you want to see it.  Overseas, the Raro disc is probably cheaper to buy and ship than the Severin disc and is better looking.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

I've got the old Japanese dvd that came in a cd style box.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Snake Plissken

This movie isn't exactly a masterpiece, but has an interesting story behind it.
This movie was originally though as a short tale and it's present in the "le lune nere" (the black moons) short tales book written by Mr. Fulci himself. I have it and it's an interesting read.  ::)
Fulci wrote another book which consisted in a mix between personal memories and short tales, named "miei mostri adorati" (my beloved monsters) but i never managed to find a copy. It's very, very rare, sadly :(

R-T-C Tim

• Special Cop In Action
  • Rosalba Neri's personal trainer...
    • Mondo Esoterica

This movie isn't exactly a masterpiece, but has an interesting story behind it.
This movie was originally though as a short tale and it's present in the "le lune nere" (the black moons) short tales book written by Mr. Fulci himself. I have it and it's an interesting read. 

Interesting. Does the short story contain the scenes such as Melvin ending up in court, or were they simply padding for the film?
Mondo Esoterica - Cult film and DVD reviews from Karl May to Bruno Mattei

Snake Plissken

I must read it again, but i'm pretty sure that the court scene isn't in the novel.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 35 queries.