• 20 Jun 2019 - 16:26
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crescendo (Alan Gibson, 1969)  (Read 2536 times)

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
Crescendo (Alan Gibson, 1969)
« on: 08 Feb 2011 - 16:52 »

I watched [amazondvd]Crescendo[/amazondvd] this afternoon and thought it was pretty good, took a while to get going but after some time I was transfixed to the screen wondering what was going to happen next.

I initially turned my nose up at these Warner Archive releases and dismissed them as shelling out for dvd-r's but end of the day it's the only way to get some of these obscure titles and the ones I've seen so far the prints are pretty good.

I don't know what's different about this release as it says on the back that it is the "unedited international version" but it does say on the imdb it was originally given an R rating then changed to a PG so it could reach a wider audience.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Stephen Grimes

Re: Crescendo (Alan Gibson, 1969)
« Reply #1 on: 08 Feb 2011 - 17:03 »

I initially turned my nose up at these Warner Archive releases and dismissed them as shelling out for dvd-r's but end of the day it's the only way to get some of these obscure titles and the ones I've seen so far the prints are pretty good.
One of the dealers at last weeks Camden film fair had hundreds of these archive titles for sale at £22 each.If i'd have known this had been released i'd have bought a copy,would've made a nice upgrade from my old vhs copy.

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #2 on: 08 Feb 2011 - 18:38 »

One of the dealers at last weeks Camden film fair had hundreds of these archive titles for sale at £22 each.If i'd have known this had been released i'd have bought a copy,would've made a nice upgrade from my old vhs copy.

That's a lot pricier that what Aarron's been paying, Stephen.

I've got this disc but have yet to watch it. Not seen the film since seing it on TV as a kid in the 1980s. I think it was screened on ITV and was early hours of the morning. My parents tapedit and we watched it the next evening.

"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #3 on: 08 Feb 2011 - 19:09 »

That's a lot pricier that what Aarron's been paying, Stephen.

Dearest I've paid is £18 for one and the lowest just under £14.

There's too many sharks selling these Warner Archive discs for ridiculous prices because they are strictly U.S. only.

Best to compare Amazon and Ebay as they can fluctuate on both (unless you live in the U.S. of course, then you can get them straight from Warner  :D)

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Spaghetti Hero

« Reply #4 on: 09 Feb 2011 - 09:06 »

There's too many sharks selling these Warner Archive discs for ridiculous prices because they are strictly U.S. only.

Crescendo can be picked up easily it seems from among others, dvdpacific at just under $14:

http://dvdpacific.directtoustore.com/Movies/Movie.aspx?prodid=WARA12713DVD&From=GlobalSearch&search=crescendo&st=Movies

Axel is also selling the releases. So no need to go to the sharks it seems :)

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #5 on: 09 Feb 2011 - 16:43 »

Crescendo can be picked up easily it seems from among others, dvdpacific at just under $14:

http://dvdpacific.directtoustore.com/Movies/Movie.aspx?prodid=WARA12713DVD&From=GlobalSearch&search=crescendo&st=Movies

Axel is also selling the releases. So no need to go to the sharks it seems Smiley

Thanks for the heads up, I have been trying to buy a number of Warner Archive releases but the inflated prices have been putting me up.  I had managed to locate some on eBay and Amazon but had no idea that Axel and DVD Pacific were selling them.

:P

gnorthcott

« Reply #6 on: 10 Feb 2011 - 15:06 »

If anybody is interested i just picked this up for £12.28 with free delivery from moviemmars uk on ebay,i also snagged wild wild planet a few weeks ago for £12 also.It seems quite fair compared to some of the other sharks selling these.They dont have every title in the set but they have a few at this price.

R-T-C Tim

• Special Cop In Action
  • Rosalba Neri's personal trainer...
    • Mondo Esoterica
« Reply #7 on: 10 Feb 2011 - 17:46 »

From the Amazon US marketplace, "deep_discount_dvd_cd" will ship to the UK. Took exactly a month, but it arrived in my mailbox today. Cost about £16 in total with postage.
Mondo Esoterica - Cult film and DVD reviews from Karl May to Bruno Mattei
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 34 queries.