• 13 Aug 2022 - 08:55
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Night of the Werewolf / El Retorno del Hombre Lobo (Jacinto Molina Alvarez,1980)  (Read 8646 times)

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

This film and CURSE OF THE DEVIL are the best photographed of Naschy's films I've seen.

Dr Seward

I found Curse of the Devil ever so dull!! Still haven't manged to watch it all the way through without wanting to do something else... found the attack scenes to be far too tame, he doesn't even make a growling sound!
For me, Werewolf Shadow and The Werewolf and the Yeti are the most original and enjoyable of the Hombre Lobo series I've seen so far.
Still need to see Night of the Werewolf yet.

IL COMMISSARIO

For me, Werewolf Shadow and The Werewolf and the Yeti are the most original and enjoyable of the Hombre Lobo series I've seen so far.
Still need to see Night of the Werewolf yet.

I agree although I hear BEAST & THE MAGIC SWORD (1983) is rather enjoyable, too.

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

CURSE isn't terribly exciting but its the best shot of the films Francisco Sanchez shot with Naschy (with some nice tracking shots, compositions, and colors) and the locations are attractive.

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

Here's the DVD comparison I did between the Spanish and American DVDs of NIGHT OF THE WEREWOLF when it first came out:
http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDReviews30/night_of_the_werewolf.htm

I picked some images that I thought showed off Alejandro Ulloa's photography rather well.

And here's CURSE OF THE DEVIL (shot by Francisco Sanchez)
http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDReviews38/curse_of_the_devil.htm

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

Night of the Werewolf

I watched the Blu Ray this afternoon, I don't know what people are crying about, I thought the transfer was pretty good.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

R-T-C Tim

• Special Cop In Action
  • Rosalba Neri's personal trainer...
    • Mondo Esoterica

I held off buying these for a while until they suddenly started going out of stock everywhere, spent ages tracking down 'Night of the Werewolf', must have had it on order from four different retailers before a copy finally shipped, from some small Canadian online store if I remember. Never had a chance to pick up the BR disc, but the SD has a more than adequate print.

As for the film, I really enjoyed it - although the storyline is based on 'Werewolf Shadow' it is different enough to be interesting and visually the film is a real gothic treat - my full review Night of the Werewolf (plus check out my recently finished 3000 word Paul Naschy bio linked from that page).
Mondo Esoterica - Cult film and DVD reviews from Karl May to Bruno Mattei

HBK

• Almost Human

Great review, I'm going to watch this tonight. Really looking forward to this on BD!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 21 queries.