• 05 Mar 2021 - 00:17
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Man Who Haunted Himself (Basil Dearden, 1970)  (Read 8026 times)

gnorthcott

Re: The Man Who Haunted Himself (Basil Dearden, 1970)
« Reply #15 on: 08 Feb 2013 - 11:10 »

I read that these new network/studio canal releases will come in those narrow 7mm??? cases, not a big deal i know but a bit tight, no?

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #16 on: 08 Feb 2013 - 11:15 »

I read that these new network/studio canal releases will come in those narrow 7mm??? cases, not a big deal i know but a bit tight, no?
Yeah, Network claim it's to make space to fit more in your collection  :-\

I prefer the slimline Blu Ray U.S. style packaging compared to the wider ones but with DVD's prefer the regular size boxes.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

the blob

• Violent Professional
« Reply #17 on: 08 Feb 2013 - 12:18 »

I prefer the slimline Blu Ray U.S. style packaging compared to the wider ones but with DVD's prefer the regular size boxes.

Me too. It's not like there's any paper in most of them. As I was living over there when I started buying them it felt weird getting these chunky U.K. cases. I did hear that it had something to do with shop racks and not having to change them to fit a smaller size but my HMV just has them all stacked sideways on shelves now anyway.

the blob

• Violent Professional
« Reply #18 on: 05 Apr 2013 - 13:37 »

Interesting news from Network.

But that’s not all – we have news concerning Roger Moore-starrer The Man Who Haunted Himself too. During HD transfer for its Blu-ray debut Restoration Colourist Jonathan Wood discovered an additional scene that had not been included in previous DVD releases (though it was present in its original theatrical run and television screenings). Needless to say that this scene has now been reinstated and the film will be released on Blu-ray complete and uncut.

Also unearthed during this process was the discrete music soundtrack for the film, which will be included on the release as a music suite.

http://networkonair.com/features/2013/03/21/the-british-film-news-update/

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #19 on: 27 Jun 2013 - 10:53 »

Yeah, Network claim it's to make space to fit more in your collection  :-\

Watched it yesterday, really enjoyed it, it's a beautiful looking transfer too. I thought they were only releasing the DVD's in them slimline boxes, didn't realise they were going to do it with the Blu Ray/DVD combo's too!

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #20 on: 27 Jun 2013 - 10:55 »

I have the ABUS DVD and really like the film but it's unlikely that'll I'll bother upgrading.

How's the quality of the transfer?
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #21 on: 27 Jun 2013 - 11:06 »

I have the ABUS DVD and really like the film but it's unlikely that'll I'll bother upgrading.

Watched it yesterday, really enjoyed it, it's a beautiful looking transfer too.

:D

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #22 on: 27 Jun 2013 - 11:15 »

But what's it really like?  :-\ :-*
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #23 on: 27 Jun 2013 - 11:31 »

But what's it really like?  :-\ :-*
Can't say much more than that can I. It looks absolutely stunning, upgrade or don't upgrade, up to you. I'm not enough of a cunt to delve into bit rates and stuff.

Funktion

• Violent Professional
« Reply #24 on: 28 Jun 2013 - 22:33 »

Watched it yesterday, really enjoyed it, it's a beautiful looking transfer too. I thought they were only releasing the DVD's in them slimline boxes, didn't realise they were going to do it with the Blu Ray/DVD combo's too!
Still waiting for my copy from Network's store, but you are right: they are using these thin DVD cases for their Dual Format releases. My copy of Perfect Friday is also in one of those cases. I would rather prefer they used a BD case, these cases are thin and damage easily, and are bigger than BD cases.

Like I said I'm still waiting for my copy, but the reviews I've seen all mention the transfer is very impressive. For example, it got a 9 in 10 at the The Digital Fix website:
http://film.thedigitalfix.com/content/id/76679/the-man-who-haunted-himself.html
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.