• 23 Jan 2021 - 06:11
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The Woman in Black (James Watkins, 2012)  (Read 6658 times)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Mark (UK)

• Special Cop In Action
Re: The Woman in Black (James Watkins, 2012)
« Reply #1 on: 12 Apr 2011 - 06:35 »

If it's half as good as the '89 version it'll be a cracker, I still get chills thinking about "that" scene.  :-\

broonage

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • j'aime tous les dvds.
« Reply #2 on: 12 Apr 2011 - 08:16 »

Not familiar with the original. Looks intriguing.
Dig that groove baby.

drmiaow

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #3 on: 12 Apr 2011 - 21:19 »

I love the original. Fingers-crossed they don't wreck it.

MarcMorris

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films
« Reply #4 on: 13 Apr 2011 - 14:41 »

The "original" has always been the stage play:

http://www.thewomaninblack.com/
Nucleus Films – Movie Releasing/Extras Production/Disc Authoring

drmiaow

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #5 on: 13 Apr 2011 - 21:29 »

I meant the original film (or rather, TV adaptation). I know about the play but I've never seen it.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

gnorthcott

« Reply #7 on: 11 Feb 2012 - 21:58 »

Just come back from the cinema,and for a 12a this is a scary little film.It starts off as more as a mood piece and builds plenty of tension before it really comes into its own.I was not familiar with the play or the story beforehand so that probably helped.anybody else seen it yet?

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #8 on: 12 Feb 2012 - 08:52 »

My eldest daughter went to see it yesterday and said it was really scary, she was only telling me earlier in the week how nothing scares her...

I'm going to give it a watch tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing it.

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #9 on: 08 Mar 2012 - 19:40 »

Took the mother-in-law to see this this afternoon - my first trip to the cinema in almost a year!

I really liked the film. It's very atmospheric, brilliantly edited and beautifully shot. Acting is very good (particularly Radcliffe) too. Not the instant classic I was hoping but certainly the best of the new Hammer films and a good, solid 8/10.

It's a creepy film too - there are some great jolts and a menacing undercurrent throughout most of the film. There were a couple of young girls sat a few seats away from me who thought it was a lot more frightening than I did though - when, at about half way through, one decided to go to the toilet, the other pleaded to allow her to come to because she didn't want to be left in her seat alone! When the film was over they were stood outside the cinema smoking and were well past their mid-20s! Hilarious.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #10 on: 24 Apr 2012 - 12:00 »

News regarding the US DVD and Blu-ray releases is now on the blog:

Those (silly people) who boycotted the UK theatrical release of James Watkins’s atmospheric chiller THE WOMAN IN BLACK rejoice, the uncut version of the film is due for release on DVD and Blu-ray from Sony Pictures in the US this coming may.

The film was subject to 6 seconds of cuts in order to secure a family-friendly 12A rating in the UK and it looks like Momentum is issuing the same cut print for release on its home video platforms when it bows in June. Details of the cuts (courtesy of the BBFC website) are as follows:

This work was cut. The cut(s) were made at the request of the distributor to achieve a particular category. To obtain this category cuts of 0m 6s were required. Details of cuts below may contain spoilers of plot details.

Distributor chose to reduce moments of strong violence / horror in order to achieve a ’12A’ classification. Cuts made in line with BBFC Guidelines and policy. A ’15′ classification without cuts was available.

http://www.lovelockandload.net/blog/wordpress/?p=168
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #11 on: 24 Apr 2012 - 12:07 »

You'd think they'd do one of them releases with a cut DVD at 12 and uncut Blu Ray at 15 wouldn't you.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #12 on: 24 Apr 2012 - 12:36 »

You'd think they'd do one of them releases with a cut DVD at 12 and uncut Blu Ray at 15 wouldn't you.

It has yet to be confirmed but the ads I've seen for the UK release have 12 certs on the cover. It could be that the Blu-ray may still get an uncut 15. I hope so, I'd prefer a UK release to be honest.

the blob

• Violent Professional
« Reply #13 on: 24 Apr 2012 - 13:24 »

I've been waiting for this so I hope I don't have to import. Missed it at the cinema but the Mrs saw it with a friend and loved it.

I don't get it personally when it comes to home video. Do many 12 year-olds and under buy DVD's? Do that many parents honestly regulate what their kids watch to the degree of 15 or 12? By around 12 I was pretty much allowed to watch whatever I wanted. Nudity wasn't even that big of an issue either with all the 70's Hammers. It wasn't exactly uncommon to see some T & A on The Sweeney or something else back then after all.

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #14 on: 24 Apr 2012 - 13:31 »

The best thing for Momentum to do would be to issue the cut version on DVD as a 12 and then have an uncut Blu-ray. Lionsgate did this for The Expendables.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.