• 05 Mar 2021 - 00:32
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cigarette Burns  (Read 3937 times)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Cigarette Burns
« on: 11 Apr 2011 - 19:49 »

- SHOGUN ASSASSIN -
- 16th April 11.30 at the Rio Cinema in Dalston -

From the troubled times of 16th century Japan, Cigarette Burns Cinema brings you none other than the previously banned SHOGUN ASSASSIN.
Our story follows a father and son team as they slice and dice their way through a tale full of vengeance, martial arts sword play and fountains of blood. Upon release in 1983, the Home Office was appalled by the violence and promptly rejected this, now classic film.
Shogun Assassin was created for the Western market. Taking Lone Wolf and Cub: Sword of Vengeance along with the sequel Baby Cart at the River Styx, Academy Award winning director Robert Houston recut the two films into one. With extra care he employed deaf mutes to interpret what the actors were saying, rewrote the script and hired Sandra Bernhard and Lamont Johnson to do the dubbing. Ultimately, this care and attention paid off, making Shogun Assassin one of the most well known and well loved of all the Japanese Samurai films of the 70s.

We are now making exclusive limited shirts for each film we screen at the Rio Cinema, our Ms. 45 shirt has proved to be a massive hit and we are sure that you will love this month's as well. Black and white discharge ink on a red shirt capturing the spirit of this iconic film. Available on the night, and if they aren't sold out... online. But we're only making 30 of them.

Dee Dee's Vault of Vintage will be making a return to spruce the place up a bit and fresh from Record Store Day at Flashback Records, Graham Murphy will be spinning an all Japanese set, of course the bar will remain open throughout the film and after. All for a measly £7.50.

The Rio Cinema is stupid easy to get to and from-
Buses, 38, 56, 67, 76, 243, 242, 149, plus East London Line to Dalston Junction and the Overground to Dalston Kingsland all drop you off at the Rio's doorstep and plenty of night buses back.

Next month we are proud to be hosting what may very well be the very first screening of Who Can Kill A Child in the UK. I say may, because I can't seem to find any other reference to it ever screening here.

Facebook event page for Shogun Assassin:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=104214369664546

Pre Book tickets:
http://www.riocinemaonline.org.uk/OscarWebServer.dll/TSelectItems.waSelectItemsPrompt.TcsWebMenuItem_1015466.TcsWebTab_1015507.TcsPerformance_2580591

www.cigaretteburnscinema.com

Bringing you the finest in cinematic diversions at the lovely little back street boozer known as The Mucky Pup and the wonderful Rio Cinema in Dalston

Cigarette Burns Cinema
Cigarette Burns Cinema on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
Re: Cigarette Burns
« Reply #1 on: 11 Apr 2011 - 20:01 »

Next month we are proud to be hosting what may very well be the very first screening of Who Can Kill A Child in the UK. I say may, because I can't seem to find any other reference to it ever screening here.

It was certified in 1976 under the title DEATH IS CHILD'S PLAY.

And what the hell is this guff? :- "Upon release in 1983, the Home Office was appalled by the violence and promptly rejected this, now classic film."
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook 
Letterboxd

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #2 on: 11 Apr 2011 - 20:18 »

And what the hell is this guff? :- "Upon release in 1983, the Home Office was appalled by the violence and promptly rejected this, now classic film."

The video got banned for a while but the decision overturned if I remember rightly?

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #3 on: 11 Apr 2011 - 20:37 »

It was never on any of the official lists,  but did get seized. But that wasn't what I was moaning about. "the Home Office was appalled by the violence and promptly rejected this". What?

Facebook 
Letterboxd

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
Re: Re: Re: Cigarette Burns
« Reply #4 on: 11 Apr 2011 - 20:54 »

It was certified in 1976 under the title DEATH IS CHILD'S PLAY.

Do we know if it had a theatrical release Rich?

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #5 on: 12 Apr 2011 - 05:01 »

I've never seen a poster for it, but I'm fairly sure it did.

Facebook 
Letterboxd

Upstart

« Reply #6 on: 25 Apr 2011 - 09:51 »

I've never seen a poster for it, but I'm fairly sure it did.

I ran into someone who saw Who Can Kill as a double bill in Birmingham in the late 70's, so that has settled that. He did however say it was, obviously the cut version.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #7 on: 25 Apr 2011 - 09:53 »

I ran into someone who saw Who Can Kill as a double bill in Birmingham in the late 70's, so that has settled that. He did however say it was, obviously the cut version.

Nice to see you here sir! How did the SHOGUN ASSASSIN screening go?

Upstart

« Reply #8 on: 25 Apr 2011 - 21:00 »

Nice to see you here sir! How did the SHOGUN ASSASSIN screening go?

I try to limit my forums, they can get out of hand, if your not careful.  But I felt it was important to own up to my mistake  :)   
Yeah! SA was a screamer! great to see so many people out and enjoying themselves.
Now... I'm off to wander around here for a bit....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.