• 21 Nov 2017 - 05:19
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: FilmArt (Germany)  (Read 28045 times)

unsociable

Re: FilmArt (Germany)
« Reply #15 on: 17 Mar 2012 - 21:20 »

OT Could anyone from Germany explain the procedure for age verification at Ofdb.de for unrated and FSK18 titles? Thanks.
this may be a little tricky...

the verification is done via certified mail. after creating an account at OFDb.de you have to access your personal settings where you have to then "buy" (it doesn't cost anything, as far as I remember) an item called "Einschreiben". subsequently you should send them a copy/scan of your passport or of some other sort of ID (I think this could be done via e-mail) whereupon they will send a letter containing your activation code to the adress stated there. now you'll just have to sign for the letter and there you go.

wayne

• One Just Man
  • His easiness

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #17 on: 22 Apr 2012 - 12:16 »

Time for a little promotion here...

I got involved with FilmArt late last year via Mike Malloy who kindly recommended my services to them - I worked on the English subs for 'Il Re Della Mala' but, sadly, the Italian licensors wouldn't let them use them so they were used to translate from English>German only (basically for their own internal use) They did try...

I should add that the first disc does, as has been mentioned already, contain the English dub track so fans of wonky dubbing have no reason to avoid it! Personally, it's the speedboat stuff at the end that's the real killer... Seriously, those guys are completely insane!

Anyway, the next two films I've been working on are 'The Cynic, The Rat and the Fist' and 'La Banda del Gobbo' (Brothers Till We Die) - Initially the extras were two interviews with Sal Borghese and Henry Silva and a text essay by Umberto Lenzi... Giving it some thought (and checking the opening credits when I started work on them...) I noticed Franco Micalizzi did the soundtracks for both films... As luck would have it, Franco's son Cristiano plays in my cousin's band so I got in contact with him and recorded an interview for FilmArt:

Franco Micalizzi chilling in his home studio:

The full interview was almost three hours long but I've chopped it down to about 60 minutes, aiming to keep it focussed on him, his music, and working with Umberto Lenzi.

Next up: Given that they were already in contact with Umberto Lenzi, I suggested recording a video interview with him - and that happened about a week ago... I have to be honest, he's a great guy but he was also very demanding at first... I also got the impression he was expecting us to turn up, ask a couple of questions and leave. But that isn't what happened: I did my research (for once!) and turned up with a stack of questions and came away with an almost three hour long 'career' interview... By all accounts, his first - and he did seem quite happy/surprised at the end of it! Of course, it's going to be edited down heavily but expect the guts of the interview on the discs...

Now, I have no idea which interviews are going on which discs, etc - or what shape they'll finally appear in but it's looking promising that both will be extensive.

Umberto Lenzi telling us what questions to ask, and how to ask em!

(Thankfully he eased up after a short while...)

There's still a lot of work for me to do here; The Micalizzi interview is just about ready to send over, and the Lenzi text essay has been translated - This week I'll be chipping away at the Lenzi interview...

I'd also like to thank Mike Malloy and Sebastian (at FilmArt) for making all this possible - Cheers!  :P

"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #18 on: 22 Apr 2012 - 12:20 »

Amazing! Great to hear you've been busy!

Interviewing Micalizzi and Lenzi!  ;)
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
FilmArt (Germany)
« Reply #19 on: 22 Apr 2012 - 13:19 »

That's incredible news!
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato
FilmArt (Germany)
« Reply #20 on: 22 Apr 2012 - 17:32 »

Sounds great, hope they are treating you better than other company did.

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #21 on: 23 Apr 2012 - 07:48 »

I've taken the libery of adding this news to the blog.

http://www.lovelockandload.net/blog/wordpress/
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Robert W

« Reply #22 on: 23 Apr 2012 - 22:24 »

Incredible news. Thanks for giving Lenzi a chance to talk about his career.

KommissarX

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #23 on: 24 Apr 2012 - 00:04 »

Fantastic news, DjangoLi! Can't wait to watch these interviews.  ::)

It's great to hear you had such a fruitful interview with Lenzi. Since you mentioned he was quite demanding at first: Judging from this short outtake from an older interview session, he can become quite tense, indeed. The accompanying text says it's about him not wanting to appear in the video alongside other actors from CANNIBAL FEROX. Maybe you can fill us in on what is going on here?
http://gompix.net/2008/11/27/world-exclusive-lenzi-on-the-verge/
Please mind you, I love Lenzi and I certainly don't want to cast him in an unfavourable light. I just see him as a very strong-willed personality who is truly passionate about his work and career.

Looking forward to the upcoming releases!
Crudox cruo!

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #24 on: 24 Apr 2012 - 15:18 »

Fantastic news, DjangoLi! Can't wait to watch these interviews.  ::)

It's great to hear you had such a fruitful interview with Lenzi. Since you mentioned he was quite demanding at first: Judging from this short outtake from an older interview session, he can become quite tense, indeed. The accompanying text says it's about him not wanting to appear in the video alongside other actors from CANNIBAL FEROX. Maybe you can fill us in on what is going on here?
http://gompix.net/2008/11/27/world-exclusive-lenzi-on-the-verge/
Please mind you, I love Lenzi and I certainly don't want to cast him in an unfavourable light. I just see him as a very strong-willed personality who is truly passionate about his work and career.

Looking forward to the upcoming releases!

Before interviewing him Franco Micalizzi warned us not to talk about anyone else - Truth is, he liked to talk about other actors, but only if he liked them! If he didn't he would get angry and call them everything under the sun... He's certainly someone who speaks his mind.

The fatal error in that clip you posted : We learned (after about ten seconds...) that HE was going to tell us where to position the camera. In that clip you posted the interviewer seems to have his own ideas about where to put it and you can hear Lenzi getting furious about that. The camera had to be exactly where he wanted it...

Honestly, for the first fifteen minutes my wife and I were just thinking "What the fuck is going to happen next? Is he going to kick us out before we even start?!"

My first thought was that it comes from his experience as a director - In order to bring a film in on time he has to appear to be tough, and assert his power over just about everyone... I think that's what we're seeing here. He was the same with us, definitely.

Still, once you broke through the tough as nails exterior, which wasn't long - he was very easy to talk to - the complete opposite of how he first appeared (which was a blessing and a relief!)

"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #25 on: 24 Apr 2012 - 15:39 »

And panic over! (for me at least!)

Noticing the lack of subs on the Italian version of 'Il Re Della Mala' (on the second disc) - I got a bit worried last night, thinking 'maybe' they were going to use my subs as a guide to translate from English > German for these two discs as well...

I emailed Sebastian at FilmArt last night and he just replied:

"Hello Anthony!

Yes, both DVDs will contain english subs and the english dubbing ;-)"

Phew!

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Re: Re: FilmArt (Germany)
« Reply #26 on: 24 Apr 2012 - 16:31 »

And panic over! (for me at least!)

Noticing the lack of subs on the Italian version of 'Il Re Della Mala' (on the second disc) - I got a bit worried last night, thinking 'maybe' they were going to use my subs as a guide to translate from English > German for these two discs as well...

I emailed Sebastian at FilmArt last night and he just replied:

"Hello Anthony!

Yes, both DVDs will contain english subs and the english dubbing ;-)"

Phew!

Awesome news! Cheers for letting us know!
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

KommissarX

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #27 on: 24 Apr 2012 - 19:09 »

Thanks for clarifying, DjangoLi! Seems quite like an adventure to interview Lenzi.  :-\
Crudox cruo!

Bogan The Wanderer

« Reply #28 on: 25 Apr 2012 - 08:25 »

Great work DjangoLi!   ;)  These look like top discs.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
FilmArt (Germany)
« Reply #29 on: 25 Apr 2012 - 10:44 »

Can't wait for these releases. Let's hope they sell well and they release some more English friendly crime films.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.492 seconds with 20 queries.