• 15 Dec 2018 - 09:29
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Corruption in the Halls of Justice/Corruzione al Palazzo di Giustizia  (Read 3343 times)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Also know as 'The Smiling Maniacs'.

Due out for the first time on CD at the end of August.

From the Fin de Siecle website...

Fin de Siècle Media proudly present the CD premiere of Pino Donaggio's score for CORRUZIONE AL PALAZZO DI GIUSTIZIA (CORRUPTION IN THE HALLS OF JUSTICE, SMILING MANIACS), an intense tale of corruption made in 1974 starring Franco Nero and directed by Marcello Aliprandi. Donaggio’s score is in places a fairly low key work that relies on taught and suspense-filled cues which match the mood and atmosphere of the motion picture perfectly. But there is also a melodic, poignant and delicate side to the score which manifests itself during the soundtrack in varying guises and instrumentations. Donaggio, perhaps best known for DON'T LOOK NOW and CARRIE, has composed an admirable score that not only suits the motion picture for which it was written, but also manages to remain an entertaining work away from the images for which it was intended - a true work of originality and merit. Originally released on vinyl by Carosello Records in 1975, it's an extremely rare album which finally will be available again - carefully restored from the LP master and presented in a 6-page digipak with original artwork, film stills and liner notes by John Mansell. 16 tracks.

More info HERE
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

I'm having that!!!!!!!!! ::)

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Stephen Grimes

NoShame USA were/are supposed to be releasing this,remember seeeing it on their future releases page awhile back.
Anyone seen the American tape on Super Video?

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

I used to have Syndicate Sadists & Blood on the streets on super video but ive never seen a Smiling Maniacs.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Stephen Grimes

I used to have Syndicate Sadists & Blood on the streets on super video but ive never seen a Smiling Maniacs.
I have BLOOD ON THE STREETS and TERROR OF FRANKENSTEIN on Super Video back in the attic in Tooting but never got MANIACS,i think Ian Richardson(Sabre 210) might have one though.I'm sure i saw it in his video room lat time i was at his house,great cover on it as well.

fdsmedia

1/2 of the staff at the pressing plant are on vacation at the moment, so fingers crossed that this CD will arrive in time for the official release date August 31. The recordings we received were unfortunately in quite bad shape but I think we managed to remove most of the anomalies during the restoration process. Next up is one of the most challenging giallo soundtracks ever made... uneasy listening indeed.

fdsmedia

Due to numerous delays this CD will be in stock September 14.

fdsmedia

FINALLY in stock!!  :P

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

FINALLY in stock!!  :P

Great stuff! I'll be ordering next payday.  :'(
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

fdsmedia

Here's a review from buysoundtrax.com:

Sweden’s Fin de Siècle Music has released the first ever CD release of one of Pino Donaggio’s rarest soundtrack LPs, Corruzione al Palazzo di Giustizia (Corruption in the Halls of Justice), a cynical Italian crime thriller from 1974 that starred Franco Nero.  The label presents the CD in a 6-page digipak with original artwork, film stills, and liner notes by John Mansell.  The music, Donaggio’s second film score, composed after Don’t Look Now and just before Carrie and the composer’s productive foray into horror scoring, is expressively melodic, laying down a low-key atmosphere while also supporting the film’s suspenseful moments in a way that suggests the brilliant suspense music the composer would apply to scores like Piranha, The Howling, and Dressed to Kill.  Corruzione’s main theme is a lovely piano-based melody, supported often by strings and acoustic guitar, which is nicely varied throughout the score.  A secondary motif, “Gioia,” is a brash and provocative dance-hall melody beautifully arranged for honky-tonk piano, clarinet, and tuba.  “Eccellenza” is a rich, classical-sounding composition heavy on low strings.  This soundtrack’s release on CD fills a big gap in available Donaggio recordings and is very welcome.

sadystyk

NoShame USA were/are supposed to be releasing this,remember seeeing it on their future releases page awhile back.
I think I have a DVDR of this, video has a real nice cover of two guys attacking a woman.

fdsmedia

Quote from: sadystyk link=topic=462.msg12487#msg12487
I think I have a DVDR of this, video has a real nice cover of two guys attacking a woman.

Would you be interested in trading for a copy of one of my latest fandubs Poliziotti violenti or Milano... difendersi o morire?  :-X

sadystyk

Quote from: sadystyk link=topic=462.msg12487#msg12487
[/quote

Would you be interested in trading for a copy of one of my latest fandubs Poliziotti violenti or Milano... difendersi o morire?  :-X
I've defo got a dvd r but I haven't got a cover, I know someone who has the video. If you want a copy I'll happily swop you one for Milano...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.335 seconds with 19 queries.