• 30 Nov 2020 - 03:26
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: White Fang to the Rescue / Zanna bianca alla riscossa (Tonino Ricci, 1974)  (Read 4665 times)

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

This one is great fun, Maurizio Merli is our hero and the main villian is hammed up by none other than Henry Silva.

Your usual Italian "White Fang / Klondike Adventure" type movie, but this one is just that bit more violent than the rest. Another of of these films that would fall foul of the BBFC if ever submitted, this time a quite harrowing fight between the dog and a bear!

Also starring a whole host of familiar faces including Luciano Rossi, Donald O'Brien and Renzo Palmer.

The first time I saw this film was on a Dutch tape with the title "WOLFDOG THE PROTECTOR", I doubt that is another official English name for the film, just one Eagle 6 decided to call it.

It's not just the crime films where Merli gets to grit his teeth and dish out justice you know!  :-\ :) :) :) :-\

I didn't really know what section to put this in but as WHITE FANG AND THE GOLD DIGGERS was in the Spaghetti Western section I thought I'd take the liberty of putting this there too  :D

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

gnorthcott

Has this had any kind of dvd release or is it the dvdr route,looks cool,have still not seen fulci's 'white fang' films either

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

Has this had any kind of dvd release or is it the dvdr route
Theres loads of different U.S. dvd's at only a couple of dollars a pop.  :D

HBK

• Almost Human

They'll probably all look the same don't they ? I am going to buy this and there are a dozen cheap DVDs of this film. Any info on which one is the best ?

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

They'll probably all look the same don't they ? I am going to buy this and there are a dozen cheap DVDs of this film. Any info on which one is the best ?
More than likely all the same print like the majority of them U.S. Public Domain releases. Just go for the one with the nicest cover I suppose (which won't be easy to choose because all the covers are pretty shit  ;D)

HBK

• Almost Human

Haha, they are no beauty's that's for sure! ;D

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever

Yeah, I too would think that all those PD releases use the same print. The one I have is from Brentwood and the quality is fairly good for this kind of release. Here are a few grabs:

The biggest problem is the fact that it's fullscreen, which leads to a few shots like this:

Pretty watchable until something better comes along, though, and a very enjoyable film.

Mark (UK)

• Special Cop In Action

Watched this on Digiview Productions dvd - atrocious pic & sound quality as you would expect, pretty good fun film though. [spoiler]The bear fighting scene was unexpectedly nasty I thought. I did laugh out loud at the end though when Franco pushed White Fang off the cliff after he had just saved the boys life![/spoiler]
 ::)

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

[spoiler]I did laugh out loud at the end though when Franco pushed White Fang off the cliff after he had just saved the boys life![/spoiler]
I think your getting Maurizio Merli mixed up with Franco Nero mate  :D

Mark (UK)

• Special Cop In Action

[spoiler]I did laugh out loud at the end though when Franco pushed White Fang off the cliff after he had just saved the boys life![/spoiler]
I think your getting Maurizio Merli mixed up with Franco Nero mate  :D

Haha, only just noticed this, I was watching Sahara Cross at the time!  ???
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.