• 15 Apr 2021 - 10:33
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Nude Porter / La portiera nuda (Luigi Cozzi, 1976)  (Read 5939 times)

gialloshots

I have this poster for the film but there doesn't seem to be much information out there.  Luigi Cozzi directed and a decent cast including Irene Miracle, Erika Blanc, and Daniela Giordano. Has anyone seen it?

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
Re: The Nude Porter / La portiera nuda (Luigi Cozzi, 1976)
« Reply #1 on: 14 Apr 2011 - 22:32 »

Did you translate that yourself or is that an official English title for the film?

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

gialloshots

« Reply #2 on: 16 Apr 2011 - 01:00 »

No, I can't find any information on any releases outside of Italy.  I was searching through the forums to be sure a topic hadn't already been started on the film and I saw someone (think it was Jonny actually) call it that. 

I haven't been able to find much on this at all but I did track down a 3 minute clip where someone had pieced together all the nude scenes so I guess that's a small victory  :-\

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #3 on: 16 Apr 2011 - 08:27 »

No, I can't find any information on any releases outside of Italy.  I was searching through the forums to be sure a topic hadn't already been started on the film and I saw someone (think it was Jonny actually) call it that. 

Just doing some quick research and it seems that 'La portiera' means back door/rear/behind (I think) which makes me think the title is The Nude Behind? The Naked Arse, The Bare Bottom etc...

Any Italian speakers shed any light on this?

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #4 on: 16 Apr 2011 - 18:35 »

I haven't been able to find much on this at all but I did track down a 3 minute clip where someone had pieced together all the nude scenes so I guess that's a small victory  :-\
According to Cozzi an alternative version of the film featuring 4 or 5 minutes of hardcore footage was shown in some Italian cinemas at the time of its release.

gialloshots

« Reply #5 on: 16 Apr 2011 - 19:44 »

Just doing some quick research and it seems that 'La portiera' means back door/rear/behind (I think) which makes me think the title is The Nude Behind? The Naked Arse, The Bare Bottom etc...

I looked through a couple of online dictionaries and if they only list one definition it is usually "door" but some have "caretaker" or "concierge", specifically female, as an alternate definition.

http://www.wordreference.com/iten/portiera
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/portiera

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #6 on: 16 Apr 2011 - 20:26 »

Cover for the Italian tape on General video.I've noticed it on a couple of dvdr trading lists i have so it's not too hard to find.

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #7 on: 23 Jul 2011 - 20:01 »

Here's a few screenshots from a fairly nice looking copy of the Italian version which arrived in the post this morning.

bdc

« Reply #8 on: 23 Jul 2011 - 20:27 »

Nice one!

The translation of the title would be the nude (or naked) concierge/caretaker imho.
As mentioned above.

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #9 on: 24 Jul 2011 - 11:37 »

I'd say 'The Nude Porter' is actually spot on.

That translation seemed to work for Liliana Cavani - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071910/

Be careful with 'wordreference' (online dictionary) It IS the best dictionary available online (for Italian > English translation) but it still misses a lot of things - Often quite obvious words that leave you scratching your head thinking "Why the fuck isn't that there?!"

In this case they list 'Caretaker' and 'Concierge' but not the more obvious direct translation 'Portiera' > (female) 'Porter'.

"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

broonage

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • j'aime tous les dvds.
« Reply #10 on: 25 Jul 2011 - 08:32 »

Great Stephen, looks like a good print too.
Dig that groove baby.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 22 queries.