• 23 Sep 2020 - 09:30
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Memorabilia NEC  (Read 3613 times)

gnorthcott

Memorabilia NEC
« on: 18 Nov 2011 - 11:30 »

I used to go to this about twice a year and it was really good.Have not been for a couple years though and the mrs suggested going.There is some interesting guests this year so that sort of sealed the deal really.People of interest

Ian ogilvy
Veronica carlson
Barbara shelley
Ian mcculloch
Mrtine beswick
Captain kronos reunion(inc caroline munroe)
and a whole load of dr who/star wars/james bond type actors

Im not really into the whole autograph thing but its nice to see some actors from your favourite films,plus wading through hundreds and hundreds of stalls of dvds/posters/lobby cards etc

Anybody else going?

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato
Re: Memorabilia NEC
« Reply #1 on: 18 Nov 2011 - 12:54 »

I used to go to every show but the ridiculous entrance fee puts me off, particularly when I can get most of the stuff online for a fraction of the cost.  When I went last year a lot of the exhibitors were saying how the quality of the event is reducing and that they struggle to attract visitors.  Still it is a lot of fun.  Here is some footage I recorded of William Forsythe talking about Sergio Leone at a show a while back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQqn7ls6n80

Starski

• Almost Human
« Reply #2 on: 18 Nov 2011 - 14:03 »

I used to go to every event too,it's a good day out and a chance to meet some icons,but for the same reasons as demented,rarely go anymore.It was ok when they had bigger name U.S. guests and U.S. product wasn't so readily availible for half the price online.It can work out expensive by the time you've travelled to the event,paid £10 to get in,£15 per signature,£8 parking(that was a few years ago though so maybe more now).I've met some of the guests gnorthcott mentions on other occassions(Horst Janson,John Carson,Ian Mcculloch)and they've all happily signed stuff for me without charging £15 per signature,but if this gets them some extra cash,can't blame them for it.There is a few people i'd like to meet though,namely Barbara Shelley,Veronica Carlson,Lois Daine and Wanda Ventham..just don't feel like i can justify the cost.I was set on going until Brian Clemens dropped out due to work commitments,i've wanted to meet him for years and Caroline's been doing her best to get him to attend,shame it's fallen through.
So basically i've still not decided,i'll see what kind of mood i'm in tomorrow and maybe go on a whim  ;D

Starski

• Almost Human
« Reply #3 on: 18 Nov 2011 - 20:24 »

I used to go to this about twice a year and it was really good.Have not been for a couple years though and the mrs suggested going.There is some interesting guests this year so that sort of sealed the deal really.People of interest

Ian ogilvy
Veronica carlson
Barbara shelley
Ian mcculloch
Mrtine beswick
Captain kronos reunion(inc caroline munroe)
and a whole load of dr who/star wars/james bond type actors

Im not really into the whole autograph thing but its nice to see some actors from your favourite films,plus wading through hundreds and hundreds of stalls of dvds/posters/lobby cards etc

Anybody else going?

You forgot Alexandra Bastedo out of Blood Spattered Bride,and so did i actually  ;D,anyway i think i may go on Sunday now afterall,just to give it another try.When you say looking through hundreds of stalls i know what you mean,it was like that a few years ago,but the last few times i went it was getting quieter and quieter recently with less stalls and more and more cosplayers running about and wrestling matches taking place   ???

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Re: Re: Memorabilia NEC
« Reply #4 on: 18 Nov 2011 - 20:27 »

Haven't been for years. Last time I went was purely because Barbara Bouchet was attending...

Starski

• Almost Human
Re: Re: Memorabilia NEC
« Reply #5 on: 18 Nov 2011 - 22:25 »

Haven't been for years. Last time I went was purely because Barbara Bouchet was attending...

I was at that event and forgot to go and meet Barbara for some inexplicable reason,now i think about it...i can't imagine what could possibly sidetrack me from that,i've been kicking myself ever since  ???

gnorthcott

« Reply #6 on: 20 Nov 2011 - 18:40 »

I just got back from a weekend in birmingham,was good fun.It was however a lot smaller than it was when i last attended 3 years ago,there were not as many dvd/blu ray tables as what there used to be either.I did however pick up a mint quad poster for 'the night evelyn came out of the grave'/'cold blooded beast' double bill for just twenty quid,which i was hyper excited about,wasnt happy though that marc morris had beaten me to the punch by putting a pic of his in the gallery ???

Starski

• Almost Human
« Reply #7 on: 20 Nov 2011 - 20:53 »

I just got back from a weekend in birmingham,was good fun.It was however a lot smaller than it was when i last attended 3 years ago,there were not as many dvd/blu ray tables as what there used to be either.I did however pick up a mint quad poster for 'the night evelyn came out of the grave'/'cold blooded beast' double bill for just twenty quid,which i was hyper excited about,wasnt happy though that marc morris had beaten me to the punch by putting a pic of his in the gallery ???

Just got back from my day out too,had a good day but didn't pick up any bargains or get anything signed,no idea where the time goes when i do go to these events seriously.It does get smaller each time and it will definately be even smaller next time(March 2012) too as i know they're having it split 50/50 between cosplay/anime and general film interests from the next one   :'( That quad sounds like an absolute bargain!Bet Marc didn't get his for £20 though :p what gallery is it in?

I only picked up the Mondo Macabro DVD of Franco's Sinner and DVD's of Naschy's Inquisition and also The Werewolf And The Yeti so can't grumble.

Would of liked to get something signed off Alexandra Bastedo for Blood Spattered Bride and also Barbara Shelley and Veronica Carlson,but didn't have anything particularly great to take to get signed so didn't bother,another one i'll be regretting in a year or two's time no doubt ???   

gnorthcott

« Reply #8 on: 21 Nov 2011 - 10:10 »

Marcs image is in the 1st page of the giallo gallery.The bloke had hundreds and hundreds of quads for som eincredibly rare posters and they were all quite reasonably priced.The 'evelyn/cold blooded beast' quad was mint,and apart from marcs,the only other one i have seen on ebay had a buy it now price of something extreme like £500 or more,so i was well pleased i got mine for so cheap.I could have spent a couple hours going through his folders but my 12month old daughter was getting more and more angry and in the end i had to bribe her off with a new pepper pig toy she had spotted.

I also saw a lush french poster for 'vampire and the ballerina' but at £75 it was too much for me

Starski

• Almost Human
« Reply #9 on: 21 Nov 2011 - 14:34 »

Ah okay,nice poster! totally makes you day when you drop on a bargain like that.I know what you mean..i picked up a mint House By The Cemetery quad a few years ago for £50,was totally shocked when i saw one on ebay now for nearer £400,even allowing for chancers it's still a fair jump in price.I did notice a French couple that had a stall there,they had loads of posters too,i started looking through their stuff and had to give up or i'd of been there all day,didn't notice if they had any quads tbh but definately plenty of nice stuff.   

Starski

• Almost Human
« Reply #10 on: 21 Nov 2011 - 14:44 »

Marcs image is in the 1st page of the giallo gallery.The bloke had hundreds and hundreds of quads for som eincredibly rare posters and they were all quite reasonably priced.The 'evelyn/cold blooded beast' quad was mint,and apart from marcs,the only other one i have seen on ebay had a buy it now price of something extreme like £500 or more,so i was well pleased i got mine for so cheap.I could have spent a couple hours going through his folders but my 12month old daughter was getting more and more angry and in the end i had to bribe her off with a new pepper pig toy she had spotted.

I also saw a lush french poster for 'vampire and the ballerina' but at £75 it was too much for me

Just had a look on ebay...there's a guy with one of those evelyn quads on ebay at the moment ....£999.99 buy it now!

gnorthcott

« Reply #11 on: 21 Nov 2011 - 21:16 »

Yeah thats the one that i saw a while back,maybe i can list mine for £980  ;D seriosly though that seller must be a bit nuts to think its worth that much,i wonder how much marc paid for his?
The french couple are the guys who had the polselli poster and loads of nice french bava posters.The guy i got my poster from had a lush black quad of 'living dead at the manchester morgue' hanging behind his stall,which also would have been mine if i could have afforded it ;D

Starski

• Almost Human
« Reply #12 on: 21 Nov 2011 - 22:00 »

Depends how long he's had it,if he's had it a a while he probably can't even remember himself! rare and desired quads have gone up in value quite a bit recently,i'm no expert but i think its as much about the artwork as well as the film.I can imagine that manchester morgue one is quite rare now so i would think it would be quite pricey yeah lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.