• 23 Jul 2019 - 23:12
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mario Bava: All The Colors of the Dark (Tim Lucas)  (Read 14958 times)

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
Re: Mario Bava: All The Colors of the Dark (Tim Lucas)
« Reply #45 on: 17 Jul 2009 - 12:49 »

Shit, they'll be giving the pair of you your own reality TV show next.

It'll be a bit like The Apprentice. Instead of saying "You're FIRED!" we'll say "You're FUCKED!" and Kev will dip his cock on their drinks when their not looking...

Still, I'd rather get caught putting my cock in someone's drink than have just one tooth in my whole mouth.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #46 on: 17 Jul 2009 - 13:31 »

Shit, they'll be giving the pair of you your own reality TV show next.

It'll be a bit like The Apprentice. Instead of saying "You're FIRED!" we'll say "You're FUCKED!" and Kev will dip his cock on their drinks when their not looking...

Still, I'd rather get caught putting my cock in someone's drink than have just one tooth in my whole mouth.
Who's only got one tooth?

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

gnorthcott

« Reply #47 on: 12 Sep 2011 - 21:11 »

I have a bit of cash burning a hole in my pocket,and im on the fence about purchasing the book.can some people give honest feedback about whether it is actually worth the price tag.im sure the book is awesome but damn $290  :o
Feedback desperately wanted

Bogan The Wanderer

« Reply #48 on: 22 Oct 2011 - 00:58 »

If you're still debating it, yeah, I'd say it's worth it.  I had a friend over at my house a couple of weeks ago who had heard of the book but never seen it, and after paging through my copy he said "I should really get this, it's pretty fantastic.  Is it still available?".  The book is basically everything you could ever want to know about Bava's films, his history, behind-the-scenes anecdotes, analysis of the movies, interviews with cast and crew, the works, all very heavily illustrated with probably the most extensive and nicely reproduced set of Eurocult-related stills, lobby cards and poster art you'll ever find in a book.  If you sat down and read the book properly from cover to cover it'd probably take the better part of a month.  That said (and I think others have mentioned this) the one possible drawback is that the book really is almost too big to enjoyably read or handle.  Proper effort is required to lift the book up with two hands, and it's cumbersome to read in one's lap.  The book should really have been a two or three volume set (and I recall author Tim Lucas was going in that direction at one point but was talked out of it).  The size of it - it really is fucking enormous - means that it's likely a book you'll dip into every so often rather than sitting down and reading it cover to cover like most other Eurocult books you might own.  Anyway - it's a serious chunk of money (you could probably put the same amount of dough towards a good trip somewhere) but if the book eventually sells out you'll probably be kicking yourself for years after if you don't snap it up.  The Jess Franco Obsession book was pretty heavily coveted for years by folks who never bought it (before it eventually turned up on the usual cult torrent sites) and this Bava book is something like four or five times the size and detail of that one, with better printing and full colour throughout.  If you're seriously devoted to Bava or strongly interested in boosting your knowledge of Italian or Eurocult cinema you should probably pick it up.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #49 on: 09 Dec 2011 - 07:29 »

$100 off!

That's $190 inc shipping to the UK...

Limited time sale http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=18ff72af283ea36c5947daaa8&id=a5186fb789

ENDS TOMORROW, SATURDAY 10th December!
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #50 on: 09 Dec 2011 - 13:59 »

Shame I haven't got the funds.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

gnorthcott

« Reply #51 on: 09 Dec 2011 - 16:24 »

Still a lot of money though.Damn im tempted,I had a hundred quid in my paypal account that i have just blown,would have been nearly there  ???
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 35 queries.