• 12 Jul 2020 - 23:25
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Horror Movie Empire.com  (Read 9025 times)

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato
Re: Horror Movie Empire.com
« Reply #15 on: 22 Dec 2011 - 14:19 »

Well I ordered 8 Blu-Rays the other day so we will have to see. Can always claim it back from my credit card company if it goes tits up.

The Blue-Underground offer ends on Sunday.

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #16 on: 22 Dec 2011 - 18:59 »

Blue Underground just tweeted about the site's offer. I guess that's as good as validation can ever get.  ::)
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook          Twitter        Google+
Letterboxd

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Re: Re: Re: Horror Movie Empire.com
« Reply #17 on: 22 Dec 2011 - 20:25 »

Blue Underground just tweeted about the site's offer. I guess that's as good as validation can ever get.� ::)

Cool!

I'll be placing a massive order tomorrow!*

*I won't be really
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #18 on: 22 Dec 2011 - 22:49 »

Blue Underground just tweeted about the site's offer. I guess that's as good as validation can ever get.  ::)
That's good to know.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #19 on: 26 Dec 2011 - 12:01 »

The offer has been extended another week. Slightly higher prices but still a bargain.

Letterboxd

Starski

• Almost Human
« Reply #20 on: 26 Dec 2011 - 18:14 »

Damn,only just noticed this thread,might place an order as there's a few titles i'm still missing....even now at $11.50 for the blu's it's still a great deal,anyone else ordered and received confirmation about the shipping individually situation?

Funktion

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #21 on: 26 Dec 2011 - 22:12 »

Against my better judgment, I ended up purchasing all the BU BDs I wanted (11 total, 8 released titles + 3 pre-orders).

I really hate shopping from "unknown", smaller stores, too many things can go wrong (never receiving the items, receiving second-hand products sold as new, receiving bootlegs, ...), but since I paid for the whole batch pretty much what I would pay for just the 3 pre-orders (Amazon has Baba Yaga and Night Train Murders for $26.99 each + shipping), I decided to take a risk.

Plus, the first reference I've seen to the store was when they were mentioned by Synapse either on Twitter or on their blog a few months ago, so that may give them a bit of credibility.
Those prices still sound too good to be true, especially since they include free worldwide shipping, so frankly I'm expecting the worse, to avoid disappointment.  :D

By the way, there's a 10% off coupon that can be used: use "SCREAM" during checkout. It can be used multiple times.

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #22 on: 30 Dec 2011 - 13:51 »

After over a week of humming and harring I've placed an order too - Ordered eight films and used Funktion's SCREAM code which means they cost slightly more than the $10 they would have been if I'd ordered last week.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Funktion

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #23 on: 30 Dec 2011 - 19:39 »

From what I read online, although lots of people (myself included) were skeptic about this store because of the ridiculously low prices they have (to a point where I don't understand how they manage to make a profit with some titles, since they offer free international shipping), customers have been receiving their products, and these are new/factory sealed.

They are 7-10 days behind in shipments (apparently its only one guy that handles all these orders, and he received nearly 2000 in the last weeks, more than he had in their 2 years of operations), but orders are being fulfilled, and with no other issues to report other than the somewhat long time until they are shipped.

As long as I get my items, I have no problems in waiting a bit, especially considering the ridiculously low prices he has (with free International shipping).

I mean he is selling the upcoming Blue Underground BD releases (Night Train Murders, Baba Yaga and Strip Nude For Your Killer) for $11.5 each (less with the coupon), when Amazon.com is selling each of them for $26.99 + shipping. So for the price of a single title, I ordered all 3.
Also, he has the upcoming Scorpion Releasing DVDs for $8 each (again, less with a coupon), including the new release of House On Sorority Row (which has a bonus 2nd dvd for the first pressing of 2000 copies) and the Devil's Men/Terror Double Feature DVD.

Starski

• Almost Human
« Reply #24 on: 30 Dec 2011 - 23:13 »

After over a week of humming and harring I've placed an order too - Ordered eight films and used Funktion's SCREAM code which means they cost slightly more than the $10 they would have been if I'd ordered last week.

I've ended up placing an order too,that code was in place even when the original sale price was on,so the people that ordered them at that time and used the code,got the blu's for $9.....rediculous!

Like i said though,still a mighty fine deal whichever way you look at it and worth a punt,i assume if the worse happens we'll be covered through paypal or cc anyway. 

djvaso

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #25 on: 01 Jan 2012 - 15:06 »

Damn, no sales for me. I checkout with my debit Visa card and the system refused it. Then I tried to pay by PayPal also without luck because the country (Bosnia & Herzegovina) where the account is registered is not on the list of countries where he dispatches orders  :-[ .

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #26 on: 01 Jan 2012 - 15:57 »

You could try contacting him on Twitter to see if he'll alter his PayPal settings? @horrorempire

Letterboxd

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #27 on: 02 Jan 2012 - 00:16 »

Someone on Cult Labs mentioned that they had received their order of BU titles.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #28 on: 02 Jan 2012 - 16:55 »

They are now doing an offer on Synapse stuff, $12 on the Blu's and $10 on the Dvd's.

I don't want to order anything else until at least some of my BU ones arrive though.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #29 on: 02 Jan 2012 - 17:04 »

It's a bit silly of him starting another sale when he's just had the biggest volume of sales he's ever had and hasn't finished fulfilling those orders yet.

Letterboxd
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 34 queries.