• 10 Dec 2019 - 18:32
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Venom (Piers Haggard, 1981)  (Read 3696 times)

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
Venom (Piers Haggard, 1981)
« on: 08 Aug 2007 - 11:35 »

Anyone else a fan of this ‘Black Mamba on the loose in London house’ thriller from accomplished Brit Piers Haggard? The film concerns the escape of the deadly reptile during a hostage situation. VENOM is an exceedingly daft film but an absolute joy to behold, mostly due to a cast that includes Klaus Kinski, Oliver Reed, Susan George and Sterling Hayden.

I once had a conversation with Haggard’s daughter about this film. She alluded to her father having made a film with Kinski and when I asked her what it was, she was really embarrassed to answer! She did tell me that her father had had a complete nightmare making the film because Reed and Kinski were constantly fighting!
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Richard C

Re: Venom, Piers Haggard, 1981)
« Reply #1 on: 08 Aug 2007 - 12:37 »

Yep I enjoyed this one. It must have been a total nightmare with those two wild horses on the set and I'd been surprised Haggard wasn't on some sort of medication throughout the shoot! Didn't they use real Black Mambas for this? Aren't they one of the most dangerous snakes going?

Mart85

« Reply #2 on: 08 Aug 2007 - 17:22 »

I love this one too.  Really enjoyable.  The commentary of the BU disc is great too for the Reed / Kinski anecdotes.

IL COMMISSARIO

« Reply #3 on: 08 Aug 2007 - 22:40 »

Kinski chose this over the villain role in RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK because he thought the script was a piece of shit. Although he relished the thought of working with Spielberg, he thought the script was crap. Then again, VENOM paid him more money.

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #4 on: 09 Aug 2007 - 08:00 »

Kinski chose this over the villain role in RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK because he thought the script was a piece of shit. Although he relished the thought of working with Spielberg, he thought the script was crap. Then again, VENOM paid him more money.

Yeah, I was going to say, he mentions in his autobiography that the salary for RAIDERS was insulting. although he never alludes to which character he would have played, I suspect it was that that would eventually go to Ronald Lacey.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #5 on: 09 Aug 2007 - 10:35 »

Yeah, I was going to say, he mentions in his autobiography that the salary for RAIDERS was insulting. although he never alludes to which character he would have played, I suspect it was that that would eventually go to Ronald Lacey.
That's what i thought aswell, 99% that role i'd say, or the other nazi whose face melts (not Paul Freeman, the proper kraut looking one)

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 35 queries.