• 13 Jul 2020 - 03:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seven Deaths in the Cat's Eye (Antonio Margheriti, 1973)  (Read 1909 times)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

aka La morte negli occhi del gatto

Watched this for the first time last night via the Blue Underground DVD which I've had for years and years. I was always put off watching this due to some bad word of mouth but actually enjoyed it a lot, very atmospheric and really well made for the most part.

I did nearly spit my drink out when I realised it was set in Scotland and Serge Gainsbourg popped up with that fabulous dubbed voice!  :-\
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

HBK

• Almost Human
Re: Seven Deaths in the Cats Eye (Antonio Margheriti, 1973)
« Reply #1 on: 04 Jan 2012 - 17:46 »

I really love this film. Great atmosphere, love the gothic feeling to it. Love the setting and the music is great too! And indeed Gainsbourg was the comic relief in the film as a crippled inspector with a great scottish accent! ;D

cannibal man

Re: Seven Deaths in the Cat's Eye (Antonio Margheriti, 1973)
« Reply #2 on: 06 Jan 2012 - 14:00 »

fantastic trailer and i film i must get round to seeing.
would never have thought it was set in scotland.

and jonny its best not to go by what others think you watched it and liked it and you heard it was not good.

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever
Re: Seven Deaths in the Cat's Eye (Antonio Margheriti, 1973)
« Reply #3 on: 12 Jan 2012 - 14:00 »

I've always enjoyed this one and have never understood why it tends to gets such a bad rap. Great, stylish effort from Margheriti with a very interesting assembly of fine European actors.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 37 queries.