• 20 May 2022 - 09:56
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Cine Excess 2012  (Read 21417 times)

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
Re: Cine Excess 2012
« Reply #15 on: 01 May 2012 - 12:04 »

I found out yesterday that I'm in London the week before so it's now very unlikely that I'll be going but never say never.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #16 on: 01 May 2012 - 20:04 »

Tickets for the events at the ICI are now on sale...

http://www.icilondon.esteri.it/IIC_Londra/Menu/Gli_Eventi/Calendario/

medway garage

« Reply #17 on: 03 May 2012 - 16:45 »

Damn ! Saturday's event is clashing with the 'Buzzcocks' [three line ups including Howard Devoto on one night grrrrrrrrrrr !]

I got tickets anyway but i'm a bit confused, for example on the Cine Excess site it says various events include the preceeding films, but there is no mention of this on the Italian Cultural Institute site, for example;

The Year’s With(out) Lead: Bodies, Bullets, and the 1970s Italian Extreme: A Special Panel Discussion [Friday 25th May]

http://www.cine-excess.co.uk/the-yearrsquos-without-lead.html

‘The Year’s With(out) Lead: Bodies, Bullets, and the 1970s Italian Extreme’ is open to cinema goers over the age of 18, and tickets are priced at £7 each, which also includes free entry to the 9pm screening of Keoma. This panel discussion is also free to all Cine-Excess VI delegates holding a full or day rate pass.

http://www.icilondon.esteri.it/IIC_Londra/webform/SchedaEvento.aspx?id=920&citta=Londra

But on the Ici London site, no mention ? Plus,no order details for the mystery midnight screening on the Friday ? Does anyone have any info on this.

I think Xavier overheard me, because i suggested Sergio Martino last year, good call !

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #18 on: 03 May 2012 - 17:12 »

I asked Xavier about the free entry to Keoma if you buy a ticket for the discussion beforehand and he said yes, you do get free entry.

The surprise midnight show is being announced in the next few days, they are waiting for rights issues you clear up at the moment. You'll be able to buy tickets as soon as it's been cleared for screening.

I've got tickets for 'The Year’s With(out) Lead: Bodies, Bullets, and the 1970s Italian Extreme' (and Keoma after), The Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh, 'Your Vice is a Locked Door and Only Martino Holds the Key' (and All the Colours of the Dark after)

I'll also likely get tickets for the Castellari panel on the Saturday (with the screening of Bronx Warriors) and the midnight show when it gets announced.

medway garage

« Reply #19 on: 03 May 2012 - 17:31 »

I've got tickets for 'The Year’s With(out) Lead: Bodies, Bullets, and the 1970s Italian Extreme' (and Keoma after), The Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh, 'Your Vice is a Locked Door and Only Martino Holds the Key' (and All the Colours of the Dark after)

That's what i did, [think you got the 'Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh' bit wrong though] i'll probably go to the Castellari event as well,not sure if i'll be about on saturday night.....depends on how many of my poster haul i get signed on Friday !!! Cheers for the info Jonny,look forward to finding out what the midnight movie is ? 'Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh','The Violent Professionals'......or perhaps the Euro Crime documentary !!! Now that would good !

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #20 on: 03 May 2012 - 17:34 »

Strange Vice is showing Friday!

All Xavier says about the midnight show is that it's "a totally delirious seventies classic"

medway garage

« Reply #21 on: 03 May 2012 - 17:40 »

I'm afraid not, 'Your Vice is a Locked Door and Only I Have the Key' is, though i'd love to be proved wrong !

http://www.tickets-icilondon.eu/product.php/36/1/your_vice_is_a_locked_door_and_only_i_have_the_key__1972_

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
Re: Re: Cine Excess 2012
« Reply #22 on: 03 May 2012 - 17:56 »

I'm afraid not, 'Your Vice is a Locked Door and Only I Have the Key' is, though i'd love to be proved wrong !

http://www.tickets-icilondon.eu/product.php/36/1/your_vice_is_a_locked_door_and_only_i_have_the_key__1972_

Haha! What nana, I need my eyes testing!

mattblake

« Reply #23 on: 04 May 2012 - 18:47 »

Might well pop along to The Year’s With(out) Lead, unfortunately train times mean I'd have to leave Keoma half way through, but if anyone fancies a pint after the discussion instead...

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #24 on: 04 May 2012 - 20:50 »

Might well pop along to The Year’s With(out) Lead, unfortunately train times mean I'd have to leave Keoma half way through, but if anyone fancies a pint after the discussion instead...
Do you live far out Matt?

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

mattblake

« Reply #25 on: 04 May 2012 - 23:35 »

Not too far out, down on the coast near Brighton, but the trains aren't that frequent in the evening...

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #26 on: 04 May 2012 - 23:37 »

Not too far out, down on the coast near Brighton, but the trains aren't that frequent in the evening...
That's still a bit of a punch though.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #27 on: 07 May 2012 - 09:13 »

The midnight show has been announced...

Midnight Extreme: The Freakmaker (AKA The Mutations, 1974)
Friday 25th May – Midnight (The Italian Cultural Institute)   
In this dark and delirious seventies redub of Todd Browning’s Freaks, Donald Pleasence is cast as Professor Nolter, a perverse practitioner dabbling with photosynthesis in order to create a new super-species of human/plant hybrids. The spurious surgeon is assisted in these diabolical experiments by Lynch, a deformed funfair ringmaster (played in heavy make-up by a pre Dr Who Tom Baker). When cute college girls begin to go missing, Nolter’s experiments attract the suspicions of campus authorities, as well as ensuring the shocking vengeance of a funfair collective that society has deemed to be ‘freaks’. Directed by acclaimed cinematographer Jack Cardiff, The Freakmaker (AKA The Mutations) contains striking visuals, a hypnotic jazzy score, as well as strident performances from cult luminaries such as Donald Pleasence, Tom Baker and Julie Ege. However, by mixing real-life images of disability with ‘monstrous’ celluloid creations, the film ignited wider condemnation for its apparent exploitation of physical difference. Although underground cinema has a long and often controversial fascination with disability, Cardiff and producer Robert Weinbach use the narrative’s debt to the cinema of Todd Browning as a mode of cult adaptation, problematizing the assumptions between normality and humanity in a way that renders The Freakmaker both highly contentious and curiously compelling.

Robert Weinbach has personally chosen this screening to accompany his visit to Cine-Excess VI, and we are delighted that he will be introducing the film on Friday 25th May at 12 midnight, followed by an exclusive screening of this cult rarity.

http://www.cine-excess.co.uk/the-freakmaker.html

I'm not going to book tickets for this one, I'll make my mind up on the day. What do you think Aarron?

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #28 on: 07 May 2012 - 09:41 »

I'm not going to book tickets for this one, I'll make my mind up on the day. What do you think Aarron?
Not too bothered really, I'll decide on the day also for this one  :-\

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #29 on: 07 May 2012 - 09:44 »

I'd guess that the chances of Jonny staying sober enough to watch a midnight screening are absolutely fuck all.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook 
Letterboxd
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.