• 02 Dec 2020 - 08:16
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Revolver (Guy Ritchie, 2005)  (Read 2902 times)

kurug3n

Revolver (Guy Ritchie, 2005)
« on: 10 Aug 2007 - 05:32 »

Revolver (2005)

This movie is one of the best or THE best movie to have come out in 2005. The movie takes you to so many different levels and the ending just makes you sit in your seat saying "WTF?!?" just happened.

Directed by the great Guy Ritchie (Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels and Snatch) who once again shows that he is one director that you cant miss. The style and the way that this movie looks and feels is great because it never goes over the top and it doesnt get cheesy.

The story is basically about Jake Green who is released from prison and figured
out a way to win at poker. He then gets a disease that is slowly killing him until 2 men appear to tell him they can cure him if they do what they tell him to do. And the way that he gets cured is that all of winnings have to be given away. Any more plot than there wouldn't be a reason to watch it.

Andre Benjamin (Andre 3000) and Vincent Pastore (The Sopranos) both bring out great performances but Ray Liotta (Goodfellas) is the best person out of the movie acting wise. Doesnt mean that Jason Statham (The Transporter) didnt bring out a great performance as well.

This movie is just perfect for a person who wants a movie that makes them think. The only thing that sucks about this movie is that it hasnt have a legal release in america so you would have to get illegaly but it is going to released in theaters later this year.

So in all i give the movie ***** out ***** (5/5)

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
Re: Revolver (2005)
« Reply #1 on: 10 Aug 2007 - 08:45 »

Hi kurug3n, welcome to the forum, mate  ::)

I wasn't keen on REVOLVER, to be honest and while I like SNATCH and LOCK, STOCK, I don't really rate Ritchie as a director. I hought his script for REVOLVER was way too clever for its own good--too many redherrings and twists--it just stunk of him trying to emulate THE USUAL SUSPECTS.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #2 on: 10 Aug 2007 - 08:53 »

I never saw this film but I do remember fondly the puzzled reactions the audience (I work in a cinema btw) had when they realised there were no end credits and they'd been sat in the dark listening to the music at the end of the film for a good 5 minutes...

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #3 on: 10 Aug 2007 - 08:54 »

I never saw this film but I do remember fondly the puzzled reactions the audience (I work in a cinema btw) had when they realised there were no end credits and they'd been sat in the dark listening to the music at the end of the film for a good 5 minutes...

I didn't even notice that, mate.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #4 on: 10 Aug 2007 - 09:01 »

I didn't even notice that, mate.

It's true!

From IMDB

"There are no opening or end credits. Only the distributor (EuropaCorp) and
the production company (Revolver Pictures Ltd) are credited at all. The
ending has several minutes of blank screen and piano music. This seems to
be a deliberate choice by the director to reinforce the movie's
philosophical themes"

Link

kurug3n

Re: Revolver (Guy Ritchie, 2005)
« Reply #5 on: 20 Mar 2008 - 18:55 »

Well I recently bought the R1 release thinking it was the same as the UK release but it was just a POS US edit ??? The cut out the 3 brothers sub plot and the niece getting kidnapped at the end.Also, They added more narration throughout the movie and the scene in the elevator was cut.So now its more understanble i guess :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 21 queries.