• 17 Feb 2020 - 20:11
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possession – Andrzej Korzynski  (Read 4074 times)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Possession – Andrzej Korzynski
« on: 07 Jun 2012 - 14:13 »

This is the first time any of this music has been released outside of the films original context and is packaged on CD, 12" vinyl and conceptual green compact cassettes housed in miniature clamshell cases reminiscent of the films original VHS release that briefly adorned UK video shops in the early 1980s

More info here
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
Re: Possession – Andrzej Korzynski
« Reply #1 on: 07 Jun 2012 - 14:20 »

I'd rather have his score for DIABEL.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #2 on: 07 Jun 2012 - 14:23 »

I'd rather have his score for DIABEL.

Email them and ask them about it  :'(

doug[AT]finderskeepersrecords.com
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

imaginaryforces

• Almost Human
    • Entropy & Energy
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jun 2012 - 20:49 »

I might have to grab a copy of this. I do love how every vinyl release is described as either luxury or deluxe these days.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #4 on: 17 Jun 2012 - 21:04 »

I do love how every vinyl release is described as either luxury or deluxe these days.
:-\

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

norliss

• Anonymous Avenger
« Reply #5 on: 18 Jun 2012 - 12:51 »

I might have to grab a copy of this. I do love how every vinyl release is described as either luxury or deluxe these days.

:) Indeed. It's because they have to justify the prices they charge. I wish ALL vinyl releases either gave you a back-up CD (just a disc, not the whole case/caboodle) or a code to download a digital version.

I love vinyl and want to buy it where possible but I resent being made to choose between vinyl-only and digital when the former is usually 2x the price (or more).

imaginaryforces

• Almost Human
    • Entropy & Energy
« Reply #6 on: 20 Jun 2012 - 11:56 »

:) Indeed. It's because they have to justify the prices they charge. I wish ALL vinyl releases either gave you a back-up CD (just a disc, not the whole case/caboodle) or a code to download a digital version.

I love vinyl and want to buy it where possible but I resent being made to choose between vinyl-only and digital when the former is usually 2x the price (or more).

Indeed. I remember when I was still playing on pirate radio in London, which is not really that long ago, buying a set of 5 12" for £30, that is one track on each side at 45rpm so top quality loud pressings. Now it seems you can pay that for a "deluxe" vinyl, which translates to one 12" with 10 tracks on it. I do think that the digital download option is a viable thing these days. Every release I put out myself is sold through my Bandcamp account where you automatically get a digital download as soon as you order.

the blob

• Violent Professional
« Reply #7 on: 20 Jun 2012 - 13:22 »

This one's only £15 inc postage though in the UK which is actually reasonable. I imagine it's a pretty small run. It was costing me £800 to press up 500 two-track 12" and that was cheap as it was through a high volume distributor account. They were in generic plain black sleeves, I only had to pay to master 2 tracks and whatever label art I did myself. As they don't actually own any of the music I imagine they'll have to pay a fair chunk in licensing fee, royalties and publishing so I doubt there'll much more than enough to make it viable afterwards.

imaginaryforces

• Almost Human
    • Entropy & Energy
« Reply #8 on: 20 Jun 2012 - 19:46 »

This one's only £15 inc postage though in the UK which is actually reasonable. I imagine it's a pretty small run. It was costing me £800 to press up 500 two-track 12" and that was cheap as it was through a high volume distributor account. They were in generic plain black sleeves, I only had to pay to master 2 tracks and whatever label art I did myself. As they don't actually own any of the music I imagine they'll have to pay a fair chunk in licensing fee, royalties and publishing so I doubt there'll much more than enough to make it viable afterwards.

Granted, with this release. I was talking in more general terms though. But yes, you are right £15 all in is a pretty good price these days.

norliss

• Anonymous Avenger
« Reply #9 on: 22 Jun 2012 - 11:33 »

Indeed. I remember when I was still playing on pirate radio in London, which is not really that long ago, buying a set of 5 12" for £30, that is one track on each side at 45rpm so top quality loud pressings. Now it seems you can pay that for a "deluxe" vinyl, which translates to one 12" with 10 tracks on it. I do think that the digital download option is a viable thing these days. Every release I put out myself is sold through my Bandcamp account where you automatically get a digital download as soon as you order.

I like the Bandcamp approach where you can buy vinyl/cd & instant download in a format of your choice so commend you for that. I take it your music is that mentioned in your sig or elsewhere? I'd like to check it out.

imaginaryforces

• Almost Human
    • Entropy & Energy
« Reply #10 on: 05 Jul 2012 - 03:09 »

I like the Bandcamp approach where you can buy vinyl/cd & instant download in a format of your choice so commend you for that. I take it your music is that mentioned in your sig or elsewhere? I'd like to check it out.
Thanks. Sure, you can check out some of my stuff via my website. The link is in my sig.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 34 queries.